Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-01-2020, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can't reason such subjects, so I believe it is a waste of time to try it. We don't have neither the data, nor the intellect, nor the intuition to figure out such subjects. That's why they exist under the faith umbrella.

Your title question should be turned around 180 degrees to: why do humans exists? Isn't it? The soul temporarily materializes, and not the human temporarily sublimates ...

It is like you-in-your-dream would your question: why does @Siemens exist?

.... because a meteorite impacted the Yucatan and killed off the dinosaurs......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-01-2020, 02:07 PM
Master

to have joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Many of you have already realized that you are more than just a biological body consisting of atoms. Most of you have realized that there is something more behind your human existence, namely a probably endless existing part that gives rise to your conscious experience and outlives your physical death: the human soul.
But taking this as our premise: Why is it actually that (supernatural, non-atomic) souls exist? If a soul is capable of reincarnating, a soul must be a very complex entity. It has to have the ability to connect with matter in a very purposeful and complex way. It has to have the ability to connect to the most complex physical machine we know: the human brain. And it hast to be able to use a human body for the purpose of making worldly experiences.
I also think that when we are dead, i.e. in the beyond, we still have all the skills and abilities we currently have as humans: We, as souls in the beyond, can feel, perceive and think and act - just as we do on earth.

But why do our souls exist? Souls obviously have complex skills and therefore must have complex mechanisms inside themselves - or, in other words, souls must be complex mechanisms. For a complex mechanism to exist one out of two things is required: either a creator or a process of evolution. How could something complex else exist?
The fist explanation involves a problem: If god or “a creator” created souls, he himself had to be a very complex entity what would beg the question why he exists. So, all god-theories have no explanatory power but are circular reasoning instead.

This is why I prefer the second explanation: namely that our souls exist because there’s a kind of soul-evolution in the beyond thanks to which we, as souls, exist. Although the idea of a creator has no explanatory power I don’t rule out that there have been other souls (older souls evolved through soul-evolution) that once helped my soul to form. As well as we, as souls, might help younger souls (or diffuse clouds of energy) to come into existence. What do you think?

Indian scriptures tell God created the world for us to enjoy through game called life on earth. Like any games we have rules (ie Sciences including social sciences) to observe .We have penalties for not following rules (deviating from sciences ). We have multiple teams , team members , opponents , cheer leaders , spectators , umpire etc . If we play the game excellently (you experience the bliss and joy of life) and if you play the game ridiculously & recklessly , you are penalized with suffering in life .

Miss Hepburn's explanation also answers to a good extent the reason for creating souls .

We believe in re-birth . So the soul exists only in some other form somewhere after death. All attributes associated with body (including memory are gone after death ) . All attributes associated with soul remains even after death in next birth( like purity of intellect , sharpness of memory , nobility , braveness , fearlessness etc ) remain in the next birth . Also for God humans are just one species existing out of multiple species existing on a small planet called Earth . For Him the next birth is guaranteed as humans only if one deserved to be so. If human being lives like animal through out his life , he is granted that life in next life. God is extremely loving . He does not penalize . He merely gives what we need . This is the law of evolution (different from Darwin's ) .
Old 26-01-2020, 03:44 PM
hazada guess

If there were no souls,then we would all be Robots.(Which is what I feel like sometimes ).
Old 26-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Master

Soul . . . as an existence . . . is THE most powerful, THE most capable entity in existence itself . . . save for God Itself and IT’s Essence . . . Spirit. Without Soul . . . nothing else would exist save for God and Spirit. As is the case for anything . . . the more powerful a “tool” when used correctly / beneficially . . . the more damaging the same “tool” when used detrimentally / for destruction / limitation.

Hence . . . the purpose of this entire, designed schoolroom of the psychic worlds. EVERY-thing progresses . . . EVERY-thing grows . . . given enough time . . . within the psychic worlds.

Indeed . . . Soul exists because of God’s Love for IT. A great part of the entire ‘Path’ is to ultimately discover the difference between emotional, human love and Divine Love. THAT is when many of the so-called puzzle pieces begin to fall into place.
Old 26-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think soul evolution leads to the same question: Why does it exist? Why do souls have to evolve? If they are *whole* then why be here?
Who said that we are “whole”? I do not think that our souls are “whole”. I think we are evolving from an unperfect state of existence to an ever more complex and advanced state of being.
Old 27-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Molearner

Quote:
But taking this as our premise: Why is it actually that (supernatural, non-atomic) souls exist?

Siemens,

This is an interesting question. It is easier to simply accept this as a mystery which we might not be able to unravel. Nevertheless, we are compelled to attempt to understand this question. After some minimal consideration I will make an attempt.....:)

First, for this stab at it, I will accept what seems to be an unspoken assumption in this discussion....namely that soul and spirit are synonymous. I personally do not accept that preferring instead that body, soul and spirit are our actual composition and that each is distinct in there separate ways. But for this attempt, for purposes of discussion, I will accept that soul and spirit are the same.

If so, I would suggest that soul exists as an intricately made means for God verification and as a means to communicate with God and receive His impulses. For some it might be easier to accept the existence of soul(based on their life experiences) than it is to accept the existence of God. Under my premise the soul is a receiver just like a radio or TV......it is able to receive impulses from God and render them into some that is intelligible. Now the main radiation from God is love.....that is what the soul receives and perceives. Someone mentioned being robotic.....if we were just robotic(flesh and blood) would we have emotions ? Our emotions allow us to feel that which we call love.....we cry, we feel empathy, sympathy, thankfulness,etc. etc. It is by means of the soul that we feel fully human. And when we are fully human we can become of the God that is within us. Our ability to receive the impulses of God allows us likewise to be transmitters of these impulses. You might term it as a giant God-verification network.
Old 28-01-2020, 12:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I don’t rule out that there have been other souls (older souls evolved through soul-evolution) that once helped my soul to form. As well as we, as souls, might help younger souls (or diffuse clouds of energy) to come into existence. What do you think?

The people hypnotized and guided to remember their time between incarnations in the book Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives, by Michael Newton says that is true.
Old 28-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Siemens,

This is an interesting question. It is easier to simply accept this as a mystery which we might not be able to unravel. Nevertheless, we are compelled to attempt to understand this question. After some minimal consideration I will make an attempt.....:)

First, for this stab at it, I will accept what seems to be an unspoken assumption in this discussion....namely that soul and spirit are synonymous. I personally do not accept that preferring instead that body, soul and spirit are our actual composition and that each is distinct in there separate ways. But for this attempt, for purposes of discussion, I will accept that soul and spirit are the same.

If so, I would suggest that soul exists as an intricately made means for God verification and as a means to communicate with God and receive His impulses. For some it might be easier to accept the existence of soul(based on their life experiences) than it is to accept the existence of God. Under my premise the soul is a receiver just like a radio or TV......it is able to receive impulses from God and render them into some that is intelligible. Now the main radiation from God is love.....that is what the soul receives and perceives. Someone mentioned being robotic.....if we were just robotic(flesh and blood) would we have emotions ? Our emotions allow us to feel that which we call love.....we cry, we feel empathy, sympathy, thankfulness,etc. etc. It is by means of the soul that we feel fully human. And when we are fully human we can become of the God that is within us. Our ability to receive the impulses of God allows us likewise to be transmitters of these impulses. You might term it as a giant God-verification network.
You, as everybody else, didn't answer my actual question, which was: Why is it in the first place that anything as complex as a soul exists?

I didn’t asked for what purpose the soul was designed (if it were designed by something higher than itself, what I do not believe). I asked through which forces it came into existence. Or why does something complex like a soul exist? If your answer is: God was the force that designed the soul therefore it exists, you do not answer my actual question. You just lift the question to a higher level: The question then would be: Why does something complex like your god exist?
Old 28-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Knower

In any case a kind of evolutionary process must be at work in the beyond that allowed souls or the creator of souls to come into existence.
Old 28-01-2020, 03:26 PM
Molearner

Quote:
You, as everybody else, didn't answer my actual question, which was: Why is it in the first place that anything as complex as a soul exists?

I didn’t asked for what purpose the soul was designed (if it were designed by something higher than itself, what I do not believe). I asked through which forces it came into existence. Or why does something complex like a soul exist? If your answer is: God was the force that designed the soul therefore it exists, you do not answer my actual question. You just lift the question to a higher level: The question then would be: Why does something complex like your god exist?

Siemens,

Ask the wrong question you get the wrong answer. The question 'why' implies purpose pure and simple. Apparently what you actually meant is 'how' souls exist. This presupposes that souls, indeed, do exist. We should be entitled to ask you …..is there such a thing as soul ? Do you believe that souls exist ?