Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 19-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Knower
What if you REALLY want something but have doubts?

I always had this big dream I always wanted, secretly wanted for several years. Yes, I admit I am fearful of going forward but, I have doubts, like right now, honestly the biggest thing that is in my way is: Money.

I would LOVE to go into creative writing and animation. I also feel I am not living in the right place (I'm in Virginia, and I always feel pulled to go to California..) I just love animation and cartoons. I just would love to do script writing for cartoons, maybe do voice overs and things like that.

Maybe that's why my dad is so strong in his words about me keeping drawings and fan fics I wrote, even though I hate them and I am ashamed. I had the realization the other day, "What if I am meant to keep them? What if they are my ticket to a door i want to get through?"

I always feel like it's too late. I'm in my early 30s, I feel like it's too late for anything.

So with law of attraction vs. dreams, even if you feel money is the problem, can your dream still come true for you or it won't? I know I might be sending mixed signals to the universe but I guess the universe will work on the details, and I just focus on what I want, the feeling of having it, and everything right? I will admit, I am one of those people that likes to know EVERYTHING that is going on, how it will happen, etc and what not. Right now my mind is saying "I don't have the money to go to an art/creative writing school", etc "I will be away from family and friends", etc.

I just am inspired by cartoons so yeah :/ Just one of those secret dreams of mine.

I guess am I telling the universe, "I would love to go into animation and creative writing, BUT.....how..when, will, what, etc". is resisting I guess?

I do not want a typical 9-5 hour retain job! I WANT TO CREATE SOMETHING.
Old 19-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Experiencer
Yes! yes! Go for your dreams! When you are aligned with the Universe, money becomes no issue, for your dreams will then become creative reality. I have written a full 175 paged fantasy novel, a similar short story, and numerous poems. Go for it! It's never to late to do what you love.
For if not Now, when?
Old 20-08-2016, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarisun
I always had this big dream I always wanted, secretly wanted for several years. Yes, I admit I am fearful of going forward but, I have doubts, like right now, honestly the biggest thing that is in my way is: Money.

I would LOVE to go into creative writing and animation. I also feel I am not living in the right place (I'm in Virginia, and I always feel pulled to go to California..) I just love animation and cartoons. I just would love to do script writing for cartoons, maybe do voice overs and things like that.

Maybe that's why my dad is so strong in his words about me keeping drawings and fan fics I wrote, even though I hate them and I am ashamed. I had the realization the other day, "What if I am meant to keep them? What if they are my ticket to a door i want to get through?"

I always feel like it's too late. I'm in my early 30s, I feel like it's too late for anything.

So with law of attraction vs. dreams, even if you feel money is the problem, can your dream still come true for you or it won't? I know I might be sending mixed signals to the universe but I guess the universe will work on the details, and I just focus on what I want, the feeling of having it, and everything right? I will admit, I am one of those people that likes to know EVERYTHING that is going on, how it will happen, etc and what not. Right now my mind is saying "I don't have the money to go to an art/creative writing school", etc "I will be away from family and friends", etc.

I just am inspired by cartoons so yeah :/ Just one of those secret dreams of mine.

I guess am I telling the universe, "I would love to go into animation and creative writing, BUT.....how..when, will, what, etc". is resisting I guess?

I do not want a typical 9-5 hour retain job! I WANT TO CREATE SOMETHING.
I'm in the same boat as you mentally about self doubt. I'm from Wisconsin and there is nothing for me here, I too have always wanted to be author and illustrator for books and one day have a animated series based on my book series. I just don't think I can achieve such things at the moment. I have thought about when I get my life in order considering going to California but fear a Wisconsin girl won't fit in with the scene. I say keep on working on your creative writing and keep working at it. I believe everything will fall into place for you. I wish you success.
Old 20-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Guide
Jumping is the hardest part, things always work out :) And it's never too late to do anything, especially follow your dreams! You got this! Just tell yourself money is coming to you, you deserve abundance and the Universe has abundance to share with those who want it :) Have you noticed any signs?
Old 21-08-2016, 05:39 AM
Deactivated Account

I don't think the biggest thing in your way is lack of money, the biggest thing is self-doubt and procrastination. Because you don't need money to write or to do art. You have a computer, so you can just start writing, and download GIMP or another art program for free and make art, and go from there. Make a blog and a portfolio online, advertise your work, etc. Just do what you love doing and everything else will fall into place.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Lorelyen

Don't hate the work you've done to date. If there's room to improve it'll provide a comparison at least. Besides you should never ditch previous discarded work. You never know when an idea might blossom based on something you did in the past.

It'll take courage and a preparedness for hard work. Any contacts you can find are good. Get your portfolio ready in a form in which you can send it**, like as a zip file or something. Then be ready to take on any commission or assignment that's within range of your skills.

It isn't too late. I went freelance in my mid-20s but able to take advantage of a few contacts from earlier. It's been hard; it can be disheartening. You have to be ready for criticism, good and bad and the occasional rejection which is all part of it (unfortunately). So be ready with any other talents you have. You may need them to get by. Even stacking shelves in a supermarket pulls in money during difficult times.

This is one way LOA can work along with continued affirmation. You have to be single-minded; refuse to accept doubt. Just look to the future and visualise yourself in situ, successful.

I'm sure it won't take luck but all the same, best of luck.

** you'll need to consider how you can copyright your stuff. There are plagiarists out there. Whenever I finish a score or file I send a copy to myself special delivery, date/timestamped on the envelope flap. There are also professional copyright protection outfits once you get a contract.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

... I send a copy to myself special delivery, date/timestamped on the envelope flap.
Not many people know this 'trick' about protecting their work!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Master
I can relate to all that.

I'm trying to help my son get over a rut he's in right now. He has great aspirations but his confidence took a hit. And I have my own aspirations but I work all the time and to be honest, some of my jobs really exhaust me and my mind just goes to mush when I'm home. I would like money so that I can pay off all my school debt (a debt to nowhere since I had to withdraw to take care of my mom)...I am not going to follow that path I was pursuing because my true calling screams at me. ...and I know I have to follow it but I'm afraid and fear is so ridiculous...

Anyway, so I ordered another audio book so I could listen in my car and would play for my son because I had another and I was playing it in the car with him and one day he told me he really, really enjoyed that book I was listening to. (bingo! a way to reach my son without it coming from me lol). I usually take him out to dinner or somewhere and we just talk about things. I cannot and will not go to his room and nag at him or anything like that but sometimes I say to him doing nothing gets you nothing/nowhere...especially since he aspires to be a doctor....

So I got Steve Harvey's Act like a Success, Think Like a Success (or the other way around, I forget)...but wow, it was something "I" needed to hear myself! It sounds like something that might benefit you to read or listen to as well. You (or any of us, no matter our ages) are never too old to be what we desire or make the most of our gifts. Check out his book. :-)
Old 23-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
So, I got Steve Harvey's 'Act like a Success, Think Like a Success'
You (or any of us, no matter our ages) are never too old to be what we desire or make the most of our gifts.
Exactly..haha, when I thought to myself...'Gee, my credit card balance is kinda gettin' up there..." LOL...

I laughed and used it more with complete abandon...
within, what, 2 weeks....a friend gave me $thousands to pay off
all credit cards...did I ask her, nope...She asked me if I wanted anything.
Ahh, yeah...and she wrote me a ck for $2000 more
than I told her.

Did I act as if, "Oooo, I better be careful...stop using it, ooo, scary...."
No, I acted as if I had all the $$ in the world and smiled.
Did I have ANY idea how this all would be changed or taken care of...
Absolutely not...it is not my job to
figure these things out. Whew...Give Him your burdens...
it's a Formula.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Master
Wow! Miss H...Wow!...and dang!