Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-03-2013, 03:34 PM
TeeHee

Is Christianity good for the world? Killing in the name of..

Is it time to abandon the mindless mantra that religion is bad? Let us see:

Many find ways to exaggerate the crimes attributed to religion, often while ignoring the greater crimes of secular fanaticism. Are most religious wars fought over actual religion? Or is there another reason behind the religious wars? We often hear of the Crusades and the Inquisitions while often those who most critique Christians inflate the numbers. How do the actual numbers compare throughout history to more recent secular fanaticism?

Christians are dying by the rate of one every five minutes. The persecution has increased, will it continue to worsen? What are your thoughts, and share why you believe what you do.
Old 18-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Ah, mindless you say...what a charmer...how to win friends and influence people...

If one person was killed by greedy, fear based, power hungry Men
in Power using their rank of Pope or Archbishop in the name of Jesus or
Allah, or God it is a disgrace and as sad to our Father in Heaven as when Cain killed Abel.
Like when Obi Wan felt the deaths of that peaceful planet.....their was a vast
disturbance in the Force.

Is there fanaticism in the world? Well, you don't see me vacationing in Mexico.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-03-2013, 03:52 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah, mindless you say...what a charmer...how to win friends and influence people...

If one person was killed by greedy, fear based, power hungry Men
in Power using their rank of Pope or Archbishop in the name of Jesus or
Allah, or God it is a disgrace and as sad to our Father in Heaven as when Cain killed Abel.
Like when Obi Wan felt the deaths of that peaceful planet.....their was a vast
disturbance in the Force.

Is there fanaticism in the world? Well, you don't see me vacationing in Mexico.

Please share your view on the many who were killed by them. Perhaps you wouldn't mind differentiating between the likes of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong too?

Question, do you think that the people at least found them charming? What's the reasons why so many people followed them? They didn't think that they were doing wrong, the people agreed and supported them, or at least ignored so many cries. What was the reason for the death tole to reach and exceed over 100 million people?
Old 18-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Please share your view on the many who were killed by them.
Perhaps you wouldn't mind differentiating between the likes of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong too?

Question, do you think that the people at least found them charming?
What's the reasons why so many people followed them?
They didn't think that they were doing wrong, the people agreed and supported them, or at least ignored so many cries. What was the reason for the death tole to reach and exceed over 100 million people?
Why are you asking me? I said my peace.
You walking down memory lane of atrocities is not my cup of tea, thank you very much.
But, have it...I'm just not there with ya.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-03-2013, 04:12 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Why are you asking me? I said my peace.
You walking down memory lane of atrocities is not my cup of tea, thank you very much.
But, have it...I'm just not there with ya.

You sure enjoy taking pot shots then bailing when the fire returns.

You think the Inquisitions and Crusades were based on________ ? Was it really a religious Agenda? Y'know that it is said people who don't know their history are bound to repeat it. In some countries if you deny the holocaust existed you can be thrown into prison. Lets talk about the 5-6-10 people put to death during those Inquisitions and Crusades every year. Did you know that that was the yearly numbers that spanned some 350 years?

But some like to preach awareness and then turn a blind eye. Why do you think that is?
Old 18-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Master

New Age is largely based on reaction to traditional religion. The overwhelming mindset is that religion is bad, our new ideas good. But modern movements retain the same amount of prejudice that it reacted against. One always sees itself as better than the other or having the 'Truth' that the other doesn't. It's a way for people to feel good about themselves. Having the 'Truth' that others need gives us a sense of value and fulfills an emotional need for significance and feeling 'special'.
Old 18-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Well TeeHee, you cast the first stone calling people mindless that speak of religions badly.
When they are not at all.
So, ya got the first one in and now the last one in.
B-bye.

Old 18-03-2013, 04:25 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Well TeeHee, you cast the first stone calling people mindless that speak of religions badly.
When they are not at all.
So, ya got the first one in and now the last one in.
B-bye.

Ah, the defender of other people when general blanket statements are made about mindless acts of violence. Lets use real stones here, because this is what I'm talking about. If not mindless then there's reason. I'm certain the people of that time considered themselves extremely rational. The people cannot really be argued to have been primitive (a previous argument you made in another thread), because we're talking about the last one hundred years. Can you share the reasons why the people stood behind such secular fanaticism?