Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-08-2012, 05:27 PM
mightything

i just hate when some churches are like they're way is the only way.
like my auntie recently died. and at her thingy. funeral/wake thingy.
the church people basically made it seem like if we werent devout to christianity and followed the same way. we would never seen her again. and that just rubbed me the wrong way.
it so closed minded. in some ways the church is like a cult. but when you find one thats about freedom and being who you are. its refreshing.
to me at the end of the day its about being a good person. but not because your scared to go to hell. or because someone told you to be. or a good person by societies standpoints.
i believe its very possible to tread in darkness your whole life and never forsake your core purity.

alot of things that are accepted today are actually corrupted and corrupting.

i also have the weird idea that hell might be better than heaven.
more freedom. but im not going to either when i cut out.
Old 28-08-2012, 02:00 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Hi everyone

After a recent Christian retreat I really want to go to church again. I spent a lot of time in a church while there and it brought me such peace. I'm not strictly a Christian - my beliefs are very wide and emcompass most aspects of spirituality. I think most religions contain elements of truth.

I'm a bit worried I'd feel a hypocrite since I don't actually believe Jesus is the son of God. I do believe that he existed and the crucifixtion happened, but I think this was to show everyone who we really are rather than to be worshipped himself. I hope this doesn't offend anyone as I have respect for all faiths.

Would it be right to attend church knowing what I don't believe? If I'm getting something out of going regardless of that? Is anyone else in this sort of situation?

My suggestion is to be receptive to the teachings of Jesus. Anyone can claim themselves as a believer. But it is another to walk the walk, and it first begins with the talk, Jesus is Lord, and so He must Lord over your life. Otherwise, it's just talk.

I'm basically from a hard liner church, it's Jesus' way or else it is a burger king religion, serving it your own way, but then that would bring to light the Scriptures stating that many will call Him Lord in the final day.....
Old 28-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Hi everyone

You may be self-consciously seeking , not knowing it. Many people don’t believe Jesus or stories of the bible are real, that’s what satan wants , (2Cor. 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them). Satan knows it can cost us our lives, because he Knows Jehovah God WANTS us to believe in Jesus ,(John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him).

Jesus was sent here NOT only to die for mankind, but to teach us about his Father ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). Jehovah God, whether you’re seeking or not, knows your true intentions. If you feel the need to go, then you should, You may be one he’s choosing , (Matt. 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen). Paul believed in a God, but he didn’t believe Jesus was the son sent by God. Until Jesus from Heaven got a whole to him, and made him his true servant, (Acts 8:3,4 and Acts 9:1-20). peace

Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Well I am going tomorrow morning...wish me luck! (If luck is appropriate in this context!). I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 28-02-2013, 03:39 AM
goldie08

My favourite author has said, "It doesn't matter whether you go to church or not, you take God with you anyhow." This means God is within you no matter where you go, for we are made in His image.

The Divine Presence is not here, or there, IT is everywhere!
Old 28-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Master
Agree with everything above Goldie!

I will like to add that confession in Jesus as the Son of God is misunderstood among people nowadays.

Son of God meant for the early Christians- "The chosen one of God". This means that to them everyone was a potential son of God, but Jesus became the unique Son of God. This meant that the messiah would be a unique Son, someone who reformed the world at large. Jesus' claimed to be the Son of God in the sense that he had a special connection with the Supreme Being. It had nothing to do with the "virgin birth doctrine" or "Divine Incarnation" or any of those things.

I firmly believe Jesus to be the Son of God without any religious flavor in that sentence. He was the one who was opening a new covenant or should we say a new-consciousness and Way which was the Kingdom of God all around us and the kingdom of heaven within us.

This goes hand in hand with what Goldie is saying.

But you are right about the crucifixion. It was a way of demonstrating soul immortality. But it was also Jesus' way of martyring himself for the Truth and Way he expressed so that future generations would see what their horrible injustice did to God's Messiah and thus turn away from evil and turn towards good and righteousness. And if one bore the injustice of others by Jesus' example they too would inherit the eternal bliss.

Technically we crucify the Christ-Spirit every time we mistreat and harm one another. That is the overall point.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Hi everyone

After a recent Christian retreat I really want to go to church again. I spent a lot of time in a church while there and it brought me such peace. I'm not strictly a Christian - my beliefs are very wide and emcompass most aspects of spirituality. I think most religions contain elements of truth.

I'm a bit worried I'd feel a hypocrite since I don't actually believe Jesus is the son of God. I do believe that he existed and the crucifixtion happened, but I think this was to show everyone who we really are rather than to be worshipped himself. I hope this doesn't offend anyone as I have respect for all faiths.

Would it be right to attend church knowing what I don't believe? If I'm getting something out of going regardless of that? Is anyone else in this sort of situation?

Perhaps the story of Jesus is both~!

Yogananda returned to India via Europe and the Holy Land in 1935-36 , Jesus appeared to him and clarified a great deal to him...........

Yogananda wrote extensively about his experiences in "The Second Coming Of Christ: The Resurrection of the Christ within You" ; I think will find your Miracle shortly after reading it!