Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Pounamu

Hi Blair,
You ask:
"Can ya’ll explain how and why the pendulum works in these ways??"

The pendulum, in my humble opinion, is simply a physical tool for magnifying (by resonance) the tiny muscle movements of the arm or fingers that your Body Angel generates in answer to your question that you put to it. So it is not your pendulum answering - any more than a radio is making the music that plays through it. Your Soul is answering; but in order to get its answer down into the physical dimension when your spiritual hearing is not working well, it passes the message on to the Body Angel (who is always in good contact with your soul), and the Body Angel then pulses a muscle a fraction, which the pendulum renders visible by resonant swinging and building up a visible movement.
Also, the body consciousness knows what is true, whether you do or not, consciously. So the pendulum gives a check on what you may perceive / receive by other means. It is NOT taking away your responsibility for what you do, as you have to decide whatever it is you want to actually do. The pendulum is simply one aid to discovering or checking your truth by another method than, for example, listening to your heart-feeling, or the dictates of "common sense".

I agree that experience is the most useful guide; and that you could get on without all this "technique know-how" by just being in the present and aware of what is going on around you... and if you think that other peoples' experiences take away from your sovereignty, and want to be simple and independant, then "bully for you"! Go to it, I say! What you simply intend for yourself will come to pass someday.

Pounamu

P.S. I'm dog-tired - been packing and sorting and having visitors all day - must go to bed... bed, bed, glorious bed! Nothing quite like it for resting the head!
Old 22-11-2006, 10:33 PM
BLAIR2BE

Hey tiltjlp,
Well I believe I may have come across stronger than I should have. Sorry for that (authority many times sets off internal alarms within me; has nothing to do with the moderators here at spiritual forums- moderating is a job I would not do myself; many blessings to you guys;). I would simply hate to see the forum get to a point where politics, political correctness and phony sincerity reigns; I suppose that is where the sarcasm originated.

Pounamu,
Ahhh, Now the pendulum concept makes sense to me (similar to automatic writing or even hypnosis in premise). My personal belief system does not accept this principle any longer (at one time this sort of idea would have fit), but it does make some sense to me, or I can understand how the pendulum may represent the “information”. It seems an exercise of futility though, as this: if the pendulum is a representative (or a check on perception, as you put it) of information that one has experienced, that one has learned or become aware of, and now knows, then the pendulum exercise becomes redundant. Also, how could one know that the origin of the information passed from brain to arm is not of a “pure” origin/nature? Perhaps from a realm of fantasy, or some forgotten disproved mantra far back in the old “database”? Is this not possible? It is a great big wide universe out there, and when it comes to this particular type of exercise, the “answers” could come from “anywhere”, no?

By the way, I was in no way knocking the schools, teachers, organizations out there. I wanted to emphasize that some of the questions presented to you related (as I understood them) to your own experience as apposed to here-say/third part experience.
Old 23-11-2006, 12:06 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
Hey tiltjlp,
Well I believe I may have come across stronger than I should have. Sorry for that (authority many times sets off internal alarms within me; has nothing to do with the moderators here at spiritual forums- moderating is a job I would not do myself; many blessings to you guys;). I would simply hate to see the forum get to a point where politics, political correctness and phony sincerity reigns; I suppose that is where the sarcasm originated.

I couldn't agree with you more. I hate authority, either having it used against me or having to use it against others. But I also feel that each of us has to decide what to believe and what to discard. And since someone new to spirituality might not realize that "opinions" are being offered here, we need to make them aware of this. Sad to say, but there are a lot of people who will believe anything they're told, and a forum like this has to protect them against themselves. I try to be as low-key as possible, but sometimes a direct approach is required. And to think that in the year 2345, and probably a lot sooner, none of this will amount to a hill of beans.

John
Old 08-12-2006, 03:55 AM
pokeyjo11

Wink What a Read!

I just read this thread; I Love SF!!
I kept having visions of a baseball game:bottom of the ninth, maybe one on third, and another trying to steal second,the pinch hitter is up and yet a finely timed double play and the game or season is done...; next to a soccer field jazzed with passion of play for that winning goal, its last quarter, will the game remain tied and go into overtime or...

The baseball is hit foul and lands in the soccer game, and the conversation insues...

I feel it is wonderful when the players become aware that, although the rules the set for themselves, by their choice of game they choose to play are very different, objectives may appear different, they are All playing ball!

In the background, the sounds of a friday night football game. I see clearer the players, the band, the chearleader and the spectators....whatever role they choose...
All have come to play their part in this friday night experience, All a part of the game, ball game.

Thanks for letting me share my smile

Last edited by pokeyjo11 : 08-12-2006 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 AM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
That's all that was needed Chadley. Anyone can say just about anything as long as they label it as opinion. Most members understand that we're all simply voicing our opinions and ideas here, but new members might not realize that. Thanks for your cooperation.

John

So as long as I add IMO at the end of a post i can say just about anything??? Thats one mad rule dude imo of course.
Closed Thread