Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 25-01-2013, 10:56 AM
muthink

Bunny Found the only book to really tell people what Kriya Yoga actually is:

I read a look of books ABOUT Kriya Yoga, but almost no one mentions WHAT it actually IS. I also found some techniques on the Internet, but it was not clear how to really practice them. Some "Gurus" want lots of money and I have to travel far to get Kriya. SRF makes you wait a year after buying their lessons and you have to join their religion. I only wanted to try the techniques out and see if they worked.
So, this is the only book I could find: Kriya Secrets Revealed. You can order it from Amazon or from this link: createspace.com/3961018
There is no electronic version unfortunately, just the paperback.
-Peace
Old 30-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Moksha

I do Kriya Yoga twice a day, people shouldn't practice Kriya without the Guidance of a God ordained Guru. Yogananda himself stated this, it can be dangerous without Guidance because it involves the control of the Life force and other energies.

If you want to do Kriya properly, Pray for a Guru
Old 30-01-2013, 08:50 AM
muthink

Angel1 Yes I did

I did pray for a Guru for a very long time. The answer came finally loud and clear that the Guru is always within all of us. You must simply believe it.

It is a false doctrine to believe the True Guru is a man, a fallible human being. Now, a guru, or instructor in Kriya is helpful and my be required by some, but not by all.

An instructor is always a man or woman (i.e. human being in physical form)
But Sadguru is Eternal. There is only one Sadguru for all beings in the entire universe. Mistaking Sadguru for guru is a stumbling block for many.
I have read everything that Lahiri has written and he also confirms this, in my opinion. But others have a different interpretations. I respect their interpretation. Times have also changed a lot since Lahiri was in the body.

I think it is a matter of spiritual maturity. If you think you need a physical guru, then you probably do. If you know better, then you don't need one. You know that you have one right inside you.

I suppose it also depends upon how well one's intuition is developed. If one's intuition is non-existent then you need a guru. If you have a little bit of it, you can get instruction from within the Kutastha.

Can Kriya be dangerous? I suppose yes, if the person has not the right attitude. Spiritual states must be integrated with daily living. There must be balance. Individuals who belong to no religion or who are alone or have no one to discuss problems they are having with others are at danger. Those with a past history of mental problems or those with weak minds are at danger. But is Kriya 100% dangerous for all people? No, not at all.
Old 30-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Moksha

Its a false doctrine? Say that to Mahavatar Babaji who created Kriya Yoga.

Every true master has had a Guru in one shape or form.

To say you dont need a Guru just proves the Bondage to your own Ego.
Old 30-01-2013, 12:58 PM
muthink

Babaji did not create Kriya Yoga

There are many different explanations as to who Babaji is, but one thing for sure is that Babaji did not create Kriya. Nor did he name it. It is eternal.
The first explanation of Babaji was that he was a renunciant who ran a hermitage in Ranikhet.
Then people heard Lahiri one day say Babaji was Krishna and so they assumed he was Krishna reincarnated.
Then many other tales followed after that, yet in all the writings of Lahiri we find no evidence for these tales.
I have a Guru. He is the greatest Guru of all. I bow to Him at all times. He is Krishna. But who is Krishna?
Who is Krishna? Who is the Supreme Person?
Our little mind struggles with anthropomorphic conceptions. You either understand or do not.
Ego exists automatically in the dual state. In the non-dual, it is simply no longer present. One must taste the Transcendental State of Kriya or he does not understand. Words cannot do it justice. Either you have tasted that state, have met the formless Guru or you have not and still believe he is a man and still believe external bowing achieves anything spiritually speaking. But one time in Samadhi is like 1000 times bowing to a holy man.
When you are not in the Transcendental State you are evil and full of ego. When you are in the state, you cannot write. God can write through you, but you are not acting.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Racer X

What is Kriya Yoga ?

I had no answer .........

Out of a calm inner stillness came "A Love for God so great, no-thing can get in the way"

I wish to stop /// but it does not~

What is your hearts true calling?

Home~!

Put aside all terms and look inward knowing your answer is ever inside you~

Do not ignore the outer though ..... as the inner and outer merge into one~
Old 29-06-2013, 05:42 PM
MarkHerry

I heard about this yoga type. It is really good and has so many benefits. I never tried it but i heard a lot. So i think it is good to get some training of this yoga type.
Old 21-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Anandini.Devotee

These techniques are not supposed to be given to people freely. I will not give you my own techniques unless you become close to me and my guru allows. But i will say its simular to this. http://goarticles.com/article/Techni...Steps/1837674/ i dont think it should be secret in this new era of people waking up.

I will add by saying that kriya is the ancient yoga. The one that modern yoga has mistranslated and monopolized off of. It was never supposed to be a workout routine. Most yogis NEVER DO AN ASANA. Please spread this around because people calling that yoga is a shame to all the great masters of the himalayas. Please give them their yoga back!
Old 27-04-2014, 12:57 PM
hritpadma

Kriya Secrets Revealed, J.C. Stevens is an excellent book.