Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2007, 02:49 PM
pebble

Being Positive

For the last couple of days, I have been practicing being positive. I have noticed that I can be sitting at my computer and negative thougts start popping in. Sitting at my computer is just one of many places. LOL

Of course I put the thoughts down and rid them as quickly as I can. I just thought how weird it is that the more you try being positive, there is a force that tries to make you negative.

Has anybody else noticed this?
Old 21-04-2007, 03:12 PM
dreamer

Hey pebble,

There is a theory that adverse forces act as a gravity to hold you where you are if you try to better yourself, this could be seen as karma or just as ones own fear of the unknown. Some may see these forces as the devil or darkness, I would opine that they are maybe just challenging your worthiness to get to a better place (but thats just my opinion which may or may not be worth squat)..you are what you believe yourself to be...changing beliefs of who or what you are can be challenging....some may say that to give up all beliefs is the quickest route to re-defining your experience (or undefining it)...others may say that everything is perfection and that to see everything as such will naturally lead to a more positive outlook...either way trust in letting go seems to be the key if one really wants to get to know oneself better.

But yes, to answer your question i notice this.
Old 21-04-2007, 03:31 PM
pebble

What you say really makes sense, this is the part of what you say that I like most.
I would opine that they are maybe just challenging your worthiness to get to a better place (but thats just my opinion which may or may not be worth squat)..you are what you believe yourself to be...changing beliefs of who or what you are can be challenging.
>
>
>
I feel I am worthy and march forward with my postive thinking. lol
Old 21-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Master
I've posted this in other places, but if you're practice positive thinking...then this might be something you'd be interested in. I usually pull a couple of cards a day...just to give me a boost:

http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/poo...tion-cards.htm

ROFL...I just went and pulled one....and dreamer...what you just said was confirmed, my dear!!!

Quote:
The more I love myself the more I see love reflected in those around me.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 21-04-2007, 05:31 PM
pebble

I went to the site and this is what I got. Abundance of love. I give and receive an abundance of love.
Old 21-04-2007, 08:19 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble
What you say really makes sense, this is the part of what you say that I like most.
I would opine that they are maybe just challenging your worthiness to get to a better place (but thats just my opinion which may or may not be worth squat)..you are what you believe yourself to be...changing beliefs of who or what you are can be challenging.
>
>
>
I feel I am worthy and march forward with my postive thinking. lol

lol, thats definitely the way forward, take what spurs you on and acknowledge but ignore that which grates.....until you get to a point where everything is seen to be the truth/perfection.
Old 21-04-2007, 11:26 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hey pebble,

There is a theory that adverse forces act as a gravity to hold you where you are if you try to better yourself, this could be seen as karma or just as ones own fear of the unknown. Some may see these forces as the devil or darkness, I would opine that they are maybe just challenging your worthiness to get to a better place (but thats just my opinion which may or may not be worth squat)..you are what you believe yourself to be...changing beliefs of who or what you are can be challenging....some may say that to give up all beliefs is the quickest route to re-defining your experience (or undefining it)...others may say that everything is perfection and that to see everything as such will naturally lead to a more positive outlook...either way trust in letting go seems to be the key if one really wants to get to know oneself better.

But yes, to answer your question i notice this.

Hey Dreamer,

While we don't agree on that many things, I think you got it perfectly right this time. Life itself, and especially change, is an ongoing process. We have to weigh the pros and cons, and decide what will work for us at any given point. I tend to be slow and plodding, not because I have a lot of doubts, but because I like my life as it is, and so I need good reason to change. And usually, change is so gradual if we don't pay attention, we could end up stuck in a rut. Not all change is positive, but it is always change.

John
Old 22-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Creator

This happens a lot in my life. The maintaining a positive attitude and either negative thoughts or happenings pop up. My understanding of why it happens is that I’m trying to change my normal reactive thought process to a peaceful one in all circumstances. In order to really get to being peaceful in all places of my life I need to have experiences or thoughts that are not of a peaceful manner present themselves in my life so that I may choose to be peace ful or positive in the wake of those non peaceful things happening. Basically the universe is giving me those bad things to give me the opportunity to be good or positive while there occurring. And if I do that then I can be the positive person I chose to be.

Creator
Old 22-04-2007, 10:44 PM
pebble

[quote=Creator]This happens a lot in my life. The maintaining a positive attitude and either negative thoughts or happenings pop up. My understanding of why it happens is that I
Old 23-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Master
pebble, may I make a suggestion? Instead of seeing it as a 'battle' it might help to see it as an opportunity. An opportunity to learn something and to grow. Our choice of words really does affect how we approach life and all the challenges/opportunities it presents.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Closed Thread