Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Pathfinder

GNOSIS

I'm reading some very obscure books these days. Seems I'm a bit like a dog with a bone. I want to know what people do or used to do to achieve Gnosis. There are so many books on this subject , but none appear to point the way forwards. Is this now totally underground....destroyed by the church or has it just become another story to tell everyone. I don't want all the stories...just some plain facts. I feel there is a way for Gnosis to be achieved and I would like to find it and then share it with everyone. I'm quite happy to be the newbie on this and welcome anything anybody might know or can point to a path. Anybody out there holding the lantern.
If your reading this you followers of Athena....throw me a line.
Seas of Love. Seven7
Old 25-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Ascender

There are many entrances-- One of the primary ones being meditation, or focusing your contemplation on symbols-- It also requires permission by the guardians, and the ability to refine your own approach to things, cannot simply be taught and yet teachings can provide inspiration--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-NDwqyTOaM
Do not listen to me if you do not wish to be hypnotized into a misleading worldview and become enslaved by alien godz (some might say hindu)-- By reading my posts, you fully consent to initiation into this cult, which may or may not occur--

Stay off the garden path--
Old 25-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
There are many entrances-- One of the primary ones being meditation, or focusing your contemplation on symbols-- It also requires permission by the guardians, and the ability to refine your own approach to things, cannot simply be taught and yet teachings can provide inspiration--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-NDwqyTOaM

I think I'd basically agree with that. When someone is ready they will be
shown. Symbols are important and need contemplation in the temple of
consciousness properly oriented toward their power.

I can't think seven7 could share "his" gnosis with anyone let alone everyone
but his way/method could possibly help.
Each must do their own work and I suppose depending on the individual spirit,
it could be a lot of work. Or little.

Edit. There seem to be plenty of attempts to explain and describe it on youtube but it's one of these things that
can't easily be explained in words. Evaluate what you're told and pick the best bits. There's a way forward
among them.
Old 25-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Pathfinder

I think maybe that to be in Gnosis you cannot train to be in it, you will either be in Gnosis or not in Gnosis. There is no training. Sounds like a Zen Koan :-) If our thinking can change material matter then perhaps the kind of expectations we expect will reveal to us the answer. Meditation on a symbol is written of often in Hindu texts but in the West I believe there is something different. I personally do not get on with meditation. I think meditation is one way of getting past the ego but I am not sure if this is a fear based method constructed by many practices who have invented reincarnation as another fear based method for the ego. A tricky one eh? We invent a method and belief in order to think that this body is the truth. Why not eh? I feel as though the door is nearer than my breath ...and yet I cannot open it. So simple and obvious...yet I cannot see it.....and yet if there was a way of showing a path to everyone....why not? Is everybody worried that we will be hunted down like the Gnostics, the Albigensians.......the bulgars....the templars...the Cathars and many others. Who out there will light the light and give us some guidance ....fear is the mind killer....go on take a chance and point somewhere. There are a lot of us out there who know there is more to this life than a job and having a family. Surely in order to survive we need to have something greater to pass on. Religion has lost all respect. Gnosis will answer. Knowledge I admit cannot be passed on sometimes as our minds cannot explain something we have experienced in a different way.. but there is a way where there must be sign posts. When you are ready the master will appear. This is another fear based construct by the mind.ego. Gnosis is already here . We just need to realise it.
Athena stand by my side . The Love and The light
Old 26-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Lorelyen

Yes, you can't train but you can expand awareness. You receive gnosis. As for hunting us down, the establishment will let spiritual currents be until it's threatened. Then it hunts adherents down. It happened during my parents' lifetime. Dad once said that the Beatles were allowed free rein because, like smoking tobacco, it's good for the economy, tax-taking etc. But the idea of "dropping out" wasn't, so the permissive culture had to be stamped on. Not quite a "religious" example but they'd follow suit even if gnosticism isn't a religion as such.

You're right - gnosis is there waiting. It's up to the individual to awaken to it and that may take work clearing the mess littering the path

Old 30-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Pathfinder

Hi again. For some reason my password didn't work and it has taken up until now to log back in. My email for help with this issue also seems to have vanished into the ether. Any way back now.

So here am I trying to work my way around Gnosis when I imagine that I have met a chap who tells me I should read The Gospel Of St Thomas. Didn't think a lot about it at the time until I decided to Google it. The book is now on order and hopefully dropping through my letterbox anytime now. I have got to learn to see without seeing it seems. Anyone had any experience on this one. Any pointers anybody.... perhaps this is a pointer in expanding my awareness. To see without my eyes. Look out rabbit hole, here we come.
As ever. Love
Old 30-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Ascender

A book?

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl_thomas.htm

Here it is-- The whole nag hammadi library is worth looking into as well--
One of my favorites is perfect thunder, perfect mind--

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/thunder.html
Do not listen to me if you do not wish to be hypnotized into a misleading worldview and become enslaved by alien godz (some might say hindu)-- By reading my posts, you fully consent to initiation into this cult, which may or may not occur--

Old 30-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
A book?
[/url]

Good afternoon firstandlast

Nothing wrong with books, far easier to get lost in a book, than a screen.
Old 30-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Pathfinder

Read that. There is only one. Non dualism and all it implies. This feels like a trip to the abyss again. Sometimes you just need a little push of the edge in order to fly. Nice links by the way. Thanks for that. Synchronicity. I was on the Gnostic Society site before I posted.
I will post my thoughts on what I find out.
Love
Old 30-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon firstandlast

Nothing wrong with books, far easier to get lost in a book, than a screen.

Lol, I just meant the thing itself is not a whole book-- haha