Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Guide

Do you believe karma is real

Please tell me of any examples. I had a group of sick people bully and stalk me out of jealousy while I was pregnant...it caused me and my baby harm. I can't forgive or let it go...I've tried. The damage was done. This should never happen to anyone and I want justice. I believe the main person responsible is a psychopath and some of his followers are, too. I've had to forgive for a lot of things in my life...but I can not understand or forgive these people. I'm a good person and I was unfairly targeted by a group of sick individuals and I want justice.
Old 26-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Newbie ;)

I suppose it depends on the nature of the bad deeds acted against you. If these things that were done to you are criminal in nature and you have evidence and you feel that these are serious crimes, then I feel that you already know what must be done. On the other hand, if you can just get away from these people and sever ties, and be done with them, then maybe that is the best way to go. For every act there is a reaction, whether it be positive or negative. You must decide if it is worth pursuing, or just move on with your life.

If these people are making it impossible for you to proceed with life, then you must take counsel with the law if this in fact a criminal case.

Good luck
Old 26-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Master
Karma is as real as you are !

Old 26-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Master
the rules of karma are very real and strictly adhered to in the realm
of dualism, where everything is counterbalanced by it's opposite.
the thing for you to do Colorado, is to step back and let those
"negative energies" return to their source without your intervention.
for you to seek to be a cause of 'retribution energy' would only serve
to bring that energy back at you. forgiveness is a kindly energy
which will make it's way back to you when you find yourself in need
of it -- without fail -- via the immutable law of karma.
Old 26-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Master
Yes karma is real and if you choose to forgive you earn yourself positive karma that you might need one day. Karma is not just for the past or future life it is for this life also.
Old 26-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Master
I don't forgive, I just move on and forget about the person.

What you are doing, is allowing their hurtful past actions to continue to affect and hurt your present situation. The past is on them. The present is on you, you are the one causing your pain and frustration right now. Which is fine, that's your choice. But you can't toss out blame into the world when you're the one responsible. You either choose to quietly suffer, or you let it go.

If someone does something I find unacceptable, I write letters to the company, I phone the authorities, I contact the store manager, etc. depending on what happened. There are practical ways you can respond, it's not about nebulous karma questions as much as it is about you taking conscious responsibility, in whichever way you feel is appropriate.
Old 26-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Please tell me of any examples. I had a group of sick people bully and stalk me out of jealousy while I was pregnant...it caused me and my baby harm. I can't forgive or let it go...I've tried. The damage was done. This should never happen to anyone and I want justice. I believe the main person responsible is a psychopath and some of his followers are, too. I've had to forgive for a lot of things in my life...but I can not understand or forgive these people. I'm a good person and I was unfairly targeted by a group of sick individuals and I want justice.
Do you want justice or do you want revenge? think carefully....then you'll understand this whole situation.

I'm sorry to read of your experience. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 26-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Master
Ramana Maharshi has said that, "when the ego is destroyed through Self-Inquiry, there is neither the karta nor the threefold karma. The ever-present State of Liberation alone remains".

(Truth Revealed, translated from the Tamil Original of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi.)

That is my understanding as well.
Old 26-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Ramana Maharshi has said that, "when the ego is destroyed through Self-Inquiry, there is neither the karta nor the threefold karma. The ever-present State of Liberation alone remains".
Yes, that's an important observation. So many of these questions we ask are the wrong questions. Instead of asking if karma is real, we should be seeking answers to the higher inquiry: How do I transform my ego, to liberate myself from the wheel of karma? How do I transform my pain, and my ego-need for revenge, so that I don't create even more karma?
Old 26-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Master
If we are talking about Karma generally, I don't go any further than the laws of cause and effect as they relate to us in this lifetime.

If we had any 'carry over karma' from previous lives, what's the point if we don't remember our previous lives? It puts us at a rather distinct disadvantage, what?

If you are a negative person, you'll attract negative people and everything will be negative. If you are a positive person, the reverse applies.

I also believe in 'The Law Of Three' which never left me since my old Wicca days...

Whatever bad stuff you do, is gonna come back and bite you on the tail three times....and in momento of those days...

Blessed Be.