Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

There is a natural progression which states that first comes faith. This is sufficient for the beginner. Next is knowledge. After a time we accumulate this and it will naturally replace faith. We now know things for sure. Lastly is wisdom which is the child of knowledge, born of experience. It is safe to assume that an older person has their own wisdom. It is, after all, hard to avoid.

Sister your reasons are pure of intent. Would you like a reading? I do them occasionally. I always use a PM for this. They are private. If you do then please say nothing about yourself. The less I know the better. I seldom offer these. The way it works is this: I am James. I make a conscious connection with my soul, Bartholomew, who then finds your soul and makes the needed connection to your physical form. You see? The two souls are in full knowledge beforehand. If there were any ill intent they would see it and refuse the connection. Again I do not want to know anything about you. In the reading I examine your chakras and aura using my palm chakras. Then I write a narrative which describes what I felt. That is all. Please think carefully first.

Thanks bartholomew and James. If your intent is pure and all actions for this reading are, and will, be borne solely of, and within, Love and Kindness, I would be honored to hear your observations. As I do not know much about this process, I would like the connection to end after this reading. Would you find this acceptable to, and therefore agree, bartholomew and James? Is this so?
Old 10-02-2017, 06:22 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
Thanks bartholomew and James. If your intent is pure and all actions for this reading are, and will, be borne solely of, and within, Love and Kindness, I would be honored to hear your observations. As I do not know much about this process, I would like the connection to end after this reading. Would you find this acceptable to, and therefore agree, bartholomew and James? Is this so?

Sure. The connections always end promptly. I only get them with permission which is a one time thing. It is understood. I understand your caution. If you would like a reading and it seems you would then please give me a few days. When the time is right for me I will do it and report to you. I will promise a response within a week.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Experiencer

[quote=bartholomew][color="DarkGreen"]
There is a natural progression which states that first comes faith. This is sufficient for the beginner. Next is knowledge. After a time we accumulate this and it will naturally replace faith. We now know things for sure. Lastly is wisdom which is the child of knowledge, born of experience. It is safe to assume that an older person has their own wisdom. It is, after all, hard to avoid.

* * Just getting it; how to be aware when things are written. And you've all written today. Barth . . I'm not clear where you're 'coming from'; perhaps it's just me, and I'm NOT of the belief faith is replaced by knowledge?!? I can't even imagine what you mean. To me faith is that things being exactly as they should be, things always work out, this higher power doesn't necessairly prevent things from happening, so we have faith not to worry, faith love is the most powerful energy there is, blabla blabla blabla. Wisdom is from experience, so how does that replace faith?!?

I'm quite certain you won't even reply and I won't be surprised. So I'm letting this go. I think something is a farse!
Old 10-02-2017, 10:30 PM
bartholomew

Wink

[quote=Joyce]
Quote:
[color="DarkGreen"]

* * Just getting it; how to be aware when things are written. And you've all written today. Barth . . I'm not clear where you're 'coming from'; perhaps it's just me, and I'm NOT of the belief faith is replaced by knowledge?!? I can't even imagine what you mean. To me faith is that things being exactly as they should be, things always work out, this higher power doesn't necessairly prevent things from happening, so we have faith not to worry, faith love is the most powerful energy there is, blabla blabla blabla. Wisdom is from experience, so how does that replace faith?!?

I'm quite certain you won't even reply and I won't be surprised. So I'm letting this go. I think something is a farse!

I understand what you mean. Think philosophically and it will become more clear. Some tenants of faith we retain all our lives. Many others are no longer necessary because we have learned. When I was in the first grade and in Sunday school I took on faith what I was told. I no longer need faith to believe there is a spiritual universe. I know from first hand experience that it is real. I know how to access it and do, quite frequently. Faith in this has become moot. So this is a case of sure knowledge replacing faith. But that is not enough. As we practice our new knowledge we gain experience. We learn what can be done and what cannot, and under what conditions. These qualifiers can be called wisdom. They are born of experience.

Throughout the above process which takes decades, some things are still taken on faith but their time will come.

I could, all the while, say that I have faith that everything will be OK. This is another sort of statement. Somewhat less pragmatic. It is very true too that we humans often fail to understand one another. Maybe this is the single greatest cause of trouble in the world. And language, any and all of them including mathematics, is inadequate. It always falls short.

If I were perfect I could have written my statement a little better I suppose. I have faith that someday I may actually do this. ha ha
Old 11-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Experiencer

[quote=bartholomew]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce

* * Uncertain how this will appear in a reply (as far as interjecting my reply between your quotes. Thank you for making the time to reply. Please don't get offended by what I write. You will certainly take this as you do. I'm going to try to be as nice as I feel at this time.

I understand what you mean. Think philosophically and it will become more clear. Some tenants of faith we retain all our lives. Many others are no longer necessary because we have learned. When I was in the first grade and in Sunday school I took on faith what I was told. I no longer need faith to believe there is a spiritual universe. I know from first hand experience that it is real. I know how to access it and do, quite frequently. Faith in this has become moot. So this is a case of sure knowledge replacing faith. But that is not enough. As we practice our new knowledge we gain experience. We learn what can be done and what cannot, and under what conditions. These qualifiers can be called wisdom. They are born of experience.

** Anyway, I don't wish to start an argument here or in private either. We are of very different mindsets. I certainly do not need to or want to think philosophy, which I'm sure your schooling has mainly been about. First off I feel your old faith was purely knowledge based. I'm sorry for you that you write that you no longer need faith to believe there is a spiritual universe. I absolutely hear your faith as being intellectual based with the "intellectual" belief the universe is unfathomable and you yourself know this first hand. Why say this?!? All of us here could say that.

You sound, to me (anyone else care to reply to this???) as if you believe you are talking down to me. I understand you do not know me and perhaps wish to sound all wise. Perhaps check your ego. As you can tell I am . . what? ****ed off? Either you have faith or not there is a power greater than you. I really have to wonder.

Throughout the above process which takes decades, some things are still taken on faith but their time will come.

* * Wow, you must be ancient!

I could, all the while, say that I have faith that everything will be OK. This is another sort of statement. Somewhat less pragmatic. It is very true too that we humans often fail to understand one another. Maybe this is the single greatest cause of trouble in the world. And language, any and all of them including mathematics, is inadequate. It always falls short. { Bart QUOTE]

If I were perfect I could have written my statement a little better I suppose. I have faith that someday I may actually do this. ha ha

Faith is either absolute or it is intellectually nothing. I mean well ~
Old 11-02-2017, 06:31 PM
bartholomew

[quote=Joyce]
Quote:

Faith is either absolute or it is intellectually nothing. I mean well ~

In a purely Newtonian universe I would agree but when moving in the realms of ideas though any absolute is difficult because our minds do not operate in such limited space. We easily and often go outside the familiar universe via our ability to think. In these realms there are no absolutes or they are so far away as to evade perception.

Which requires more intellect, to accept a thing on faith or to work towards sure knowledge of that which in consideration? Science does both all the time. Religion does not. Both are correct because people think differently.

It is just a question of language.... Not terribly important except to a philosopher.
Old 22-02-2017, 04:18 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Sure. The connections always end promptly. I only get them with permission which is a one time thing. It is understood. I understand your caution. If you would like a reading and it seems you would then please give me a few days. When the time is right for me I will do it and report to you. I will promise a response within a week.

Hi bartholomew, I am presuming no reading because no affirmation. That is fine to not do one for me, I just wanted to check
Old 22-02-2017, 04:18 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

Hi bartholomew, I am presuming no reading because no affirmation. That is fine to not do one for me, I just wanted to check
Old 22-02-2017, 05:09 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars

I doubt that a reading would tell you anything you do not already know in any case...
Old 22-02-2017, 05:13 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
I doubt that a reading would tell you anything you do not already know in any case...

Why do you say that, bartholomew?

Do you mean that I didn't originally ask in good faith? Or that was your own conclusion thereafter? Or...

shiningstars