Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 09-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Master
Lucky,
I agree that you definitely need the help of other "professionals" because it's absolutely true...you generally don't work on yourself, at least, not alone.
As Native Spirit said, we work with guides and perhaps a few trusted others like close soul family, within the circle of belonging.

But, IMO...the folks here on earth who are most helpful in any sort of energy work are advanced and grounded in their tradition, and in traditional medicine and healing. Not folks who've picked up some techniques, tips, & tricks on the side.

Most of the beneficial healing session is the diagnostic & counseling part. That is the gold and not "curative" stuff that some folks put out in the adverts, as really there is no such thing as curative energy work that you have not progressed and grown into on your own. It's really quite important to understand that any quick fix is just a temporary thing, a patch, and can actually be somewhat harmful.

For example...I got a random reiki session or two (done with little to no intake or background given) in years past made me feel physically ill and disturbed afterward. What was I thinking, eh? Hahaha. Well, I didn't expect they'd muck with my energy without asking...I just expected an intake and diagnostic on first go, with all that was seen being shared with me as a part of the healing...what else would any serious healer do? Instead, there was little to no understanding of my situation and the person had no deep background in any tradition, though they were of Eastern descent. What they did was ask where it hurt and then waved their hands around like mad and some time later I felt terrible. LOL....

The professional healer, IMO, will do intake and diagnostics, and then focus on your spiritual and emotional side. This is higher-level healing, and it demands that you participate in your own healing. Sometimes this is a guided teaching, a shamanistic technique used by many traditions. Sometimes it is a counseling session. Sometimes it is a practical session (diagnostics, exercises). These are the most valuable things you can obtain from another professional ...their personal wisdom, experience, and perspective, put to use on your behalf.

Some basic balancing and clearing of energy blockages are fine...and will feel good generally, IF they know what they are doing and are precise, clear, and they communicate (LOL!)...but you have to remember that none of it is permanent until and unless you make changes in your life and do the hard work on your own.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Guide

Very well said, and I agree completely. Having only had reiki done as well as learning reiki, in my opinion it is to be taken far more serious than it seems to be taken by a lot of practitioners out there. My very first session left me dizzy for a month, and when I told the reiki master this she basically said maybe she didn't ground me enough. Well, knowing what I know now, maybe she should've explained to me how to ground myself and why! Either way, she was lovely and meant no harm, and she did spend some time talking with me after the initial session, but the dizziness that started in the days that followed I didn't think to link it to the session. I ended up taking reiki level one with her. Again, looking back with what I know now, she basically gave a general overview of the chakras and was more adamant about the hand positions and the order of them. I left with soooo many questions, and ultimately went on to a different teacher for level two. Neither of them explained in depth the importance or responsibility that comes with working with energy. There's so much more to it that can be taught in a day's class.

To me, a client should be monitored closely following a session and given an open line of communication with their teacher/practitioner. The client should also be educated properly on energy/chakras etc. and the tie between physical symptoms and emotions that may arise in the days to follow. At the end of the day, the symbols used in reiki and the standard hand positions mean nothing if one isn't properly educated to handle or explain what results from a session. It's nothing to mess with otherwise.

Ahh...so back to the drawing board. Either I seek out a more complete method of healing modality to learn or I just continue to try to educate myself through more books, endless googling and self practice. My goal is not just self healing, but also to help people.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Perhaps any healing practitioner out there can help me on this one...

I believe our own self healing and spiritual journey is never ending, however, despite all of our practice, meditation, and digging in and facing our darkness, have you ever hit a point where you're stumped and can't seem to move forward?

Can we only get so far with self healing before we need some help and guidance from someone more experienced?

i ask because despite all I've learned so far there is still something major holding me back and I can't put my finger on it.

Lucky, hi there.

I had to respond to u r seeking. I offer life coaching n nlp, i use them as tools to helpi one access ones own healing. Iutruly wishgure ouanut uger on that evasive tbing, i would love to walk with u to help u find it. I wont charge, but if ur not serious about ti then ilet go of my offer.... The process will be to help you find your own answers, through ur own guides or who ever without interference from another.

I hope this doesnt count as advertising, i am not sending a pm as is is my first interaction with lucky... Do dele if it comes across as advertising.