Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Deactivated Account
I'll allow you the last word...

That is a pretty hilarious statement, the more I re-read it! A great Internet meme. Thank you, Jim, for deriving humor from it. I love you, my friend, and I thank you for the interactions we've had. Peace all.

In a spirit of humor and inspiration, perhaps this thread could be dedicated to funny quotes that, in a Zen-like manner, could be used to help "stun" the intellectual thought processes and assist in bringing about serene glimpses of "no-mind" or "Satori," which may also be called perceiving essence.

If anyone would like to have some fun with words and share some funny or interesting quotes or statements that could be used in a Zen-like way to stimulate a deeper sense of Oneness, please feel free to be as creative and humorous as you'd like.

Interestingly, when one says something like, "I'll allow you the last word" to their own chattering mind while in a mood of good humor, this actually stuns and slows down the "monkey mind" in a very potent way, making it easier to attune to silence and Oneness-consciousness. It can be a fun little exercise in itself.

Blessings.

P.S.
I'll allow you the last word.

Namaste.
Old 23-02-2017, 04:17 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness

In a spirit of humor and inspiration, perhaps this thread could be dedicated to funny quotes that, in a Zen-like manner, could be used to help "stun" the intellectual thought processes and assist in bringing about serene glimpses of "no-mind" or "Satori," which may also be called perceiving essence.

If anyone would like to have some fun with words and share some funny or interesting quotes or statements that could be used in a Zen-like way to stimulate a deeper sense of Oneness, please feel free to be as creative and humorous as you'd like.

Namaste.

This is a beautiful intention, awareness. I am weary today from a hard day's work but will return to this thread again.

It is a challenge also to wonder which words can "stun" the intellectual or thought processes on a forum nonetheless indeed! I think this is why Zen masters use koan practice, but that is a systematic method of Zen practice, and only really useful under a realized Zen master.

What I have learnt and benefited from most strongly is connecting with people of a higher consciousness - for some reason I intrinsically connect and peace & joy arise most naturally. This was how it was for me in real life too with an esteemed guide. It is a beautiful thing.

shiningstars
Old 23-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
This is a beautiful intention, awareness. I am weary today from a hard day's work but will return to this thread again.

It is a challenge also to wonder which words can "stun" the intellectual or thought processes on a forum nonetheless indeed! I think this is why Zen masters use koan practice, but that is a systematic method of Zen practice, and only really useful under a realized Zen master.

What I have learnt and benefited from most strongly is connecting with people of a higher consciousness - for some reason I intrinsically connect and peace & joy arise most naturally. This was how it was for me in real life too with an esteemed guide. It is a beautiful thing.

shiningstars

Hello shiningstars.

I appreciate you adding your loving intent to this thread as well, my friend. One can indeed accomplish this while sitting in front of a computer, even easier than with a "Zen master" if one were of a high degree of self-confidence in themselves and had a pure intent. . .and it is not the words themselves that are the magic in this, but one's intent in using them.

A so-called "Zen master" is simply a touchstone, a demonstrator of a system that has had its success due to the beliefs of those who have built and trusted this system over many centuries, who have added their energies to this system, a system that has largely rejected women as well as outsiders of their country and ethnicity. There is MUCH yet to be learned and mastered for most of these self-proclaimed "masters."

This is not to refute the great honor and growth that can be experienced through connecting with such teachers of the Zen Buddhist tradition (the essential Zen tradition actually far predating the formation of Buddhism, even predating Hinduism by tens of thousands of years), or any tradition, just as you have benefitted wonderfully from connecting with various teachers. Yet, for them, you yourself are a very evolved teacher, a demonstrator of love, that has equally helped them expand their consciousness, for it was never a one-way road of learning. You have this wonderful effect upon me, upon this grouping calling itself "awareness."

A highly-evolved soul, reincarnation-wise, who has experienced much of these spiritual traditions in "previous" incarnations, may, for example, have a current Earth incarnation in which he or she very naturally perceives unity-consciousness and the True Divine Nature of things, without creating a "need" for consulting a "sage" or "master" or "expert" of any kind in which to study under. In fact, no one ever really studies "under" the tutelage of another person, humans actually study "under" the tutelage of their indwelling spirit, the "Higher Self," not under another flesh-and-bones human being.

The "realized Zen master" is acting under the guidance and tutoring of higher intelligence, to the degree that he or she is attuned to their indwelling spirit, in conjunction with the Higher Self of the "student." Yet the cosmic joke here is that the "realized Zen master" IS NOT "fully realized," for no entity is "fully realized," being that all entities--all beings--are still growing as far as time is concerned. Jesus and Siddhartha too were/are not exempt from this cosmic rule. Another aspect of this "cosmic joke" is that the "realized master" is EQUALLY a student of its "students" as well, for students are also teachers, for teaching is simply demonstrating, and all beings are demonstrators of their unique expressions of self.

Shiningstars, believe it or not, you too are an "esteemed guide" for many, a powerful demonstrator of karuna. Well, your Divine Inner Being trusts that you are. I do too.
Old 23-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Deactivated Account
try these.....www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZJuAtKOQI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gKwJerKlMI
Old 23-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account
With a pure intent, an intention that is free from desperately hoping for any kind of specific results, anyone in this forum could--without a "Zen master" or any other person acting as a guide, with just surrendering into the eternalness of consciousness--effectively and successfully allow themselves to momentarily shift their awareness into a clear witnessing of Essence.

That said, being assisted by an expression of Essence who appears in the form of a human who offers direct assistance in this (such as Mooji or Tony Parsons, etc.) is of course perfectly valid, too, for a number of persons in this community and in other communities, such as YouTube, generously offer wonderful assistance.

Thank you, Jim, for offering those very wonderful Mooji clips, who I have very much enjoyed for a number of years, as well thanks for the others you've recommended. By the way, I actually resonate largely with what Tony Parsons offers, and I support his sharing spirit. He does have a very powerful way of assisting people in waking up to realizations that await within us to be seen.

You have great passion for sharing these teachers with us, and I admire your directness.

You have my love and support, and I dig your strong sense of humor too. Your presence in this Non-duality forum and in this website really stands out as quite remarkable. I perceive your very loving intentions. I really mean this, brother.

Namaste.
Old 23-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich

Thanks Jim
I enjoy Mooji, have done for quite a while, I sometimes watch Mooji TV.
His inner light shines bright....
Old 23-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Check out these funny ones......www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMHcak07pmE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-LuJ-a-Ok
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqOwPteS_Xg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=faGa7G1oXQE

Many pages could be filled with these FUNNNNYYY videos that cover such a deadly serious and intense subject!
Old 24-02-2017, 04:19 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

awareness

Old 24-02-2017, 04:38 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

“Only the hand that erases can write the true thing.”
― Meister Eckhart
Old 24-02-2017, 04:39 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

“Not till your thoughts cease all their branching here and there, not till you abandon all thoughts of seeking for something, not till your mind is motionless as wood or stone, will you be on the right road to the Gate.”
― Huang Po, The Zen Teaching of Huang Po: On the Transmission of Mind