Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Dodgec24

Near Death Experience or Dream?

My story is a long one but I feel like I need to share it and understand what I have experienced to strengthen my spirituality.

I am a college student in Florida and studying to become a pilot, I was raised by a Protestant father and Catholic mother. I have struggled throughout my life to find God, however I have always been a believer. I joined a fraternity in college and met Jeremy who would become not only my best friend but truly my brother. Jeremy was about to perfect as you could get when it comes to a human being, he was good at everything he did and also had an affinity with people, everyone loved Jeremy.

About three months ago Jeremy passed away in an automobile accident after leaving a friends house in the early morning, upon receiving the news from his parents I completely broke down. Jeremy and I had spent that night together before he left for his friends house. We were sitting with a group of friends having a conversation when Jeremy turned to me and explained that he had a strange dream the night before. According to Jeremy, there was a "dark" entity he believed to be a woman that had no facial features but sunk in eye sockets and the outline of a mouth. The "entity" stood in front of him and he explained that it wanted his soul. He went on to explain that he saw gray whispy material escaping from his body and flowing towards the "entity". He then explained that he awoke from his dream and saw the "entity" still above him in his bed for a few seconds after he awoke. Jeremy was visibly shaken by his experience, I have discussed the paranormal with Jeremy before since I grew up in a house as a child where I had experiences with what I believed to be spirits but Jeremy never believed in the paranormal however he was very religious.

A few days after his passing I had a dream, in the beginning of this dream I saw his parents and his sister crying and I felt empty and strong sadness. I suddenly had an urge to find Jeremy and a voice kept telling me exactly where he was. At that moment I was standing in a field and it was a beautiful day the air was warm with a slight breeze and the sky was a brilliant blue. I still remember how the grass felt and swayed in the breeze as I felt a sense of calm envelop me. I began to walk towards a cabin in the distance where the urge or voice had been directing me to go. I approached the cabin and walked to the back where there was a small porch and Jeremy was sitting on the steps with a sling on his arm. I looked at him and asked if he needed anything or if I could do anything for him. He looked up at me with the most peaceful calming look, smiled and said "no I'm ok". At that moment I was back with his parents, I began yelling at them that we needed to go get him and that he was fine and needed to go to the hospital. They just continued crying and didn't believe anything I said. After I revealed what I saw I instantly found myself "floating" thats the best way I can describe it. I was not aware of my body or any conscious being of self. I recall seeing Jeremy standing infront of me clothed in the purest white robe with the biggest smile and look of joy on his face. Behind him was the brightest, purest, most luminescent light I have ever seen in my existence. This light was connected to Jeremy but it was separate, I felt a strong presence from the light as it enveloped Jeremy and scattered from his back like the rays of the sun. This light gave of the most powerful sense of love I have ever experienced. We never exchanged verbal words but I knew exactly what Jeremy was saying however I can not translate it into language it was more of an understanding, the closest words I can use are "this is what it is, do not fear your time nor anyone elses, the light will always guide you".

After I awoke I felt as though I needed to readjust my senses and conscious thinking to my surroundings. Never in my life have I experienced such a powerful presence or had a dream that was so vivid. It has certainly changed my life and I think about that light every day. I was not drinking alcohol or taking any type of drugs at the time, I was under intense emotional stress but I am convinced that my dream was not due to these circumstances. I have a hard time conveying my experience to people, they often think its a weird coincidence. I wish I could share the full experience with others for them to understand how intense it was. I believe God allowed me to see my brother one last time and to let me know that the light will guide and protect forever.