Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Experiencer

Luke 3 6 All men shall see the salvation of God.

Why do people say that if you do not become a Christian you will burn in hell for all eternity? scripture does not say that. If people were going to burn in hell then God would not say that all men will see his salvation, think about it.
Old 28-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Master
May I add:

Salvation is the latest and most notorious translation from later manuscripts.

Luke, Matthew, and Mark all wrote about "liberation". All men shall see the liberation from God.

This means the world at large will be liberated from the forces of this world. This does not just mean death and going to the after-life it means a living reality on this earth. The world will reach the summit of universal peace.

The burning in hell thing was Jesus talking in vague terms. Jesus uses the word Hades and Gehenna, a dump outside of Jerusalem. He usually says the hypocrites and religious Pharisees are destined for this place because there is no truth in them.

The burning in Gehenna or Hades is a place of the dead, Sheol. So Jesus is saying that those who suffer in this life from the hell they created will go to Sheol with that hell within themselves.
Old 28-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
Why do people say that if you do not become a Christian
you will burn in hell for all eternity?
I'd say ignorance....or parroting what they have heard?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Why do people say that if you do not become a Christian you will burn in hell for all eternity? scripture does not say that. If people were going to burn in hell then God would not say that all men will see his salvation, think about it.
The apostle Paul wrote much of the New Testament and describes a death as punishment for sin which is avoided by faith in Jesus. He doesn't talk about an eternal hell, but more of an eternal death which some interpret as total annihilation. There are also arguments based on New Testament verses that Jesus' sacrifice for all people automatically excludes all from God's wrath.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Master
These are arguments from Paul but we find out that Paul only wrote a quarter of his writings.

Everything in the New Testament is a poorly copied down Oral Tradition that was then revised over 350 times from the 3rd Century to the 21st Century.

God's Wrath in Gospel of John is John's theology and personal disgust against the Jews. John was an outcast Jewish writer who wrote for the Gentile Christians at large.

Paul never knew Jesus and never knew about the Gospels. Why? because the Gospels were written AFTER Paul was killed and they have no connection to one another.

The Theology of Mark-Matthew-Luke and Theology of Paul are at odds. Paul is a mystic who speaks from the realm of mysticism. You can NOT take Paul historically true. He spoke from mystical experience. For him Christ died on a Cross and Resurrected. Paul knew nothing of Jesus' birth, baptism, ministry, healing, exorcisms, etc. Paul just knew that Christ died and resurrected. For all we know Paul may have been using the Jewish Rabbi Jesus as synonymous with his Mystical Eternal Christ. We see two traditions being fused together in Paul- one is the Mystery Religion of the ancients, and the Jewish historical Rabbi Jesus of Nazareth.

So for Paul, it is the divine Christ which is the eternal salvation and who is resurrected into new life. Paul speaks from a more meditative, contemplated, mystical viewpoint. To him whether Jesus existed as a human doesn't matter. What matters is that Christ has died, Christ is risen, and Christ will come again. This is the affirmation of many future Christian mystics. It has nothing to do with the Man Jesus of Nazareth.

For Mark/Matthew/Luke- the exclusion from God's Wrath through Jesus' atonement can only been seen in light of the Jewish theology. Jesus comes as a suffering messiah who puts himself on the line and martyrs himself for truth. For Mark Jesus ends the animal sacrifices to wash away sin. For Matthew, Jesus' death seals the old covenant and opens the new one. For Luke, Jesus' death covers all sin. The purpose in general is that whoever joins in with Jesus and accepts his martyrdom and live by his example will no longer sin and will become perfect and enter new life before and after personal death.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:

You’re so right, there is NO “hellfire”, it’s a false teaching. many ministers who WANTS tobelieve they’re sent by Jehovah God or Jesus. When actually ,they sent by satan, (2Cor. 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works). All ANYONE has to do is research the origins of hell. But it seems many really don’t want to know the truth.

They misunderstood what Jesus said, IF,,, those are EXACTLY his words, (Matt. 5:29,30 and Matt. 5:21-3, “raca” basically mean worthless). So do anyone ACTUALLY believe they will go to hellfire, just for calling someone worthless?! Even if they’re basically trying to live in a way pleasing to Jehovah God? Then Jesus said this at, ( Matt. 25:41 “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels”). I ask this question ALL THE TIME, I thought the demons ALREADY live in a hellfire?! Again when Jesus speak of fire in this manner, he meant TOTAL DESTRUCTION. He , Jehovah Gd, and ALL spirit beings, knows humans understand what fire does, DESTROYS!

Rev. 20:10-15, speaks of “the devil and false prophets, being cast into the lakes of fire and brimstone, to be tormented day and night for ever and ever”. But Jehovah didn’t mean in a literal sense. Because he doesn’t make ANYONE SUFFER, the way man sees it. Verse 14 says ,”And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire”. QUESTION…again! , if demons live in a fiery place called hell, what is the lakes of fire, that’s even destroying a “fiery place? It’s NOT a literal place either, The lakes of fire is symbolic to total destruction. There will soon be NO demons, NO false prophets, NO wickedness, and NO deaths. Which is where the “HELL” comes in, because it’s ONLY A RESTING PLACE, for the dead.

David, a faithful servant of Jehovah God, knew this back in the days of old ,( Psa. 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption). And here ,( Psa. 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there). He says if he goes to Heaven, God’s there, just as he’s in hell. here he meant he will be in Jehovah God's heart and mind, he will be resurrected. NOTICE, David said…”: if I make my bed in hell”. He knew he might die, death to the Heavenly being, AND!, many of Jehovah’s servants, ONLY means sleep ,(Matt. 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose). Here what Jonah said concerning “hell” ,( Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly. And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice).

First!... he was in a fish belly, NOT some fiery place underground. Secondly, he didn’t mention ANYTHING, that’ll make one believe he was with demons, and OTHER tortured wicked people. AGAIN, HELL IS only A PLACEOF REST, for the dead. OR… a place where the dead are resting. I say this because many bodies are under water. Many already know satan had his men add or removes certain things concerning God’s word. This makes it harder for many to believe the actual truth. Satan doesn’t want us to know ALL the truth, because he knows even accepting some of it. Will lead mankind to partly following the world, (1John 2:15,16 ,James 4:4). Something we SHOULDN’T do because it’ll mean our life. And if we continually REFUSE to believe the truth,. Jehovah God will HELP, us believe the lies we choose to. Which means we WILL be destroyed, (2 Thess. 2:10-12). peace
Old 03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Guide

I was told by some Fundies that I would go to hell for saying that I didn't believe that atheism is a sin.

I think they throw out the hell fire threats when they have run out of rational arguments.

The hell fire doctrine is for me a form of spiritual terrorism. This is especially the case when it is shoved upon children.

I was bought up on the doctrine of hell fire. This is making it more difficult for me to accept my own innocence and divinity.

I am learning to transform my fear of Hell into Love.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Master
The fundies are losing it because their power is coming to an end. They only thrive in southern United States. Europe does not tolerate their ****, neither does Russia, China, Japan, etc. I worry about Africa. They have a lot of Islamic extremists that do unspeakable things. And the same goes to parts of the Middle-East.

If fundalmentalists had their way statistics have shown that their laws would result to violence and aggressive capital punishment.

People forget that just back in the 80s when the gay communities were opening up you had preachers in the South expressing the death penalty to homosexuals.

That is sick, evil, and disgusting.

I hate to say it but to save the innocent they need to be blotted out of existence. It will take another 30-50 years. We need to keep educating the young and exposing them to all sorts of knowledge and think for themselves.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Nothing quite like solidifying your position by threatening eternal torture for those who disagree and in some cases believe slightly differently.

Eternal damnation is the biggest lie that has infiltrated Christianity. Damnation? Sure. Punishment? Sure. But eternal damning punishment? Nah. Origen, one of the most skilled biblical interpreters believed that even Satan would be forgiven eventually.

P.S. I love reading your posts Amilius!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Master
Thank you Animus! Best compliment one can receive!

And I agree with your entire post on damnation and punishment.

We have such unjust judges on this planet. How could God stoop so low to even their logic?

I am not saying God is the whole judge thing but you know what I mean. Punishment needs to fit the crime.

A yogi once said- "A finite cause can not create an infinite effect".

That makes so much sense especially people who commit crimes.

Do I think Charles Manson will be punished in some afterlife state? Yes.
Do I think what he did no matter how horrible it was would result in "infinite eternal damnation"? No. It doesn't fit the cause.

That is why your post Animus is dead on!!