Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Everything you have posted came from the mind, yours and the person who first thought of these teachings, no ?

What happens when you move beyond mind? Could it be that the teachings came from beings who have moved beyond what you call the mind?

Kinda like if you connect to a divine being you may be flooded with energy and silence but it is that feeling of connection of the energy that is dualistic. A true being, there is nothing to feel.

One is local mind, the other beyond local mind.

So the answer is the teachings came from beyond local mind.

Last edited by jonesboy : 18-09-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
What happens when you move beyond mind? Could it be that the teachings came from beings who have moved beyond what you call the mind?

Kinda like if you connect to a divine being you may be flooded with energy and silence but it is that feeling of connection of the energy that is dualistic. A true being, there is nothing to feel.

One is local mind, the other beyond local mind.

So the answer is the teachings came from beyond local mind.

So you think the teachings come from beyond the local mind...
Isn't ' Pure Awareness ' beyond the local mind?
Pure awareness is a state of ' No mind ' so there are no thoughts, no emotions, no fixation on anything etc: so I cannot see how teachings can come from there, can you?

We are back to the same question.... If everything doesn't come from the mind where do teachings come from ????.

'Divine beings flooding you with energy'.....don't think so, it's all in your mind, lol...
Old 18-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Pure awareness is a state of ' No mind ' so there are no thoughts, no emotions, no fixation on anything etc: so I cannot see how teachings can come from there, can you?

We are back to the same question.... If everything doesn't come from the mind where do teachings come from ????.

'Divine beings flooding you with energy'.....don't think so, it's all in your mind, lol...

Are you sure that is the definition of no mind or being beyond local mind?

That you have no thoughts, so speaking would be difficult now wouldn't it? Not sure how the Buddha would be able to teach if that was true. Or do you think the Buddha didn't achieve pure awareness or that he did but when he talked it went away?

As far as divine beings.. I have showed you threads where people have talked about it after working with me or my friends.

They are real and accessible to all. I have even offered to help you experience it.. You know all this.

Instead you decide it is a joke and dismiss it instead of investigating to see if the world is a little bit more amazing than what you think it is.
Old 18-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Suspended
Quote:

He's always promoting his kundalini energy sale. Never ever need to try!
Old 18-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Master
You are energy.

You either realize it or you don't.

All the traditions from Buddhism, Hinduism and Daoism say the same thing.
Old 18-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Suspended
Quote:
You are energy.

Processes are different. Practices are different. Gods behind it are different. The results are different. The sufferings are different. The benefits are different. The qualities are different. The aims behind are different. So what's the same? It's only the title "ENERGY" this word the same?
Old 18-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
You are energy.

I seriously doubt that (All traditions...say the same thing.)

Old 18-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I seriously doubt that (All traditions...say the same thing.)

It is all pretty similar when it comes to energy. Now some of the end points may differ.

Would you care for some references/ quotes?
Old 18-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
It is all pretty similar when it comes to energy. Now some of the end points may differ.

Would you care for some references/ quotes?

Sure, lay 'em on me - (hopefully not too lengthy).

Getting a handle on them and being able to explain them in 'western' terms would help a whole lot.

Old 19-09-2017, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Are you sure that is the definition of no mind or being beyond local mind?

That you have no thoughts, so speaking would be difficult now wouldn't it? Not sure how the Buddha would be able to teach if that was true. Or do you think the Buddha didn't achieve pure awareness or that he did but when he talked it went away?

As far as divine beings.. I have showed you threads where people have talked about it after working with me or my friends.

They are real and accessible to all. I have even offered to help you experience it.. You know all this.

Instead you decide it is a joke and dismiss it instead of investigating to see if the world is a little bit more amazing than what you think it is.

So you think that pure awareness, no mind, awakening/enlightenment are the same, I don't, I see them as being different...

You cannot help me experience anything regarding divine beings, they played a part in my life as a child but not now, I grew out of those beliefs. Each to their own, if you need them then use them....

Life is amazing and when you see it as a string of events strung together, forever changing and adapting.... who needs yidams