Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 17-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Experiencer
Seeing the hand but NOT waking up

Hi everyone! I decided to try lucid dreaming and focuse my attention from astral projection to this experience. The unexpected LD I had a month or so ago probably had to do with it since I became curious enough to try and learn it. Now to jump straight to what happened. I am surprised how quick it worked, especially since I didn't even try to really start working on it. All I did was decided to use hand reality checks among others and I explained them to some friends and my brother. All in all I did it maybe 5 times in a row of a week. Funny enough here I am strolling down the street in my dreams, and I don't know why or how but something makes me question my reality and mind you my reality checks are times for when I go through doors and here I was in the open. Anyway I remember thinking Ill just check my hand and bingo I check it and its crazy as hell with 7 fingers and the first and last two going in a funny direction. I realize when I see it that this not right and I say to myself, I am dreaming multiple times. I also check my hand multiple times to confirm this, but here is the catch. Nothing happens. Well at least nothing of such significance that I could say I am awake now, I do not get this feeling I did last time when I realised I am in dreams and I could say I woke up 100%. Instead I am still in my dreams as if waiting to wake up because I knew this has to happen, checking my hand from time to time but nothing happens. There was no real transition no real difference to perception. No sudden shift in experience like before. So i stand there and I seem to decide that well I might not be dreaming, perhaps that is what hand really is.... The thing is I keep thinking about the hand further down the dreams and abiut how I am dreaming whicj is a funny thing to do when you don't know you are dreaming and I recall myself saying somewhere in dreams that it did not work because I was allready conscious to some level and was allready making conscious decisions without having ti realise it is a dream... Now, would that be possible? Or how would you explain hand not working, or is that even common?

Thing is I usually react in my dreams very often when I get unpleasant dreams with a certain degree of knowledge that it is just a dream, which allows me to change it completely, without me actually waking up in dreams and having LD. How is this possible?? I am excited about how I remembered to look at my hand but a bit disappointed I was not able to follow through as it seems.

Last edited by Azmond : 17-10-2016 at 11:07 AM. Reason: mistype in the Title
Old 17-10-2016, 11:08 AM
Master
i'm thinking that your subconscious is wanting to convey a message to you.
it's allowed you to "awaken" (consciously realize) that you are/were in a
dream, but that's just the first step. you'll probably have the same experience
again in short order, but instead of attempting to direct the action, look for
what information is being brought to you.
[that's my advice, for what it's worth]
Old 18-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Experiencer
I understand your advice and I agree with what you said. I think in general it is better to be just a conscious observer and explore the dream world that your subconscious mind set up. I am not all big with going other places and trying to create my own stuff inside the dream until I explore what is already present a great deal and I am able to learn a lot from my subconscious mind. All that being said, my question was directed more at the practical matter of waking up inside a dream, as I am not sure if I actually woke up, even after seeing my hand and realizing it is a dream. It just felt like I was only dreaming myself being aware of me dreaming, and not really waking up.
Old 18-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Well, you don't actually wake up in a dream, but you get aware that you are dreaming.

If you are not up to visiting places, then probably there is something that you would like to try in this dream world.
Maybe something that you always wanted to do but could not, or haven't found time to do it yet.

Going into dream world, only to gain access of it, you will find yourself in it, bored and not knowing what to do.
A Plan ahead is always usefull.

When doing reality checks, you can add some things that you want to do in the dream.
Like when watching your hand, say i am going to visit pyramids.
Or going to see what will happen in the morning,when i awake.
Or go visit your friends and talk with them, with the intention to see if they have dreamed of you that night.
Or i want to meet my guardian Angels, and My higher self/Holy Spirit or God.
Or i want to know what would be different, if i didn't (did) do something in a past.

How about going to every Planet and taking a few jumps there, just to see the difference between earth and them ?

There are many possibilities, just choose one.
Old 19-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Well, you don't actually wake up in a dream, but you get aware that you are dreaming.

If you are not up to visiting places, then probably there is something that you would like to try in this dream world.
Maybe something that you always wanted to do but could not, or haven't found time to do it yet.

Going into dream world, only to gain access of it, you will find yourself in it, bored and not knowing what to do.
A Plan ahead is always usefull.

When doing reality checks, you can add some things that you want to do in the dream.
Like when watching your hand, say i am going to visit pyramids.
Or going to see what will happen in the morning,when i awake.
Or go visit your friends and talk with them, with the intention to see if they have dreamed of you that night.
Or i want to meet my guardian Angels, and My higher self/Holy Spirit or God.
Or i want to know what would be different, if i didn't (did) do something in a past.

How about going to every Planet and taking a few jumps there, just to see the difference between earth and them ?

There are many possibilities, just choose one.

Oh, don't get me wrong I have a billion things I want to do, when I somewhat master becoming aware in my dreams, or at least become proficient in it. What to do is not a problem for me. However I wish for now to put all those things aside, until I am able to became aware on will, and also to control the dream as long as I want it. I have no real pleasure exploring a off world location if the dream is blurred because of my lack of control, or if I get so excited I loose my awareness. Even before all that, I want to first explore my own world created by my own subconscious. I want to learn more about my soul. If that takes me on a wild adventure, then I am 100% up for it.

I haven't had any waking up as of last experience, but I am mostly trying to remember my dreams now an working on a journal and its going nicely.

all that being said, I am looking for a simple explanation what should actually happen when you look at your own hand. Is it possible you don't really became aware of yourself dreaming, even though you say to yourself :"I am dreaming"? What I think happened in my case is, that I actually got aware for a moment, but I wasn't ready and I did not stabilize my awareness and the dream, so I was just waiting to became aware and I actually missed it.
I think that occurred because the first time I got my lucid dreams were when I heard my partner snoring, sleeping next to me, through my dreams and when I realized it I become aware in my dreams fully, to the point there was no doubt I am aware. It was instant and also very clear, where could also feel my body lying in my bed, but I was able to return to dream like watching a 3D immersive movie. I was waiting for this to happen when I saw my hand in the last experience, but when the experience afterwards was different I think I missed it.
Old 19-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Deactivated Account
The hand is only a reminder.
A trigger which allows you to become aware of the dreaming state.

usually people don't question their reality. If you do it often, it will, at some point, be reflected in your dreams.

When this happens, you will experience the Dream as if you were personally there.
The best thing is, as you said, to train the state in which you are now: just observe it, and try to direct your attention to specific things in there.

If you see a car, then try to focus (lightly) on that car, or building, or specific crossing. (Focus = To direct your attention to the things you see)

This will help you even further, by allowing you to fully understand the Dream world, and to Gain the full access of it, like you were acting in the waking state.

Dreams can be used as Jumping help into Astral, so at some time the Dream world might just vanish (this is specific,you will recognize it) and you will be in the OBE state.

Quote:
I was able to return to dream like watching a 3D immersive movie. I was waiting for this to happen when I saw my hand in the last experience, but when the experience afterwards was different I think I missed it.

The reason for not having the experience or clarity of the Dream is the State of the Sleep.
If you are sleeping lightly, the dream would be rather blurry, and the happenings would resembe the world outside your body (sounds from the outside would infuence the dream)

Then there is a state in which you still recognize the outer world, but you are able to drift more into relaxed state and your dreaming will be better.

And at last, the state where you are completely gone. Deep Sleep. In this state you will have great quality of the Dreams.

here are some tips on how to improve Dreaming state.
Old 19-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
The hand is only a reminder.
A trigger which allows you to become aware of the dreaming state.

usually people don't question their reality. If you do it often, it will, at some point, be reflected in your dreams.

When this happens, you will experience the Dream as if you were personally there.
The best thing is, as you said, to train the state in which you are now: just observe it, and try to direct your attention to specific things in there.

If you see a car, then try to focus (lightly) on that car, or building, or specific crossing. (Focus = To direct your attention to the things you see)

This will help you even further, by allowing you to fully understand the Dream world, and to Gain the full access of it, like you were acting in the waking state.

Dreams can be used as Jumping help into Astral, so at some time the Dream world might just vanish (this is specific,you will recognize it) and you will be in the OBE state.

The reason for not having the experience or clarity of the Dream is the State of the Sleep.
If you are sleeping lightly, the dream would be rather blurry, and the happenings would resembe the world outside your body (sounds from the outside would infuence the dream)

Then there is a state in which you still recognize the outer world, but you are able to drift more into relaxed state and your dreaming will be better.

And at last, the state where you are completely gone. Deep Sleep. In this state you will have great quality of the Dreams.

here are some tips on how to improve Dreaming state.

Thanks, I believe this will help me!