Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Gracey

for all we know, our universe (that we can see) is in a super duper giant black hole. ;) the beauty and fun of space science,,,,imagination.
Old 27-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Scibat

According to current scientific thought, there is no force working towards slowing the universe towards any sort of expansion, and it will continue to expand at an accelerated rate until in many billions of years it essentially dies a "heat death" as all stars and other bodies burn out and move so far away from one another that the universe can no longer sustain any sort of motion or life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe
Old 27-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
According to current scientific thought, there is no force working towards slowing the universe towards any sort of expansion, and it will continue to expand at an accelerated rate until in many billions of years it essentially dies a "heat death" as all stars and other bodies burn out and move so far away from one another that the universe can no longer sustain any sort of motion or life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe

and then the little boy falls out of bed and wakes up.
Old 27-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
and then the little boy falls out of bed and wakes up.

Not sure what you mean, but it standard cosmological theory. There is no better evidence that suggests another outcome, personally I think it's pretty dreary but whether I like it or not, there it is.
Old 27-06-2011, 07:40 AM
mattie

Energy Doesn't Disappear With Black Holes

I’m not sure I agree w/ collapse, but the general idea may have some merit.

Some say that we continue expanding until we reunite w/ the energies we call God or the Universe. At that time we have the option to deconstruct our energies to experience the creation process anew. ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ Our scientists are discovering that new galaxies are evolving & dying all the time.

What we see as a collapse is probably just a renewal cycle for the energy. Energy never dies, it just changes form. We may not yet perceive what happens w/ the energy but that is irrelevant to the energy!

While I don’t agree w/ Hawkins about everything, I do about his saying that black holes don’t lose information. For black holes think about geometric configurations such as torus & mobius strips. What we see as disappearing into a black hole may well be instantly reappearing on another level or dimension where we can’t perceive it as a new star being created. It may be transferred to a new galactic creation in our own Universe by an energetic method about which we are unaware.
Old 27-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Not sure what you mean, but it standard cosmological theory. There is no better evidence that suggests another outcome, personally I think it's pretty dreary but whether I like it or not, there it is.

lol it's a standard writer's trick. after having taken the reader on a fantastical trip the story's protagonist rolls over, falls out of bed and wakes up to find it's all been a dream.

sometimes We take ourSelves too seriously. let's meet at The Resturant at the End of the Universe and i'll buy ya a drink.
Old 27-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
lol it's a standard writer's trick. after having taken the reader on a fantastical trip the story's protagonist rolls over, falls out of bed and wakes up to find it's all been a dream.

sometimes We take ourSelves too seriously. let's meet at The Resturant at the End of the Universe and i'll buy ya a drink.

Only if its a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
Old 27-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Only if its a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

you're on! don't forget your towel.
Old 27-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Isn't there scientific evidence that suggests the universe will eventually contract into a 'big crunch' or has this been discarded now?
Old 27-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Master
none. those are just educated guesses. big crunch, big bounce, death heat. depending what parameters you used to model the universe. these are speculative thinking that could be based on wrong presupposition.

what evidence shows is that space is not empty, indivisible, irreducible, varies in density.

but it is utter nonsense to think of space will contract to a singularity and leave in its trail a non space that this space used to occupy.

it's far more logical to think of space as infinite and eternal, provided space is thought of as some medium of waves like an aether or higgs field and not as naked emptiness. and it only appears empty to us becasue of its high frequency, so it doesn't interact with our sense organs.