Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Henri77

DIY NDE life review

This NDE life review idea has been buzzing in my imagination like a fly that won't leave. For several months.

We have mid terms, pop quizzes ... yet for most folks , they go their entire life , with no report card. Often oblivious to their karmic credit report.

According to some reports, even the most "insignificant " things can be considered
of huge value. And large events, are often of little significance,, during an actual life review.

One woman relived a time, when she saw a flower blooming from a crack in the sidewalk ..and she kneeled & expressed "unlimited love" to it, for it's survival.
She viewed, during her review. this as "the greatest achievement" of her life as it was totally selfless love.

Others observed a small act of kindness, "and how it rippled through several lives."

How about creating our own life review rather than waiting for that unexpected call?
Have you done this, considered it?

Yeah I'm well over 50 and know time is not unlimited... but it just seemed those who experienced a life review gained a huge insight they'd never had before.
And I'd love to understand what I can do better and what is totally meaningless, in terms of soul evolution.

In very deep meditation I contacted what seemed my akashic book-record.

One time it seemed a book, another like an infinite card file of images, or a reel of memories.

I've scanned it 2-3 times just to look back... but imagine one could request the assistance of a mentor, guide, to help one see "significant" events , and objectively learn from them. (I should say, my experience was limited to this life, as I've not tried to look further back)

Anyway ... who has experienced something like an overall life review, in meditation or a dream, without an actual physical NDE incident?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Master

What a lovely, thoughtful and insightful post, dear Henri.

Life is a school. We are all at times going to make mistakes, act out of ignorance and thoughtlessness, act out of anger and so forth. We wouldn't be human if we didn't.

To think back on one's life, to see the mistakes one has made - and hopefully LEARN FROM THEM; and, if it is possible, MAKE AMENDS, this is good and wise.

It's funny how you'll read a book and one piece of it will stand out like a flame in the night.
This great gem of wisdom is from 'The Wisdom of Ramadahn'...
"You cannot redeem yourself by fruitless regret. If you have brought harm to some part of the Creation, you can help to set things right by giving a greater amount of good or helpful action to that part of the Creation so harmed.'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Ascender
Noble Knight, you are always on target! What you have written reminds me of what my own teacher often says: "Learn the lesson! Don't cut yourself up over mistakes; just learn from them and rectify things if possible".
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Henri77

Many of us don't understand-see the results of our acts, know how we actually influence others. Or even know how we're perceived by others.

Sometimes a casual comment, act can have a profound effect either positive or hurtful that we're unaware of.
I know I've offended-hurt people at times without being aware of it, and suspect at times an encouraging comment, act uplifted someone.

The life review allow us to see our acts from others POV , and this seems invaluable education.
Why wait till we leave to learn this? Is my thought.

If we act from the heart, we're sure to do the right thing, yet we're here to learn and become more aware.
Only through feedback or insight can we learn how we affect our world.

I'm not suggesting we please everyone, but only that we might become more aware of the effects of our actions on others.

It's great to avoid stepping on ants, or becoming vegan, but how do our acts impact others of our species?
At a certain point we can certainly trust our intuition, but a look-perspective from others point of view could be very enlightening.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion

To think back on one's life, to see the mistakes one has made - and hopefully LEARN FROM THEM; and, if it is possible, MAKE AMENDS, this is good and wise.

If you have brought harm to some part of the Creation, you can help to set things right by giving a greater amount of good or helpful action to that part of the Creation so harmed.'

Dannion Brinkley had a NDE after being struck by lightning, and saw who he really was, who he'd hurt, and it turned his life around.

Just thinking-looking back doesn't necessarily give us the insight to see things from others pov, to see beyond our ego-prejudice-ignorance.

This is where a life review seems unique .... as we see things totally objectively, without bias or excuse, a precious learning experience, to understand what really matters in life. From the souls, rather than the minds perspective.

I suppose in deep meditation we can potentially approach this objectivity, for specific issues-events.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Henri77

Imagine if career criminals could experience this. And witness the results of their violence, how many "wasted" lives could potentially be salvaged.
Just a thought....

Anyway my query is ... have you had a similar experience, without a physical NDE?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Imagine if career criminals could experience this. And witness the results of their violence, how many "wasted" lives could potentially be salvaged.
Just a thought....

Anyway my query is ... have you had a similar experience, without a physical NDE?

I think that often our loved ones on the Otherside or our spirit guide pops past events into our minds and we can sort of relive something that we have said or done that was a big mistake or hurtful....... but I also think that at the time you say or do something not quite right, you instinctively "know" that what you said or did was hurtful.......I think that "regret" is a very helpful emotion "if" we learn from it......
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Dannion Brinkley had a NDE after being struck by lightning, and saw who he really was, who he'd hurt, and it turned his life around.

Didn't he have 2 or 3 NDE's? I read his book twice before. And then he became so psychic that he could actually read people's minds! I remember how in his line of work, he was involved in something about delivering weapons for war? And even though he didn't directly kill people, when he had his near death experience & had his life review, he had to see what happened with the people who got killed by the weapons he delivered, and he had to feel the pain that it caused to the families who had loved ones killed with the weapons he delivered! Am I recalling this correctly? This stuff kind of freaks me out because people do work to make a living, like I'm sure he wasn't doing his job out of a hardcore love for it. I'm not particularly proud of my work and maybe it hurts people? Not literally physically hurts people but hurts in other ways. In my life review am I going to have to deal with the hurt that doing my job has caused people? I mean I don't even want to do my work. I want to do something more meaningful and helpful for people but I need the money for a place to live & food just like everyone else does too.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Master

[quote=Henri77]

Sometimes a casual comment, act can have a profound effect either positive or hurtful that we're unaware of.

[quote]

So true! Words are powerful things, for good or ill.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Mathew

Quote:
This NDE life review idea has been buzzing in my imagination like a fly that won't leave. For several months.

We have mid terms, pop quizzes ... yet for most folks , they go their entire life , with no report card. Often oblivious to their karmic credit report.

According to some reports, even the most "insignificant " things can be considered
of huge value. And large events, are often of little significance,, during an actual life review.

One woman relived a time, when she saw a flower blooming from a crack in the sidewalk ..and she kneeled & expressed "unlimited love" to it, for it's survival.
She viewed, during her review. this as "the greatest achievement" of her life as it was totally selfless love.

Others observed a small act of kindness, "and how it rippled through several lives."

How about creating our own life review rather than waiting for that unexpected call?
Have you done this, considered it?

Yeah I'm well over 50 and know time is not unlimited... but it just seemed those who experienced a life review gained a huge insight they'd never had before.
And I'd love to understand what I can do better and what is totally meaningless, in terms of soul evolution.

In very deep meditation I contacted what seemed my akashic book-record.

One time it seemed a book, another like an infinite card file of images, or a reel of memories.

I've scanned it 2-3 times just to look back... but imagine one could request the assistance of a mentor, guide, to help one see "significant" events , and objectively learn from them. (I should say, my experience was limited to this life, as I've not tried to look further back)

Anyway ... who has experienced something like an overall life review, in meditation or a dream, without an actual physical NDE incident?

G'day Henri77

These days I can be reading a book or watching a documentary & wham I will get feelings & images of my past lives. When this first started to happen I just shrugged it off as being just in my head but I had one episodic of living in Egypt in the 4th dynasty as a lowly priest & was banished to out lying areas of Egypt for a few reasons.

This seemed like a lot of hogwash to me as I never knew of any priest being banished in Egypt, it didn't seem right until I was reading about a pilgrimage to Egypt on another site & had the strongest urge to share my episode. The owner of the site got back to me & said I was correct in everything I said that happened because she was there as well, freaky stuff.

I feel if it's unnecessary to know about your past lives you shouldn't force it.

Love
Mathew