Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Pathfinder

Question Losing ability to visualize when meditating? :(

I've always been able to visualize so meditation has never been a problem. I'm also quite the daydreamer (I'm a creative writer). I've been meditating a lot like every night which was nothing new but since two nights ago I'm suddenly unable to visualize as well. Things are grainy or go black! I'm panicking before because everything was so real (all the senses involved). Will I lose the ability to meditate? As a side note I have been have random lucidity in dreams (dreamwalking) which I was never able to do before. I'm really confused.
What have we found?
The same old fears,
Wish you were here."
-Pink Floyd "wish you were here"
Old 07-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Master
Well technically a great many meditators actually don't see things, they can't stop their thinking long enough for their third eye to engage.
So a shot in the dark at your current issue would be that your third eye is becoming less active - use stones or other things to activate it.

However you then say that lucid dreaming is on the uprise, which is really interesting because I would assume it's connected with the third eye also. So my next shot in the dark is that you are evolving and using your awareness in new ways, and they might merge into being able into you being able to consciously OBE after you've explored astral travel.

Lucid dreaming and astral travel (I actually think they are two words for the same thing) use the astral body. Conscious Projection or O.B.E (out of body experience) uses the etheric body.

Astral travelers would say it's the ultimate from of going out of body, having done it a few times I gotta admit it's pretty fantastic. However Conscious projection is preferable to me because I can do it when I want, and not have to wait for the randomness of astal projection and the random results of where I'll be going.
Conscious travel on the other hand you can travel anywhere you can tune your frequency (auric field) to. You get to CHOOSE the destination! Weeee!

So my suggestion to you is continue meditating, use methods for keeping the third eye active and RELAX, assume you are Evolving - not Devolving. Fear is the big stopper of everything cool. So have no worry - Trust that you are entering a new phase of realizing what you really are and getting to explore that. Be in gratitude for the Journey.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:24 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you so much for your advice and assurance! :) I don't know but perhaps both of your guesses are correct. I thought maybe a block in my third eye? I think maybe my chakras need a clean which I have neglected to do. I hope my third eye is not becoming less active although maybe it will shut off my clairsentience. I will certainly calm myself tonight and give it another go.
What have we found?
The same old fears,
Wish you were here."
-Pink Floyd "wish you were here"
Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Newbie ;)

I like your quote this is awesome!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Newbie ;)

so, you're becoming less imaginative and more realistic/present?

you're actually learning to meditate properly.
Old 15-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Guide
In meditation you are advised to stop visualise. You try to attain those points with awarenes of those points exist there.

This will help you.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
So my next shot in the dark is that you are evolving and using your awareness in new ways

I completely agree! I think some times we forget that our spiritual journeys are OUR spiritual journeys, which means that it is very personal and different for each one of us.

Changes have to be welcome. Fear of change is awful. Every meditation session is going to have its little differences, I guess.