Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-02-2012, 12:23 AM
White Rabbit Australia

Hi - yes the Dragon Tarot is very pretty.
Old 22-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have the Halloween Tarot deck and I have been told by some I pull them out for they are rather dark in nature as Imps look like Devils. I find it whimsical and fun in nature playful like I am. BUT to some they are dark. At times it in the perception one has on what is art on the decks. It does not have any refection on the reading one will get as long as the reader of them is working from that place of possitives and light.

Its like an Oracle Deck I have Goddesses,Gods and Angels ....some of the ladies on the images are nudie and to some that is graphic on the sexual side and seen as wrong and dirty. To me the body in any shape or form is a thing of beauty.

Lynn
Old 22-02-2012, 08:19 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

I have the HalloweenTarot (as well).

It is one of my favorites and the one I used to teach my Daughter. I inherited it when she moved away.

However--the DragonTarot is more suited to my own personal nature and world view. I like to look at Bunnies and Rainbows--but tend to be more inclined to take the Bull by the horns and look the naked truth dead in the eye. The Dragon Tarot does not shy away from the shadow-side of life--or the shadow-side of human nature.

My paternal Grandmother use to have a very practical way of looking at things and boiling them down to the bottom line--one of her favorite sayings was, "Tell the truth and shame the Devil!". LOL

I feel it is better when we are able to see things as they are--instead of the way we would like them to be and that is probably why I have never had a problem Reading for myself.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
cleanheart82

Thanks for that information! i was just about to write a post about how my mainstream decks do not get to the "meat and potatoes" on the darker issues that come up durring my readings. when something dark does come up, i have to use more intuition, which is great for development, but some situations people wanna get down to the nitty gritty.

just recently i had been doing relationship readings for a friend and neither of us could make much sense as to what the cards were telling us, the just kept comming us with the high priestess and the devil. but then these cards suddenly made sense, we found out her lover got invoved with a succubus. I just couldn't understand what the dark feeling was, and although she is very intuitive, she didn't even have a dark feeling until the day she found out.

! will have to invest in a darker decking :)
clean heart
Old 10-01-2014, 03:47 AM
Dendrite

Dark Tarot Decks 2014

There is a very dark set of cards being developed by the Temple of THEM. One in particular called Mind War.

Of it they write:

"This is one of the cards from a planned 28 set of new archetypes for a Satanic Tarot called Tendril. The concept relates to an open denouncement of the Catholic Church and in fact entire Nazarene Empire’s hideous practice of pedophilia, a greatly secretive and hushed topic that is rarely discussed or depicted in media, and treats its victims in cruel disregard often refusing to acknowledge their intense suffering and pain. Other concepts displayed here are the stack of thousands of books kept back from History by powers such as the Vatican in an attempt to control the perception we have as a collective of history and the events that shaped it (Qv. “Black Time/White Time” as spoken of in Holochrist). The three abrahamic religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity are represented as three books melded into one monotheist doctrine that has dominated the minds and hearts of millions across vast periods of time and space, with various cultural icons depicted on the left, and in equal measure, millions of victims of Christian thought are depicted on the right staked and tortured on hills that stretch far off into the horizon – though even this number is a conservative analogy. The AU, or alchemical symbol for Gold on the glass sphere indicates the highest principles of Abrahamism and its three religions, and the idea that no matter what you do for God you will be forgiven – the gold standard of all abrahamic religions that allows them to act like inhuman monsters only to give a weak apology at the end."
Old 23-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Darkness/Lightness are not in the cards but in the reader !

This is it. Just like any other application of spiritual experience, it is a tool that tailor's itself to the user.
Old 23-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Ascender
A suggestion to the original post, are you able to mix decks? Perhaps your light deck mixed with the dark deck would provide a better result. I don't have a lot of experience with tarot, but it might be possible to split the cards evenly. Good journeys and stay safe :)
Old 04-02-2014, 04:20 PM
xyphax42

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit Australia
Hello,
I've been using Tarot for quite a long time (12 years), mostly the rider waite and thoth decks but also have sets of darker decks from LHP groups and such -
I was curious if anyone else used/preferred darker decks?

I find them, on the whole, to be more efficacious and brutally honest, not pulling any punches on the messages they deliver - whereas Rider Waite and other mainstream tarot don't see to have enough darkness to essentially balance the light. I think what works for me is that the shadow emphasizes the light?

Some of these decks are just too dark and don't provide that balance - but has anyone else used them and found the same or am I spooky and alone in this?

WR

The only darker decks I own are the Giger and the Deviant Moon (if you can call that dark, some do and some don't). I too find them to be brutally honest, which is what I need. I like what you said about having enough darkness to balance the light.

My boyfriend uses many decks, but one that he uses often is from an LHP group, and I find it to be very very honest and super accurate. I won't read with it myself, but I ask him to do readings for me with the deck and the readings usually come back amazingly profound.