Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-12-2016, 12:26 AM
Newbie ;)

What is astral projection?

What is astral projection and what exactly occurs during astral projection? What happens to our spiritual body that results in astral projection? What could cause someone to astral project without meaning to?

I have only ever done it twice that I can remember and they were both by accident. I wish to understand it more and would like to do it again but I don't know where to start.

Thank you.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello
To start somewhere, you can use this http://obe4u.com/ Free PDF
They have a video on their main page. And do not take their 'conspiracy' attitude seriously, its there only to raise curiosity.

Its been said that within AP you can access, in a spiritual body, parts of the world/universe which you otherwise could not see.
For example Places on earth, Planets,other universes and even Future/Past events.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenovalentPrincess333
What is astral projection and what exactly occurs during astral projection? What happens to our spiritual body that results in astral projection? What could cause someone to astral project without meaning to?

I have only ever done it twice that I can remember and they were both by accident. I wish to understand it more and would like to do it again but I don't know where to start.

Thank you.
We are simply energy with different levels of consciousness. Our journey has different sheaths with which we can operate at each level of consciousness. On this plane we operate in a physical body. The next plane up is the astral and we have an astral body for that plane. Sometimes, people can slip up to that level, the consciousness moves from this physical body to the astral one. When that happens we experience the astral plane or sometimes we also experience this plane whilst in the astral body.
There are methods to train to leave the body by this form of projection, but, its best once you have done it a couple of times to leave it alone and focus on working on yourself spiritually whilst here, that is after all why you are here. There will be plenty of time to see what the astral has to offer when you pass over from this life.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks guys. :)
Old 06-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Master

It deponds on who you ask .Ever ones idea is a bit differrent .

http://aznewage.com/astral%20travel.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection
astral pulse has a free down loadable book
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/
Old 07-03-2017, 03:12 AM
Suspended
Seeker

The worst thing ever. I don't care what anyone says. It's an invasion of privacy. Many people use it for this very reason. And many are looking to try it for this very reason. To violate others. After finding out about astral projection, I wonder why do we even have or need stalking laws? Or restraining orders? You can stalk anyone you'd like, anywhere and anytime you'd like. That's what astral projection has been to me.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity
The worst thing ever. I don't care what anyone says. It's an invasion of privacy. Many people use it for this very reason. And many are looking to try it for this very reason. To violate others. After finding out about astral projection, I wonder why do we even have or need stalking laws? Or restraining orders? You can stalk anyone you'd like, anywhere and anytime you'd like. That's what astral projection has been to me.
You have nothing to worry about. google and the us government know more about you than astral projection can reveal.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
You have nothing to worry about. google and the us government know more about you than astral projection can reveal.
I understand that. But the government isn't watching me or anybody else while we're showering. Watching me undress. Watching my most intimate of moments. They don't care. There is nothing worse than being violated in your own home. Astral projection proves to me there's no privacy.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:47 AM
Master
We need to know if there are some form of law enforcement officers in the astral~I am sure there must be, a protector we can summon, when we feel threatened for example.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Experiencer

My understanding of the subtle bodies is similar to Peteyzen's. I would expand on this a little, as the knowledge may help others who wish to astral travel.

I'm going to use the term 'soul' rather than subtle bodies or a list of the subtle bodies to indicate the 'you' that excludes the physical body. But 'you' are a combination of bodies that each operate in unison through the various planes of existence. If there's a table in the physical world, there's also a table in the astral, spiritual, mental, etc planes. Counter to this, there may be objects in the astral plane (for example) that aren't in the physical; much like there are beings that live in the subtle realms that don't have physical bodies.

But back to the main point: we are essentially a soul that resides in a physical body. It's 'locked' into place, and certain vibrations are needed before it can 'discard' the physical body temporarily. It may help to get some additional details here that may seem a little off topic at first.

When we die or are reborn, we pass through the 'pearly gates'. These remove and restore memory depending on the direction we are traveling. When we sleep, we partially pass through these gates as our soul travels to heaven; where we dream - our thoughts are instantly manifest. This transition partly though the gates is what results in our dreams being hard to remember.

When we astral travel, we're essentially making the transition out of the body, but retaining enough of a connection to our body that we're conscious of the event; to visit the astral realm rather than heaven.. or to a lucid dream if we do go to heaven.

For those that astral travel or lucid dream, they'll likely comment on the wash of vibrations that pass over their body that causes the soul to lose that 'locked' state. This is you passing partially through those gates, and the tighter a hold you have on your consciousness, the more control you are likely to have over what happens next and better you'll be able to remember them (as your physical brain is actually receiving those details). Also, the better your physical mind is able to process the senses of your soul, the more clear you experiences are likely to be. As such, if your third eye is open and functioning, you are more likely to see clearly while astral traveling and have clearer signals reach your physical brain so they can be stored in your long term memory.

Most people that leave their bodies venture into the astral plane first, being the lowest of the subtle realms. The astral body has all the senses of the physical body, they just behave a little differently. This adds to the difficulty the brain has in interpreting details; it's not accustomed to organising visual data in 360 degrees. As such, despite having a full spherical field of view, your physical brain is more likely to ignore the 'extra' details leaving you seeing the astral realm much like you do the physical one.

Movement is also a little problematic at first. Because you don't technically have arms and legs in astral form, you can take any shape you want, and may imitate walking/running in some way. But movement in the astral plane happens instantly; at the speed of thought. You think of where you want to be, and you'll simply shift there. Again, if you're new to astral travel, this can be a little disconcerting as you're used to moving your legs to stimulate motion. Initially, you may be more comfortable moving in familiar ways (using imaginary legs), but it usually results in a jerking series of 'shifts' to get where you want to go.

Some people have certain methods of falling asleep that result in spontaneous astral traveling. Their minds are full of thoughts, or they're simply existing quietly while they wait for their body to sleep. The body being asleep (despite the mind being awake) triggers the separation process to allow the soul to leave the body. You being conscious allows you to feel these vibrations that are washing over your body, and they can be used as a signal that it's time to initiate an astral travel or lucid dream.

Astral travel is something that can be learnt, but to get the full benefit of it, you'll also need to improve in other areas; such as opening your third eye. And this shouldn't be done until you are properly balanced and don't have too much negativity in your life.

As a word of caution, your mood / mental state is what dictates who/what you encounter in the subtle realms. If you're angry, scared, on drugs, depressed, etc, you are likely to encounter negative beings that may attempt to worsen your mental state; to drop you further down, allowing them more easy contact with you. If you are too closely aligned with their energy, they can attach to you and become a more permanent feature in your life.

To combat this, imagine your house being full of love and light. Meditate on this a little before attempting to astral travel. There are more techniques for handling negative entities, but I feel this post is long enough. Let me know if you wanted me to continue.