Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I agree that too much meat isn't healthy, but it's just another case of making a mountain out of a molehill. We humans are and WILL always be omnivores, nature designed us that way wether you like it or not. Humans have much shorter digestive systems than herbivores and don’t have the specialized organs to digest cellulose, the main fiber in plants. We've been eating meat for thousands of years, and blaming every new illness and health problems on eating meat makes no sense. Meat doesn’t raise your risk of cardiovascular disease or diabetes, the main reason for those false claims is that meat just happens to be high in saturated fat. And there are plenty of people who live 'healthy' as vegans but nonetheless catch some nasty illness or even get cancer anyway.

As I said, the consumption of meat has been happening since the dawn of civilisation so I have my doubts it will ever disappear. It's the same thing with smoking which is getting more and more boycotted while there are many people who will always keep smoking no matter under what circumstances. We simply won't accept any changes forcefully shoven down our throats by PETA hippies and grass eaters who think they can decide for us what we should and shouldn't eat.

What in the...??? Comparing those two things are just plain stupid... Kicking a dog downstairs for no reason is animal cruelty and not to mention, unnecessary while killing an animal (in a HUMANE way) for food at least serves a purpose... Tell me, can you not see the difference between the two or do you simply not WANT to see the difference because it's not right up your alley? I personally think it's the latter.

Overall I agree with your points, and truly respect voicing them in such a dialogue that is so important at this time. However I think you overestimate the importance of 'always' being omnivores and not having the digestive system. Those things can change in a few generations and I believe it's inevitable that they will, because humanity has been in a very very long period of darkness controlled by Dark rulers and the necessity of eating meat is very much related to that (that's from my own research which I won't go into here but it is relevant).

Our species digestive systems could change very quickly- they do in other ways, in a matter of a few generations. Already in some cultures if people eat beans from a young age then they have the ability to digest the oligosaccharides better than those who don't get beans.
Essentially we do not all have access to healthy crops of plant based foods because of the Dark rulership of corporate government- this may sound far fetched to you but it is absolutely the case. I'm not going to defend that here because it's too complicated but it is very well-established truth and very relevant to our diets. Livestock has been a more accessible alternative, like a necessary evil, for eons precisely because of politics and the powers-that-be that prevent our access to ample plant-based foods, and who have taken control of industrial agriculture globally, for this purpose.

Then there is the matter of cruelty and some poeple feel ANY killing and eating of animals is cruelty; they have a right to that perspective; it's not just opinion, there is some obvious truth in it regardless of where one stands. I think at the very least the importance of 'humanely" killing livestock is huge, it says a lot about who we are as a species. ANd the fact remains that the dairy and meat and eggs industries are still predominantly inhumane and cruel practices, unregulated as far as the animal treatment, even extreme cruelty to the animals is still often overlooked and whistleblowers are retaliated against.

These industries really are still fraught with such practices all over the world. It would be a huge step in our evolution if this could improve radically, and I believe it would if the barriers to such improvements were removed. Personally I feel this ought to be #1 priority before trying to sell vegan diets to the masses. A civilization that had zero tolerance for cruelty in these industries would be a HUGE step in the right direction.