Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 01-08-2018, 04:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Yes, this is it - and here the presence of an Elder or ‘Guru’ comes in handy.
Even the most ‘hair raising’ shifts with the Elder present can be smooth as silk and as natural as if nothing is happening – just the normal order of things.

the guru i have experinced can help make the transition much smoother. i couldnt agree more. if nothing is happenng yes something can still be happening. i agree but i wouldn't look at that as how it is always. most often i experience that with a teacher if im feeling nothing its because not much is happening. the teachers with a lot of power you will feel without question in my experiences. others to whom i have known on my journey. its really not uncommmon in the least to feel some pains as the chakras especially where one is weak become stretched out.

the joke at an ashram i was once at is so and so slept through the whole thing and got it. and they did. the power can put someone to sleep as it works through the system. there is some adjusting as the process unfolds. from extreme bliss to extreme sleep. some people have a lot of shakti(feminine, current,bliss). some have a lot of shiva(masculine,silence). silence puts one to sleep. bliss brings one to joy. the student may have more bliss or more silence that they open up to. its really unique in ways from teacher to teacher and student to student.

as i have mentioned before i am predominantly feminine and silence comes to me from her. i can lean his way but she is more accessible and more to my liking. but one brings the other.

anyways im just adding my thoughts and experiences to the topic.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 01-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
continued response about bliss, silence and depth

the other day i leaned over to silence during meditation. leaning that way i found more of a loss of identity and a loss of time. nothing wrong with leaning that way. but i dont believe one is greater than another. one is more popular at one place. the other more popular in another place. this is where spirituality is left for politics from what i can gather. one as i believe you know is the opposite side of the same coin.

What might happen if you actually leaned towards the loss of ID and loss of time as your focus? Have you tried this?

The way your describing your experience it seems to me that you haven't integrated the depth of all sides in yourself as one source?

I may be assuming here so I apologize if I am.

If all sides are opened and your fully aware of yourself as all sides, I imagine that you wouldn't be focused on any one point, more that you would be moving aware and balanced through the whole stream. So nothing stands out as such as your experience but your very aware of everything you can experience through your changing nature as one.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
What might happen if you actually leaned towards the loss of ID and loss of time as your focus? Have you tried this?

The way your describing your experience it seems to me that you haven't integrated the depth of all sides in yourself as one source?

I may be assuming here so I apologize if I am.

If all sides are opened and your fully aware of yourself as all sides, I imagine that you wouldn't be focused on any one point, more that you would be moving aware and balanced through the whole stream. So nothing stands out as such as your experience but your very aware of everything you can experience through your changing nature as one.

i think you read over wherr i sshared mh experience that way. silence is very much a part of my experience. one brings the other.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 13-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Master
Lot’s of good stuff in this thread.
Old 14-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Lot’s of good stuff in this thread.

What have you gained since opening this thread?
Old 14-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Master
Love and happiness :)
Old 16-04-2019, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Love and happiness :)

Was it missing previous to this thread?
Old 26-04-2019, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Was it missing previous to this thread?

Of course not but as you remove more of your obstructions you realize more of what was there. As you change, those around you change as well.

Hence, more love and happiness :)
Old 26-04-2019, 05:45 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Self Liberation through Seeing with Naked Awareness

Now, when you are introduced (to your own intrinsic awareness), the method for entering into it involves three considerations:

Thoughts in the past are clear and empty and leave no traces behind.

Thoughts in the future are fresh and unconditioned by anything.

And in the present moment, when (your mind) remains in its own condition without constructing anything,

awareness, at that moment, in itself is quite ordinary.

And when you look into yourself in this way nakedly (without any discursive thoughts),

Since there is only this pure observing, there will be found a lucid clarity without anyone being there who is the observer;

only a naked manifest awareness is present.

(This awareness) is empty and immaculately pure, not being created by anything whatsoever.

It is authentic and unadulterated, without any duality of clarity and emptiness.

It is not permanent and yet it is not created by anything.

However, it is not a mere nothingness or something annihilated because it is lucid and present.

It does not exist as a single entity because it is present and clear in terms of being many.

(On the other hand) it is not created as a multiplicity of things because it is inseparable and of a single flavor.

This inherent self-awareness does not derive from anything outside itself.

This is the real introduction to the actual condition of things.

enjoyed #7 here.
Old 27-04-2019, 06:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
as you remove more of your obstructions you realize more of what was there. As you change, those around you change as well.

Hence, more love and happiness :)

Yea true it is just there naturally.

(This awareness) is empty and immaculately pure, not being created by anything whatsoever.
It is authentic and unadulterated, without any duality of clarity and emptiness.
It is not permanent and yet it is not created by anything.