Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Beratinho Beratinho is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 12
 
Exclamation Meditation and the blood white cells

Hi my question today is about can meditation increase the amount of the white cells in your blood even though of you have enough cells in your blood so i am not talking if you have a deficit here where i live for a male the limit of the white cells in between 4.2 and 5.8 when you do the blood tests if you get 5.81 here that means you have more blood in your body than you should how yo deal with that
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-02-2020, 10:48 AM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,113
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beratinho
Hi my question today is about can meditation increase the amount of the white cells in your blood even though of you have enough cells in your blood so i am not talking if you have a deficit here where i live for a male the limit of the white cells in between 4.2 and 5.8 when you do the blood tests if you get 5.81 here that means you have more blood in your body than you should how yo deal with that

Best leave that to an actual M.D. and not advice you're going to get from anonymous posters on an internet forum.

EDIT: Funny this came up because I just had my yearly physical and blood work. Everything was cool but my white cell count was a tad low at 3.8. The doc said it's probably normal variability and fluctuation. Happens all the time and he just scheduled me for a follow-up in a couple of months to retest.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Beratinho Beratinho is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Best leave that to an actual M.D. and not advice you're going to get from anonymous posters on an internet forum.

EDIT: Funny this came up because I just had my yearly physical and blood work. Everything was cool but my white cell count was a tad low at 3.8. The doc said it's probably normal variability and fluctuation. Happens all the time and he just scheduled me for a follow-up in a couple of months to retest.
did you ask your doctor if meditation affects the cells or not
I am not expecting PHD answers on this web i was just looking if anyone has had the problem before
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-02-2020, 02:08 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,113
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beratinho
did you ask your doctor if meditation affects the cells or not
I am not expecting PHD answers on this web i was just looking if anyone has had the problem before

Oh no, but I'm 99.99999999999999999999999% sure meditation isn't going to impact blood work. Blood pressure, yes. Blood work, definitely not.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-02-2020, 03:27 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,053
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Oh no, but I'm 99.99999999999999999999999% sure meditation isn't going to impact blood work. Blood pressure, yes. Blood work, definitely not.

I think that if you go deep enough you can even alter your body at a subconscious level, just as I did when I escaped depression and all that strange fatigue that used to appear every time I ate disappeared completely now. It's all about intention.
__________________
My Father and your Father, the Father of all, the Supreme Being, is calling us to the Truth. Can't you hear His call, the knocks in the door? Open the door, so the Truth may dwell within you.
Come, whoever you are and from wherever you are, come, rich or poor, master or servant, come!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-02-2020, 04:04 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,113
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I think that if you go deep enough you can even alter your body at a subconscious level, just as I did when I escaped depression and all that strange fatigue that used to appear every time I ate disappeared completely now. It's all about intention.

Are you willing to bet someone's life on that? Someone who might have a white cell count that might be indicative of something not quite right? To not seek out medical opinion/advice and instead just use meditation and intent to set it all right?

Seriously, this is the danger of people not knowing what they are speaking to giving medical advice on a forum. Please, just don't do it.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15-02-2020, 03:55 AM
FallingLeaves FallingLeaves is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,114
 
never mind...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15-02-2020, 07:45 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,053
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Are you willing to bet someone's life on that? Someone who might have a white cell count that might be indicative of something not quite right? To not seek out medical opinion/advice and instead just use meditation and intent to set it all right?

Seriously, this is the danger of people not knowing what they are speaking to giving medical advice on a forum. Please, just don't do it.


Seek medical help and meditate at the same time!

Stop deciding what meditation can and can't do, if you have just a drop of faith, meditation can do wonders.
__________________
My Father and your Father, the Father of all, the Supreme Being, is calling us to the Truth. Can't you hear His call, the knocks in the door? Open the door, so the Truth may dwell within you.
Come, whoever you are and from wherever you are, come, rich or poor, master or servant, come!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-02-2020, 06:59 AM
Beratinho Beratinho is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 12
 
I havent stopped it it was just a small concern and it became bigger when i saw that article that says that actually maditation can increase the count of the white cells
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-02-2020, 12:18 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,113
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beratinho
I havent stopped it it was just a small concern and it became bigger when i saw that article that says that actually maditation can increase the count of the white cells

Hmm, I think I took your OP out of context? Reading this post and doing a quick Google and i do see meditation, and specifically TM, can increase white cell count slightly. One theory is it's a simple response to lowered stress levels.

I suppose this requires an apology for my reprimand of ThatMan.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums