Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Thanks Angels Eyes. I feel doubt again now.
I'm no longer sure that Jesus is the right path this afternoon. Oh well.......
Oh, Honza, thank you so much ...that gave me the biggest belly laugh...
My first of the day....I love it.
I don't think you can go "wrong" with Jesus though.....
How about Jesus, plus read the Gita and the Sufi mystics and anything else that
Is inspiring...be eclectic!

But whatever, practicing feeling the Divine Presence is a pretty neat Path, too...
And non denominational...no borders...no definitions...just feel the Divine all around you and
In you...just an idea.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Exactly. People need to spend their time meditating upon and understanding that. It would save them a whole lot of fruitless searching and a great deal of angst.

How about instead of telling others how it is, you simply discuss how your own experiences have helped you to see that way. Otherwise it all comes across rather smug and judgmental for those of us searching so fruitlessly and with the "uneaccary angst".

I have no problem with with the pain I have suffered, despite what you claim of others, I see it to of been a necessary path ... I reject the belief of the mothers.

Good luck helping others.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Christ Consciousness in the sense of enlightenment is just NOT the same thing as being with Jesus Christ in spirit. I have tried them both and they are COMPLETELY different.

I am LOST! I've been wandering around looking for answers - and the only answer that made any sense in the spiritual world is Jesus' touch. Neither my love, nor my faith in Yahveh, nor I AM come even CLOSE to the strength and touch of Jesus.

Without Jesus I am going to remain lost. So I am going to become Christian again and stop trying to either be God myself or trying to save myself with enlightenment. It just does not work. (for me).

good for you Jan. so glad you have found what works for you.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
good for you Jan. so glad you have found what works for you.
You missed Honza's later post where he changed his mind again. In my experience sometimes Christians have a hard time letting go of their roots when they want to believe something different, because Christianity is what they were raised with, and so it feels 'wrong' deep down for them to leave. It's definitely a struggle and I sympathize with those going through it.

Personally I don't know why it has to be one or the other. There are all kinds of things out there to explore, and if you feel comfortable thinking for yourself you can even decide on a mixture.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
You missed Honza's later post where he changed his mind again. In my experience sometimes Christians have a hard time letting go of their roots when they want to believe something different, because Christianity is what they were raised with, and so it feels 'wrong' deep down for them to leave. It's definitely a struggle and I sympathize with those going through it.

Personally I don't know why it has to be one or the other. There are all kinds of things out there to explore, and if you feel comfortable thinking for yourself you can even decide on a mixture.

yep, i did miss that.

Still rootin for ya to find your own true core Jan.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Master
Thankyou very much everybody. I'm glad people understand my predicament. One minute I'm this then I'm that......a bit changeable.

BTW I'm glad I made you laugh Miss Hepburn.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Thanks Angels Eyes. I feel doubt again now. I'm no longer sure that Jesus is the right path this afternoon. Oh well.......

Honza, don't be hard on yourself. It's your journey and if Jesus is meant to be a part of you life, I have no doubt you will eventually see this come to pass.

It took me many, many years to finally feel 'safe'and like I had come 'home'again. For me, well, I am happy. You need to find you way, and it can take time.

Peace be with you.
But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
Old 12-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Master
This is where I am this morning......

The funny thing is that I never was an aetheist as such. I have always believed in God, but I sort of left Christ out of the equation. Even with believing in God, if you leave out Christ you are a bit lost.

I was religious but not Christian. I contemplated Judaism, Paganism, New Ageism, and all manner of possibilities before I started realising that God without Jesus is a dead end street. So as I said I'm coming back! Yipee.

Just need the perseverence to get used to being Christian again.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Gracey

Do you go to church Honza?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Master
Hi Gracey, no I don't. It is something I'm thinking about.