Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-03-2017, 02:45 AM
Knower
Visualize Success if You Want to Fail!

I just had to post this here. Now it makes me wonder if visualizing actually striving to for instance to go college and study hard would work to attain ones goals would work better.

Visualize Success if You Want to Fail
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi.../#329711b23604
Old 24-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Experiencer

I don't have the time to check out the link at the moment, so I'm commenting without any insight into the 'other side of the debate'.

However, I'd suggest that visualising helps you achieve your goals. We're here, in part, to learn how to manifest our perfect world. We have free will, and are able to use it to create our destiny.

When you imagine something, you send that energy out into the world. This energy is directed towards altering the world into the shape that you imagine.

I could probably give some examples of this, links and otherwise, but .. to be honest, they border on being too 'extreme' to be believed; and would likely detract from my words here.
Old 24-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Knower
So basically Forbes talks about a study that was done which shows that when you visualize having your end goal that you loose desire to attain that goal then you don't actually do it.

So one group visualized their to do list while the other didn't. And the ones that visualized accomplished less on their list.

Even on the most basic measures visualization decreased desire to attain their goals. So here they took two groups of people that were thirsty. One visualized having some water while the other group didn't. As it turned out the group that visualized didn't go for the water as quick as the group that didn't visualize.
Old 24-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I don't have the time to check out the link at the moment, so I'm commenting without any insight into the 'other side of the debate'.

However, I'd suggest that visualising helps you achieve your goals. We're here, in part, to learn how to manifest our perfect world. We have free will, and are able to use it to create our destiny.
Agreed. Of course the corollary would be if you visualise failure (pertinent to your aim) you'd be successful. I don't think so.

Quote:
When you imagine something, you send that energy out into the world. This energy is directed towards altering the world into the shape that you imagine.
Also agree.

Like you I haven't time to watch these videos even if they allowed me which this one won't. I'm unlikely just to believe what they have to say without considering the proposition. Traditionally in every field of magick that I've encountered that proposition would be false.

Old 24-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Knower
You's want to spend time visualizing but you don't want to take 5 minutes to look at a study which questions the very foundation of your time spent visualizing. Makes no sense to me.

In looking at this study I think the take home message is not that visualization doesn't work totally but that we need to spend our time visualizing differently. Proceed at your own risk though.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Lorelyen

No. I spend time visualsing - no "want to" about it. It's efficaceous. It would take a huge amount to undermine such a foundation. A painter visualises, a composer inwardly hears (the equivalent), a magician visualises.

However, I did give it a go but it stalled as I have an ad-blocker. It didn't like that.

Old 24-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
A painter visualises, a composer inwardly hears (the equivalent), a magician visualises.

These are very different than what the study studied. The study looked at everyday to do tasks. You should read the study before commenting further.
Old 25-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Lorelyen

Ok. If you can give a link to where I CAN read it, I will.

I decline to change my computer software so I have to be distracted by a load of irrelevant, annoying, flashy, animated ads.

Thanks.

Edit - that site is dangerous. After a couple of tries it GOT INTO MY COMPUTER AND TURNED OFF MY AD-BLOCKER. That's a warning to anyone.
How it got through my firewall to do that I do not know but I am going to ask M/S. Cookies are one thing - altering one's computer settings is
very different.
Old 25-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Experiencer
Ok, I hear you. The study isn't at all described in details to say more about it. But I'll tell you my opinion and experience. If your intentions are pure but you focus and goals as desires, as parts of ego, then it'll fail. If you focus on living being who has big ego, the energy will reflect back to you and it'll fail. Ok, see, everything will turn out just the way it should. If we don't get something, it wasn't supposed to be ours anyway. It's always easier and more natural to just let go and go with the flow or follow signs and see where that takes you. Your wants are not your needs. By the way, hard work will definitely get you to and through college, much rather than spending that valuable mental energy on visualisations. It'll all work out subconsciously anyway if it is not done through your higher self.
Old 25-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Master
You have to visualise in order to formulate a goal.