Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Visits from a Robin

Last night as I was eating pizza I was looking out the window, in front of my table. There is a small picture window, with 2 smaller windows on each side of the main window.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a Robin sitting on a branch and looking at me ! He tries to get closer to the window, which means going further out on the branch, which is starting to wobble as it is the far end of the branch and not very sturdy. He keeps watching me as he is almost hanging upside down ! I said " hello " .....not that he could hear me

Then he flew to another branch, a stronger one... and was closer to me, looking in thru the main window. I said " hello " again and he just stared at me, like he wanted to say something. He sat there for about 5 mins, or so it seemed.... and I wondered who he was and what he was trying to tell me.

Several days ago, when I went outside. I noticed a robin sitting in the yard, just watching me. Usually when I go out the door, the birds scatter..... this one didn't. I said " hello " .... and he just looked at me, so I stood there and looked at him. Curious .... this silent conversation with the Robin, as it is usually a Cardinal that comes to visit and I know who the Cardinal is.

Now, I am wondering ..... who is the Robin ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Ascender
Robins seem to be quite friendly with some humans. We had a robin in our yard every morning, he would do similar things as you mentioned. Run around eat worm and look at us while me and my wife told him how cute he was. He would also watch us from the tree outside the kitchen window. They like to be talked to, and someone to be around in the mornings and at night sometimes too. Robins seem to change their habits during the day time, more flying and less ground work atleast in town anyway.

Once spring hit I stopped seeing him, not sure if he migrated or not but it was right in line with the seasons. Now in the morning I think longingly of "Mr. Robin" and hope for his return.

We have some blue birds that still come around and talk to us, and a little tiny yellow bird with HUGE big black eyes. Cutest thing ever, but he came around yesterday with a new big eyed friend. Which made me happy cause he always flew around with some other small grey birds and he was the only one in the flock. I call him 'lil big eyes" hehe.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Deactivated Account

What ? My Robin visit wasn't a sign ? Just a friendly neighborhood robin ? ha ha, I am always looking for a sign and I guess because the Cardinal was a sign, I thought this Robin was too.

Thanks Sammy for sharing your bird stories with me ! Cute how you give them a name.

Expect Miracles !

Old 05-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
I have had so many generations of Robins being friendly with me -and cheeky! -over the years in my garden. They are very intelligent, and seem to be as responsive as a dog or cat.

But it was a Robin who was my very first helper out of one of the darkest periods of my life in 1999. That was a very dark time indeed (I won't go into details, as it's too long, complicated, and unusual) At that time there was literally nothing and I couldn't even trust my inner self or instincts. I was the emptiest I'd ever been with not one thing to hold onto. I prayed one morning, while sitting on my back door step..."Please help me God."
A Robin came right down a second later, stood two feet away from me, put his head on one side, stared at me, chirruped a bit, didn't go away.
He gave me something to live for right then and there.

I feel they are messengers of some kind. I don't know quite what. But they have some dealings with the human evolution.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Deactivated Account

awww Tobi, thanks for sharing that .....

I do believe they are messengers, the random animals that appear and seem to lock their gaze with ours ....the way they look at us, and seem to have something to say. Just wish we knew what it was .

Expect Miracles !

Old 05-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Dante1709

I once had a very close experience with a robin ; it stood so still, I was able to approach around 3 feet away and capture a gorgeous photo. Here it is :

Eyes are the mirrors to the soul by Dante1709, on Flickr

Whenever animals allow me to approach them or take a photo, I take it as a gift. Perhaps the animal isn't a sign ; but it gave an experience, allowed you to get close, to capture it's beauty and feel connected. Anyways, it's my belief that each animal has the potential to be a sign.

I'm unaware of what robins are supposed to mean, although you may be able to find information by looking at Native American beliefs, as well as shamanic teachings. Your own personal experiences or connections can define a sign as well.For example, whenever I see a raven or crow it's a sign from the Universe that I'm being watched, or it's an omen of good luck. Try to meditate on it, and see what you associate robins with.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Wow Dante ! That is an AWESOME picture !! and so are the others that I saw of yours, very impressive !

I would say you have a gift with your photography and from the animals too.

In re-reading your post, I remembered I used to look up certain animals, for their meaning as an animal totem. I will do that with the Robin and see what it has to say.

Thanks !

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/robin.htm (for the full reading)
"A Robin totem will stimulate new growth in all areas of your life.
Believe in yourself as you move forward. "

Expect Miracles !

Old 05-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Stunning picture Dante! Really really beautiful.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Dante1709

Thanks! I make sure to always bring my camera out when going for walk ; you never know what's going to be out and about!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Raeona_Storm

I've been seeing tons of Robins lately....very sweet, pretty birds.