Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 25-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Experiencer

Interpretation of synchronicities

The major thing in my life right now is that I am trying to get a job after 9 years of not having one. I had three recent interviews and I'm waiting to hear if I am hired. I've been seeing the numbers 42 and 33 a rediculous amount of times and after the interviews suddenly 52 showed up. One of these jobs, if you plug in the address into Google maps, it says it takes 42 minutes to arrive there via highway and 52 minutes avoiding highways. I used to work with birds, I have bird sounds on shuffle. At 11:33 it played two birds in a row I worked with in the past. Are these signs I will get one of these jobs?
Old 25-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Master

It is said that synchronicities are bleed throughs from other probable realities, but this doesn't help you with an earlier answer to your unknown future.

You can help getting the desired result by pushing away all the fears and doubts against it, and imaginarily reveling as if the desired outcome already happened.

May happen what's better for you, even if it isn't what you wish now!
Old 25-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Guide

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
The major thing in my life right now is that I am trying to get a job after 9 years of not having one. I had three recent interviews and I'm waiting to hear if I am hired. I've been seeing the numbers 42 and 33 a rediculous amount of times and after the interviews suddenly 52 showed up. One of these jobs, if you plug in the address into Google maps, it says it takes 42 minutes to arrive there via highway and 52 minutes avoiding highways. I used to work with birds, I have bird sounds on shuffle. At 11:33 it played two birds in a row I worked with in the past. Are these signs I will get one of these jobs?

Being with the same Company for years and now recently starting to go for interviews, I've found it an eye opener about how much things have changed Each interview I've attended has involved seeing crows on the way there. I now know that if I go for another interview and I see a crow, I won't be getting that job. These crows seem to tell me, 'don't waste your time with this interview' and because there's been what seems to be a well established pattern I figured that I should be looking at something different to my norm.

However, I think this would work both ways. Your synchronicities have a positive feel about them. I'd be really interested in how these go for you once you get news.

I hope things are good for you Angnix
Old 27-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Experiencer

I got news of being hired into somewhere starting in May.
Old 28-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Guide

Congratulations Angnix Great news!
Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Master

Hi Angnix.

I used to work in Personal and I've taken a course on job interviewing etc.

I post it from time to time for those it may help.

Hear ya go:

FYI, 80% of available jobs are not advertised in publications. Most don't want to hassle with the influx of hundreds of applications and resumes they are bombarded with. They look at the resumes they have on file or call an associate to see what applications/resumes they might have.

First, update your resume.

Collect a pen and a notebook and your favorite beverage and set them next to your telephone. You will need your local telephone book as well.

I always start at the "A's" and work my way down. I do not discriminate at what the business does. Write the name of the business down in your notebook and the date.

Call the number.

A receptionist, more than likely, will answer the phone. Get her name and write it down in your notebook. Ask to speak to the person who does the hiring. When the receptionist transfers you write down the name of the person who does the hiring in your notebook. When the person who does the hiring comes on the line, say: "Hello, my name is __________. I was wondering if you have any employment opportunities in your company bla, bla, bla." If they have an opening be ready. Have your answer written down in front of you. Talk with confidence and clearly as you tell them what your skills are.

One of two things will happen. Whatever happens write the results in your notebook:

1. They are interested in you and want you to come by or at least drop off a resume. When you show up, dress appropriately, not jeans and a summer top. Always be courteous to the receptionist. Her/his boss may likely ask her advice of you. It happened to me countless times (I worked in Personnel and had this experience many times).

2. The hiring person will tell you they don't have any openings. If that is the case, ask if he knows of anyone in need of your skills. If she/he says, no, thank him for his time and hang up. If he does have some information, write it down in your notebook.

This is important, ask if you can say he or she recommended you. Sometimes they will say yes, sometimes they will say no. If he gives you a lead, write it down in your notebook, hopefully, name of company, phone number and contact person.

Asking for a lead and/or a recommendation is called "networking."

Call the company he recommended. If he said you couldn't use him as a recommendation treat it as a cold call. If you don't have the contact person's name ask the (second) receptionist to speak to the person who does the hiring; if you do have the second person's name use it to streamline through the receptionist. The less she knows at this stage the better.

Say something like this to the second company, Hello, my name is ________. May I speak to the person who does the hiring (or may I speak to ________). When that person comes onto the line tell them your name and that you just talked to____________ at such and such a company and they said you might have an opening. Bla, bla, bla.

Remember write every contact person names down in your notebook as well as important information you might have to pull up later under their company heading.

If this is a hot lead, offer to go in and drop off a resume and/or set up an interview date.

I've even had some people say to me, "Can you come right now?" I'd have to scramble around throwing on interview clothes, etc to make my appointment.

At the end of an interview write down all important information in your notebook you may need later. At the end of an interview, while it is fresh in your mind (I do mine as soon as I get back to my car). Why the details in writing everything down? Because when you have 2-4 different companies you are in simultaneous contact with it, can get very confusing. This way you can keep everyone and everything straight.

This is another important point. After you do complete an interview, send them a short thank you letter. Mention every person you came in contact with including the receptionist, thanking them for their time and recapping how well you would enjoy working there. Short and sweet. It was the deciding factor on one job I found out after I had been hired. Why mention the receptionist? Sometimes they open the daily mail for their employer.

Always wear appropriate clothes. I can't stress that enough. No shorts, summer clothes. Always present yourself in professional clothes, even to drop off a resume. They notice.

Okay, now go to the next company in the telephone book and start all over. Don't stop at just one if you get leads. Fill up that notebook! After about 3 days of this routine, I was averaging about 2 hot leads with companies who had employment openings per day. Rephrased: that's two interviews a day. This system will get you employed.

During the interview the person on the other side of the desk is looking more for compatibility first, and education/experience second. Yes, you need to know basic skills, but, more likely, they are looking for someone who can get along with them and other employees and will be dependable, presentable and cooperative. Training a new employee is feasible if they like you enough.

Another point is to be prepared for the interview. Practice your interview answers. You want to sound confident and self assured. No matter what question they ask you, you don't want to be thrown off-guard or to hesitate before you answer. I found a website (link below) with common interview questions. Study them like you would if you had a school test! It is harder than it looks. Use a mirror to watch yourself how you respond or have someone help you. What will really help you is to have someone do a video of you. You will see your strengths and weaknesses. All of this interview preparation will last you a lifetime. Once you have conquered the interview jitters, you will always ace the test!

Always remember the person conducting the interview puts his/her pants on just the same as you do.

Interview questions:

http://www.job-applications.com/interview-questions/

More on the Actual Interview:

Take the time to write down answers to common interview questions. When I was writing down my answers to common interview questions, I really had a hard time because I routinely put myself in a negative light, I realized. But I learned not to do that. EVER.

When I took the course in job seeking/interviewing we paired off and practiced the interview questions over and over. You could do it in front of a mirror. Or video yourself as you have a friend shoot off those interview questions to you. Then both of you watch the interview and critique yourself in a constructive way. Heck we did it so many times we started having fun with it! I used a Texas drawl and put my feet up on the desk (I was the interviewer that time around). We both giggled and played with it.

Always sound confident and sure of yourself in your answers.

Interviewer: What would you say are your week points?

Applicant: "I leave them home when I come to work", or divert the question by saying, "Let me think, I'm super organized, and get along well with my fellow co-workers and will pitch in when there is a backlog of work." Never put yourself down under any circumstances.

Also always remember that person on the other side of the desk, sits on a commode/john just like you do. I know that sounds gross, but sometimes if we take them down a notch or two, it helps.

Pretend the interviewer is a new acquaintance you are getting to know. Not an interviewer.

Believe it or not, when you practice interview questions in private, it's like going to an oral test you've studied for and know you are going to ace it. You will only have to do it once (practice) and it will carry you through for the rest of your life. I got to the point I wasn't even nervous anymore.

And I got jobs! I went from the last on on the list of applicants to the top. One such job, I had to interview with two Accountants. I sent my thank you letter afterwards and was called a few days later and was told they chose me. Many months later I asked one of my bosses why they chose me: "The thank you letter", he said.