Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 06-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Newbie ;)

A path to acquiring siddhis

Note to Admin: Please could you move this thread to the "General Paranormal" section? Thanks.
==========

Have YOU acquired any of the siddhis by dedicated practice?

Can you recommend books, websites or processes which YOU have used in your daily sadhana?

Please only recommend processes that YOU – PERSONALLY – have used and as a result, acquired your siddhi.

I’d like to hear from people with direct, first hand experiences.

Please only cite what YOU have achieved by YOUR regular practice, NOT things that might have happened once in your childhood, and not incidents over which you have no control.

Let’s keep the thread focused, and practical.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Master

It is not my personal experience, but I strongly agree with the following quote:
Quote:
Buddhism teaches that after a practitioner achieves a certain degree of realization, spiritual power develops naturally.
The sadhana should be about liberation and peace.
Sadhana practiced to achieve siddhis can be dangerous. All masters agree about this.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Newbie ;)

No disrespect, but if that were genuinely the case, then ancient Hindu scriptures wouldn't have uttered a word about siddhis. They would have remained a strictly word-of-mouth kind of knowledge passed from the guru to the disciple. And nobody outside the circle would have known a word about them.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tss42
No disrespect, but if that were genuinely the case, then ancient Hindu scriptures wouldn't have uttered a word about siddhis. They would have remained a strictly word-of-mouth kind of knowledge passed from the guru to the disciple. And nobody outside the circle would have known a word about them.
I agree that there definitely are people who are (almost) solely interested in siddhis and far less in liberation, peace, detachment and good behaviour.
But there certainly is a widely accepted caution about practicing sadhana mainly to attain siddhis..

Anyway, you could take a look at the Vibhuti Pada.
This is the third book of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and is almost only about the attainment of siddhis.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Anyway, you could take a look at the Vibhuti Pada.
This is the third book of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and is almost only about the attainment of siddhis.

Have YOU personally followed that book, and have YOU – PERSONALLY – acquired any siddhi?
Old 07-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tss42
and have YOU – PERSONALLY – acquired any siddhi?
I have learned, in the course of time, that it is not appropriate to talk about these things.
Not in daily life.
And especially not on this forum.

Last edited by Serrao : 07-07-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Ascender
tss42, good question, but if anyone says that s/he has acquired any siddhi then how can you trust her? I've met people who say that they have some particular power but when I test them they are not able to show me the power. Met many such people on Spiritual-Forums itself. Psychic challenges are still unbroken ( http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=87452 ).

From my research I think that Neem Karoli Baba (left his body in 1973) had/has genuine mystic powers. In present time, I'm currently reading about www.lightdocumentary.com/prahlad-jani.html http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...icle425184.ece

You haven't said any siddhi in specific so I don't know what are your intentions (good / bad); like I would love to have siddhi of being able to converse with God and so I've been specifically looking for people who say they can hear God / angels / spirit-guide.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
tss42, good question, but if anyone says that s/he has acquired any siddhi then how can you trust her? I've met people who say that they have some particular power but when I test them they are not able to show me the power. Met many such people on Spiritual-Forums itself. Psychic challenges are still unbroken
There is a saying:
Those who know, don't say.
Those who don't know, say.

This is often so.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:27 AM
Ascender
Serrao, "know" what? and what's your logic behind what *you* "saying"?
Old 08-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Serrao, "know" what? and what's your logic behind what *you* "saying"?
Most advanced souls who attain siddhis as a natural side effect of correct spiritual development don't tell or show off.
Life, for them, is about totally different things.
In some schools of spiritual teaching, siddhis are only seen as an indication of the level and progress of one's spiritual development.
The higher one's development is, the more siddhis arise in one's being naturally.