Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Master
I was glad to get out of the church also, when I left they started to pray for me, they breed guilt in the church to keep the people there, while their all huddled together their happy, but when someone thinks for themselves they become confused and cannot understand anyone doing so, I told them not to pray for me, I'm happier than I have ever been, pray for yourselves, you are the ones who need it, you are the ones who believe you crusified Jesus, I will have no part of your guilt trip, its all yours.
Old 20-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
Yeah, and I always felt bad for hating the crucifixion story. It was so violent and horrible, I dreaded Easter service. I remember when the Passion came out and everyone was like, oh you should watch that, it's so good. So I did, and it was just awful! I'm glad I will never see another Easter play in my life!!
I'm glad for you too! For me I'm still working on my self-esteem, probably because it was low even before I was a fundamentalist. It's getting better everyday. I'm learning to deal with the negative feelings inside. For me it works the same way as escaping fundamentalism, I face my thoughts and feelings instead of running from them. I believe that our fears, hurts, anger, etc just need love.
Old 21-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Newfreedom9

I agree psychoslice, I'll never refuse any prayer though. Prayer is a little bit like meditation and affirmation and I think it helps the person praying as much as the person they're praying for.

Seawolf, I totally agree that love conquers all. I still send love to anything I'm afraid of or angry at because it really is stronger then anything else. At first it was crazy hard to love and accept myself just as I am. I used to be awful about beating myself up. I mean about the smallest, stupidest things. Funny how understanding I was of everyone elses faults and still thought I had to be perfect! lol. Now I try to stay more detached, and learn how to improve things in my life, without judging my past choices. After all I'm not the same person I was yesterday.

Plus, I started using affirmations, and even wrote a few affirmation songs on my guitar about loving and accepting myself. And I feel so good singing it (the notes are beautiful too), although I felt a little silly at first. We all need encouragement though, so encouraging ourselves only makes sense.

By the way, I think you're amazing! Anyone who breaks free that way you did and starts carving their own path is freaking awesome.
Old 21-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Master

Thanks that means alot. That's so cool you play guitar and sing affirmations. Encouraging ourselves makes total sense because I think it works. Just being human, there's a whole lot of pain inside and I have thoughts about me and people around me all the time. Whatever I think is coming from *my* mind. When there's a problem or I'm angry or feeling depressed, I have a choice to respond with love to those thoughts,with the perspective that love isn't about trying to change someone else or ourselves, it's just love. I think meditation and prayer does the same thing.
Old 21-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I'm happier than I have ever been, pray for yourselves, you are the ones who need it
I think when people are praying and saying positive things about you in the prayer, I would say it's good, but not when they're doing it to try to change me to their beliefs. I think it's pretty rude.
Old 21-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I think when people are praying and saying positive things about you in the prayer, I would say it's good, but not when they're doing it to try to change me to their beliefs. I think it's pretty rude.
Yes I agree, and that is what I meant, its just so arrogant, they think they know all the answers, when in fact they really know nothing.
Old 21-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Newfreedom9

I think when people pray they mostly have a good intention in heart. I think they're so brainwashed that it's not so much arrogance as it is misunderstanding. They think they're doing good. So that's what matters most to me. Of course, this is a blanket statement.. lol. I just see the good in everyone, there are some who wouldn't fit in and just want to change you. Which, yeah, is rude.

I'm starting to see how incredibly important free will is. As long as someone is not hurting anyone, they should definitely be left the heck alone!! lol. What annoyed me was when people kept telling me I needed to get back into church. If religion was "it" then everyone would just encourage people to seek the truth, and not worry about them being in church. They would think, "oh well if you look for truth, you'll find it leads back here, so happy searching love!" Instead it's like, "Get back in the church right now young lady, or you'll be in deep trouble. No, no! Don't look into that, don't look there, whatever you do don't listen to him, don't go there!!!" It's really funny that I didn't see how fear driven it was.
Old 21-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
Yes, I totally agree, people are people. So simple. I'm curious, did you have to leave your family and friends too? Were you completely surrounded by Christians, and what started it all for you? How did you escape?
Ha! You told them?
I still have my Christians friends, bec I would NEVER tell them, lol.

They are too embedded in there beliefs, God bless 'em.
They would feel sorry for me...it would not advance them...I would have no
good motive to shake their world.

They always knew I didn't like crowds, thus church. They didn't care.

But, tell them Jesus did not die for my sins and blood sacrifice was a
Primitive, made up, nutty thing?
That what is being taught....for centuries is not true...the Bible has been tampered with?
Ha, no way...I still follow Jesus' instructions...so I never told them anything.
I sure don't bring up anything about Krishna or Guru Nanak, Kabir, Hafiz,
Paramahansa Yogananda...I come here for that.

Just how I did it...hope all turns out ok. Much love.

Oh loved...we were bigoted,,, delusional---****....tell them there is no "sin" or
Hell?...Yeah, right!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Master

When someone tries to convert me I just say thanks but I'm ok. Unless they get nasty I'm not going to confront them about it. One thing I noticed though is the road to hell can be paved with good intentions. Think about someone who's son or daughter starts thinking and the parents believe he/she is headed for damnation. The parents are cut to the heart about it, but is that really a result of love? The child has been rejected based on religious preference and is treated like they're doing something bad because they want to think. If it's really based in love, why would they treat their own child that way? In reality it's bigotry. The child still loves his/her parents and has to deal with the pain the parents have caused.
Old 21-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Newfreedom9

Miss Hepburn... I actually didn't tell them for a while. I just said less and less around them, because there was less and less stuff I could say without causing controversy. But when I went through the whole dark night of the soul thing, I really needed to be alone, for a few months actually. And when you see people every week, well they kinda want to know why you're avoiding them. So I gave them the short version, actually gave my twin sister the short version because she genuinely wanted to know. And of course she told everyone else, which was fine with me. I really only want to be around people, that I can be myself around. If I have to pretend to be someone else.. it's not cool. I've never been that kind of person. So I see them occasionally now, like about once a month. My twin sister treats me the same and accepts me for the most part. She's always accepted me. My other sisters, well not so much. I can see in their eyes that they're not happy with me. But I would rather it be this way then pretend I haven't changed.

Seawolf... road to hell lol. I think that's a total myth. In fact did you know there are 3 words that are translated "hell" in the Bible, and the one that's mostly used simply means the place of the dead? Then again, I have to agree, because it's a living hell to be condemned and caged like that. It's not love to judge and trap your offspring because of your fears. It's sad that people think it is.