Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 26-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Knower

"The Five Tibetans"

Has anyone here had experience with these rites? Supposedly they have a number of benefits but I would be interested in hearing of peoples experiences before I try them myself.

Peace.
Old 27-05-2011, 05:50 AM
unus supra

That is the first set of yoga poses that i learned and to this day serves as the begining of my yoga routine. Plus the sixth Tibetan.
The first time i did it, i had not had any spiritual experiences at all. i wanted a yogic discipline well just cause i like torturing myself hahah.

ne ways, as soon as i completed the routine and stood up, my third eye started thumping like mad and a big purple splotch covered some of my field of vision. that was my first experience with my third eye.

it only lasted a few minutes, but it was convincing. I turned and walked up the stairs of my basement and i swear, i was more balanced.

it has served me enormously well since then ie yesterday hahah jk,

but ya go for it.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
chakragal

I was just looking last night on Amazon and reading the reviews on this book: The Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power by Christopher S. Kilham.
I then came across this: http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm which actually shows the exercises.

I was contemplating getting the Peter Kelder book Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth, but what I really want is just the exercises, as I know they stimulate the chakras. I already have a knowledge of the chakras, so for me, I don't need the explanation (I have several books on chakras already), but the site gives a basic explanation of the idea of chakras without explaining each one. I just made my own individual yoga program for the chakras where I do 7 poses, and two of them are in the Five Tibetans it turns out. But I may just do the Five Tibetans as they seem to be proven.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Master
Thanks much for the link! This is new to me. I think i will give it a try!
It kind of supports my theory that yoga is the only exercise and the best exercise we need to do for overall health.
Blessings, James
Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 AM
chakragal

Glad to do so! I only just discovered it myself! I already have multiple paid books (both e-books and print) on topics of yoga, chakras, and crystals. So it's nice to catch a break. I'm going to go at my own pace. I go to a 75 minute class once a week, and am doing a little at home daily, wanting to incorporate chakras into it. Basically though, pretty much the poses in my formal yoga classes address the chakras by default.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:14 AM
Newbie ;)

tibetan rites

I love the rites! The original unedited The Eye of Revelaton by Peter Kelder is excellent. The book Your Hands Can Heal You has some modified rites that are a lot safer for your back. You can really get injured if you dont know the precautions and even then..... we all have problem areas.

When you do the leg lifs your lower back should be pushed flat onto the ground. I also do not lift my head in the same way Peter recommends. I do 1/2 modified and 1/2 original on a few of them. I do not do the breathing that is presented in the newer book. Lots of options....

I find the rites to be amazing, I always get a boost of energy after doing them. I just do them every few days because I have other yoga routines i do. Try flexing your abs and mid-body a little during the crunch and then relaxing there when expanding-this floods the area with prana and life-force! You can actually do this tension and relaxion exercise with many yogic postures, with stupendous results. Paramahansa Yogananda original taught this in his yogoda exercises and it needs to be integrated more into mind/body/spirit disciplines :)