Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradM
I ask because a friend of mine introduced me to this way of life and I'm a gay male. Just Trying to do some research before I give it a try.

When you say you were introduced to "this way of life" what do you mean? What, at the moment, is your understanding, limited though it might be, of kabbalah?

Other than being gay, what else is there about yourself you might be willing to share?

Because we do not have the luxury of sitting across from one another I'm trying to get a feel for who you are and where you are at so I can respond appropriately to you as an individual.

L'shalom,

Peter
Old 12-09-2014, 12:24 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavah
I am interested in learning about Qabala...I am reading, Simplified Qabala Magic by Ted Andrews. This book is very good reading....would some of you in this forum recommend other books I may order from amazon. Being new to Qabala I need the books to be simple and easy to understand....then I can advance to the deeper knowledge later.

Thanks,
Tavah

As an introduction, I would recommend Perle Epstein's book, Kabbalah. Epstein's book gives you insights and quotes from the great Kabbalists in Jewish history.

Epstein indicates that she is a student of Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. His books on Jewish Meditation and "If You Were God" are quite illuminating. Kaplan is awesome. Anything by him is worth reading. His interpretation of the Jewish Prayer "Shema Israel" is what drew me to him in the first place.
Old 24-01-2015, 08:49 PM
yonex83

free cours

There are free courses which you can register for, have a look it

http://eu.kabbalah.info/en_GB/home

not sure if it is the kabbalah you are looking for

this is what they say about it:

Kabbalah is the science that explores man's origins, his purpose in life and the method of achieving a perception of reality beyond the five senses of the body. While dealing with elements currently beyond our perception, it is actually a very practical methodology that can be implemented here and now.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Newbie ;)

I have studied Kabbalah for over two years now but I realised it really wasn't a proper study until I started working with a group. Spiritual transformation gains were few and far between.

I have followed Kabbalistic works by Baal HaSulam (Yehuda Ashlag) and listen to Rav Laitman.

I understand Berg and the Kabbalah Center are something different but I do not know much about what they teach or write in their books.

If someone wouldn't mind sharing their knowledge or experience it would be interesting though.

Regards
Old 19-05-2015, 01:09 PM
NetOfIndra

Why do some people say Kabbalah is evil?

I have some kind of interest in Kabbalah too, it's complicated how it came about in my case. But I was so moved by actually reading about it as to buy a book by Rabbi David Cooper - God is A Verb. I have to say it's take on the events in genesis are fascinating to me and a perspective that, as a Christian I have never been exposed to. I always felt like there was more to the story than I was told.

Now, I've done enough research to know that there is a certain group which mis-uses this knowledge (Illumins/Illuminati) and for bad or darker purposes, especially the Sabbatean/Frankist sects ....which Judaism has had it's own strifes with.

It would just be interesting for me to hear what a Jewish perspective on this is, thanks!

I am still very interested in Kabbalah as I recognize something mystical and powerful when I see it.
Old 24-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Experiencer
OK...many of you now gonna dislike what i have to say especially about the kablablah from bnei baruch what yonex has the link posted from. Kabbalah is not science and has nothing to do with philosophy and orden of golden dawn refer to alister crowley mystic etc.

Those which thinking that children birthday unity games are kabbalah fine welcome to the hipster cult of bnei baruh. Waste all your life there contributing everything you have to the evil doctorine of the self named "rav michael laitman" and their other sub groups like beyahad etc. Get your brain washed every day, every minute with always the same repeating stuff in the hope you will cross the mythical border mahsom which doesn't even does exist. get crazy of it and in the worst case do suicide, sorry for being that harsh but i want to awake or warn you not to do a big mistake. Many peoples of their groups has comitted suicide and they are lying about that and justifying it with the ego. And don't forget always to read shamati one of the mythical writings of rabash which isn't even proven that he wrote these. Bnei baruch is also used to , change the original kabbalah writings for their own control use. Kabbalah has nothing to do with a mass control and politics do you hear the bell ring?

Also one thing, bnei baruh has their volunteers spread all over the world, it is a top organized network which works almost 24/7 a day which includes also to make their links pop up in the google search engine at the first line...
If you are a Bnei baruh member and go doom me now with a lawyer i'm not afraid to tell the truth about you, you cant make me silenced.

Bnei baruh separate itself absolutley from judaism and without judaism kabbalah cant be understand. In my opinion one must have lived a jewish life to understand the deep root of the torah, kabbalah is nothing else then the deeper understanding of it. It's like saying to G-d i only want to receive the half of your gifts you have to offer to me, how would you feel in His place? You cant separate these nor find magic in it, all you will get is a deeper understanding of the relationship with G-d and his unconditional love for His creation. If you use kabbalah in the wrong way it will make you obsessed and crazy like alister crowley. I have seen allot obsessed peoples with a absurd idea what kabbalah is, these peoples are lost until they will awake hopefully.

A very interesting point is also that you can see if it is a true kabbalah teacher is that he never will name himself as such nor spread his wisdom all over the place. Judaism does not convert peoples like the christians as example does. They don't do any missionary for their believe.

Btw Yehuda berg is also a cult.

Yes a real kabbalist lives a jewish life and does hold kosher rules this includes shabbat and every other jewish religious rule otherwise for what you are studying it?
If you are not ready to shomer shabbat, don't even try to study kabbalah because shabbat is the most important day not only for religious also for the kabbalist. Shabbat is one of the most holy mizvah, and mizvot thats what is always talked about in zohar and talmud.
In israel you wont find in any jewish store non cosher food unless you go to the russian stores.

All of this i say and i'm not even jewish, i was once stupid and believed to have found the "truth" and was trapped in the bnei baruh kult baruh ha'shem i have found the truth and i'm free, you don't have to sell your soul in order to gain a soul. Think about it...

Shalom aleihem :)

Last edited by NowIam : 24-05-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 30-05-2015, 02:00 AM
NetOfIndra

While I understand your wariness and suspicion/concern... I myself have resigned myself to the facts; as you've stated in your reply - many will not want to hear - that there is in fact a Jewish plot, conspiracy, whatever you want to call it (at the highest levels), to take over and subjugate the world. You'd have to be blind or, just a moron.. to not see it.

Anyway that isn't the issue. The issue is of Kabbalah. I am not familiar with the Bnei baruch arm of it, but I do not dispute your claims that it is in fact, a cult..with agents spread internationally to recruit people and influence masses with their presence. I'm also privy to the fact that I'm almost 100% sure that what this "Kabbalah" is is not in fact the "real" thing. I know this Kabbalah is a closely kept/guarded secret and ...therefor, what we are receiving publically is only "the tip of the iceberg". I find this ironic and funny because this knowledge was originally meant for everyone to have. It wasn't supposed to be hoarded away for a special people. But we know how the world is now.

Anyway, my interest in Kabbalah transcends all of this mess. It was in my journeys reading about the supposed plots and masons/illuminati that I kept coming across this piece, Kabbalah. The thought occurred to me, I want to know what the most powerful people in the world know and regard so highly. It was as simple as that. And so began my quest into learning about Kabbalah. Not in a million years would I have guessed I'd be studying or concerned with this. Ever. It is the most random thing for me. But they say Truth is stranger that fiction, and that has to be true.
I have to say, from what I've read it's fascinating. I feel the entire western civilization's been deprived for a couple thousand years at least. After the council of Nicea we've only had the dry, external representation of Christianity to feast on - stripped of all the mystical elements. I'm quite sure a large swath of people feel this way. But many just don't know. To say Kabbalah is fully Jewish is in my mind, quite a misnomer. One should technically call it Hermetic Kabbalah, which originated therefor in Egypt..and quite possibly before. This is precisely why I find it so fascinating. This knowledge is so universal it seems.

The more I know, the more I want to know.

I do not believe Kabbalah is evil - this is where I will disagree with you. In my mind and interpretation it is the light of G-d and Ain Soph...infiniteness and all the good that comes with it. I can see much good in Kabbalah, much scripture talks of lovingkindness, gratitude, strength, compassion, love etc.

A hammer is good if you use it to drive nails into the wall.
It becomes bad when you use it to kill, inflict pain, or otherwise maim people.

Unfortunately, I will agree with you - the forces that be at the very top are acting in tyrranical and power hungry ways to their end - and in my view they are severely mistaken in this choice of actions. Therefor their actions in an evil way does not preclude their evil use of Kabbalah.

That's my two cents.
Old 31-05-2015, 03:42 AM
Experiencer
Thank you NetOfIndira for adding what i forgot, i agree with you that kabbalah itself is not a bad tool at all, if it is used in the right way. The problem is that many "Teachers" claim the truth and especially bnei baruh they don't even teach the top of the iceberg. It is totally anti jewish in my eyes even rassistic, laitman does justify the murdering of million jews at the holocaust as example. If you read exactly his blog which has a huge archive you can find these articles.

There are actually different kabbalah teachings out there, even the christians do have some kind of kabbalah or paganistic kabbalah and suffism. That's what i know about but never touched any kabbalah anymore since bnei baruh.

At the time i was study with bnei baruh, the only thing what has always questioned me was why did i always revealed a different knowledge then these which study with them and none ever gave me an answer. Now i know of course because BB kabbalah is a scam the cult is like scientology and nothing else. Maybe one day if i feel the need i will find my answers.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:05 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

This thread is being closed by SF Staff. It has gone way to far south into political debate and discussions on how other countries run. SF is not a place for such discussions.

Please to not start another thread on this topic and keep your feeling of use of house hold items as weapons to yourself in the future.

Lynn

SF Admin