Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Mosgare

Daily practices

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what daily practices are good for spiritual development? I know meditation would help but I would like to know what other people do so I can get some ideas for things to try myself.

- Mosgare
Old 22-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Deactivated Account
try to do something positive each day, devote at least ten minutes each day to your development be it reading a spiritual book, doing a kindness for another, meditating or just sitting alone with your thoughts, ask your guide to step close in these solitary moments and 'impress' you with their guidance. welcome to the site by the way
Old 22-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Mosgare

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
try to do something positive each day, devote at least ten minutes each day to your development be it reading a spiritual book, doing a kindness for another, meditating or just sitting alone with your thoughts, ask your guide to step close in these solitary moments and 'impress' you with their guidance. welcome to the site by the way

Thanks for the welcome and the great advice :)
Old 22-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Glorymist

Wonderful words, Ms. Daisy. A great foundation by which to maintain oneself well in this stressful world.

Mosgare - - you might also consider getting into your dreams. A google search would head you in the right direction if you wish to do this. To begin to come to terms with this more broad perception of Self is always beneficial.

And - - if you do decide to get into the above - - keeping a journal would be very beneficial. You might run into that suggestion on some of the freebie dream sites.

A great part of the overall Path (generic term) is just knowing what YOU want to learn. Where you want to go with it all and what you want to do. After all - - it IS your Path - - and eventually - - Soul will learn that It directs every facet of Its own specific approach to Life. So - - keep an ever watchful eye on what you would like to "do" in it all.

There are always guides to direct and assist. It is often wise to prove what they say to yourself before blindly accepting it as part of your belief system. Some of the more "lofty" teachers will get a touch upset if you just blindly accept what they say as absolute Truth. They *want* you to prove it for yourselves.

Probably one of the best things you can do - - is what you just did. Ask ! ! You asked ! ! That shows sincerity and interest. Intent. Within Life - - that counts ! !

As far as what I just said above - - some people will believe / accept - - and others will not. Feel free to choose for yourself.

Old 23-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Mosgare

Thanks :) I will try this dream journal for a few weeks and see what happens. Just read a book today that talked about dreams, until reading that and your post I had sort of written them off as meaningless. Will see what happens!
Old 23-10-2006, 01:29 PM
AL

Your dreams reflect your wakened state to a large degree. It may therefore be more beneficial to focus on your awareness throughout the day before observing what happens in sleep. That is not to dis dreams.
If you have some sort of mental posture/ practise, you could set certain times through the day when you take a few moments out to adopt this state of mind to re charge. This can be a bit rigid for some, or, all eventually, but can help at least to begin with. We must first find a state of awareness we wish to adopt at such times, or as often as possible through the day, without turning into a zombie. Spirituality should be natural, and based on virtues, the inner beauty, the inner natural virtues of the soul which you are. OPne way may be to take a diferent vortue every so often through the day and experience being it, then send it out from the heart to all souls, without getting too emotional. Balance.
As has been said, don't "believe" anything, "experience" it.
Old 23-10-2006, 02:14 PM
cweiters

Deep breathin & Praise

I begin each day with praise, deep breathing during the day help keep my thoughs clear and receptive. I like to take a deep breath before I answer a question I consider serious. Praise is the motivating factor that keeps my soul moving through life with gratitude.

Gratitude keep me satisfied!

cw
Old 24-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Mosgare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
I begin each day with praise, deep breathing during the day help keep my thoughs clear and receptive. I like to take a deep breath before I answer a question I consider serious. Praise is the motivating factor that keeps my soul moving through life with gratitude.

Gratitude keep me satisfied!

cw

Can you please tell me more about what you mean by praise ? Am interested to know what you mean by this.

- Mosgare
Old 24-10-2006, 03:54 PM
cweiters

Praise

Certainly Mosgare

Now when my eyes open I automaticlly begin to praise God the one from whom all blessing of knowlege and existance flow. I thank him for another day, all I can call with my mouth, all I call with my soul. My soulful praise is not often heard in a way I can convey with words, hard to describe. Meditation begins with water for me often while in the shower or washing up at the sink. All I know is water will help me feel clear to send and receive.........

Praise will continue through breakfast, getting dressed, biding the kids farewell, driving to work most of the time without the radio. Praise is simply being grateful for all things, even things I don't fully understand yet. Example: Protection, Love around me, Guideance, Beauty especially the beauty I can see, yet not forgeting the unseen beauty. Reality is not just the thngs I see or I know to be real. It is all of existence. Those things I give little attention or thought to its existence must also be acknowledged. I praise God for people, creatures, things etc....Then come the noise of my surroundings, I am now beyond home, my place of peace.

I love to praise God, because it feels good to my soul.

Love
cw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosgare
Can you please tell me more about what you mean by praise ? Am interested to know what you mean by this.

- Mosgare

Last edited by cweiters : 24-10-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 28-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Mosgare

Thanks for the explanation :) Sounds like a great way to start the day. I believe gratitude for what we have is an important thing to have (even though I often forget about this).
Closed Thread