Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 03-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Pathfinder

Maintaining the 3D responsibilities whilst awakening

Hello

I am awakening and really struggling to have the desire to maintain my responsibilities to my family, my work and and all the other domestic stuff that has to be done.

My work has especially suffered. I feel no desire to do any work, which is of course impacting me financially. I just do as little as I can to get by, which is no good for a business owner. I start working and I just get distracted. I am thinking I must have another calling now - particularly because I am on a TF path too - so there must be something different I am supposed to do. I did get a little sign the other day, but not enough to know what to pursue. I saw some poor looking kids on the side of the road, who looked neglected, wearing winter pj's in the heat of summer with some compromised looking adult with them. I had in my head. Those poor kids. I then look up to see a sign saying 'kids' and then the word 'mission' flashed into my head.

I feel so overwhelmed and so taken by what else is going on that I find it hard to focus on the other. I find my children's demands also overwhelm me as I am already struggling. I get tired of all the little domestic stuff when something so much bigger is happening. Any advice appreciated. I feel like I am living a parallel existance and I feel unsettled.

Regards
Christine
Old 03-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Experiencer
Hi Christine,

I can empathise with you and appreciate what you're saying.

Is this the start of your awakening?

It can be extremely tiring so it is really important to listen to your body. Yes, it is not as easy as dropping everything if you have a family to support, but a happy-medium needs to be found.

Really listen to your body and relax as often as you can. Drink plenty of water and eat high vibration foods like vegetables, fruits etc.

My advice would be to not 'soul search' and look for callings - they will come exactly when they are supposed to. The searching is the ego, not your true essence.

Similarly, the distraction is the ego - it is realising it is losing a layer of its skin, so is clinging on. Surrender to this and let go. Allow yourself to feel low if you need to, but do understand the difference between a few bad days to making an excuse to be in a permanent bad mood.

Surrender, let go and almost be the witness to what is happening to you, as it is all for the greater good.

I am on my awakening and it has been horrific at times. Many people think it is life where we playfully skip through the flowers and dance with the rabbits, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Your old identity - the old Christine - is dying, allowing who you really are - your highest self - to be reborn if you will.

I knew my job wasn't my purpose; I wasn't enjoying it the more I woke, it was a daily grind and I disliked it more and more. Only a couple of months ago my intuition was screaming at me telling me I either walk or I am getting fired - I knew it.

I had to go for a meeting at the Head Office and during the whole 3hr drive my gut was screaming at me ''Leave, leave, just leave!!! this isn't for you, something else will come, you need some downtime''.

The next day I received a call from my employer firing me. It is all perfect and has made complete sense right now as I have a whole host of stuff on my plate to deal with, which I won't go into, but the downtime was urgently needed.

Being in touch with my higher self and the Universe, I know I am being directed exactly where I need to be, and you are exactly the same, like everyone.

Keep meditating, keep resting, listen to your body and surrender.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Suspended
Maintaining the 3D responsibilities whilst awakening

Well what i do sometimes is i just be like the zen guys an be like... this is it, when i work i just work and really have the experience of working, you can get into a meditative state with it.

There have also been times were i was working in a meditative/trance state and i thought it had only been like two hours or something but really it had been five.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Lorelyen

There's an omnipresent danger of dropping out when something big happens in the way of spirituality so give your residual judgement plenty of space to keep you in touch with "real life" - what you call 3D... you might as well because if you're going to survive you'll always have your physical existence in 3D no matter what airy regions your spiritual adventuring soars to.

It may seem to slow you down but is that a bad thing? It lets you consolidate your position with your family, job, the lot, as you go. In a way it's letting the spiritual dust settle as you start to discover things about yourself in relation to the cosmos, once you've broken out of social conditioning.

Spiritual development is a lifetime's work - literally - a sometimes slow, arduous path taking a lot of work, othertimes rapid. But you will find it possible to integrate what's happening with family, children and domestic life and you'll eventually find that relationship enriched.

Just give it a little time. Rather than you (as a being) changing into someone different, you're expanding, consolidating your experiences and flow so far with newfound thinking and being.

Good luck!
Old 03-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks everyone for your lovely and supportive comments. I very much appreciate it. It is true that there is this view of awakening as being some peaceful transitional state - but that has not been my experience. I also agree that its like you need to just surrender to it to manage it. I do wonder though how long this will go on for..Lorelyen I do agree that this may very well be a lifetime progression now and ultimately it will enrich my relationships with others.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Master
Hi, I really liked the question and I identify a lot with the challenges.

I also appreciated the very qualified answers, so thanks all, I too enjoyed them.

Two major things have happened with how I deal with things;

Firstly I've realized that my children are really spoiled. In both senses of the word. They are spoiled in the way that they are used to me taking care of their needs almost instantly. And they are spoiled - as in ruined, but not beyond repair :) - by me for their own spiritual path, in that by caring for their every need I've kept them very solidly dependent on the material.

This really needed to change. Both for my sanity, balance and growth, but also for their sanity, balance and growth. Mundane life (3D) is a huge gift, it needs to be taught and lived thoroughly, with all the ardous work and trifles.

Secondly, in my actual awakening; the moment when I felt very clearly what I was and what my mission was, I remembered that life - material life - is absolutely central to all of existance. What we do here in 3D, all of it, generates healing. Healing for us and our planet - but more importantly for the rest of the universe. Earth is like a healing generator, living here is like tampling the pedals for the generator. All of it. The bore, the fear, the stumbles and falls, the conflicts, the worry - all of the things we try and rid ourselves of while awakening, are ALSO generating healing.

Some things generate more healing though, so going with the flow and with others in companionship is of higher vibration and quality, but the important message that has helped me SO much is that...

... all of life is integrated in the process of enlightenment...

...there is no dirty laundry too mundane to contribute with immersurable value, there is no grumpy neighbor negative enough not to generate life and love, there is no traffic jam meaningless enough to put the Universe and its generating of healing and love to a stall - we are ALL creating marvel, whether we know it or not.

This allows me to integrate all of the elements of my life into my enlightenment.

When I'm cleaning (I'm moving homes since a month) - I am also opening up and doing spiritual / healing work, when I deal with a conflict between the kids, I am also allowing them to find their path. It is ever present. When I'm stuck with delayed trains on my way to an appointment I cannot miss, I open up and do a healing session for every stressed and sleeping soul on the platform. (And the awakended ones two :))

Perhaps, I can inspire a little. The path is long, and if we are lucky so is life. Just know that your contribution is invaluable to the other dimensions, you live - you give, it's that simple.

I love this tarot card from Shadowshape, it visualizes the message so well I think (The Empress):

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 03-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Pathfinder

Hello Realm Ki..thank you so much for your beautiful response. So much resonated and some of it I needed to be reminded of. I have been thinking tonight I am giving too much too my kids and not enabling them to grow as people by doing some things themselves. On some level I know what I do contributes to something much bigger, but thank you for the reminder. I will reflect more on how it all integrates and fits into the bigger picture. Thank you and the Tarot Card is lovely. x