Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-06-2018, 12:50 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow The Box We Call God

Quote:
Moonglow--The OP, for me was not asking if God exist or how it is defined.

I think your confused moonglow, as no where in this thread have I stated or even suggested that God does not exist, Quite the opposite is self-evident to those who can place their ego to the side, and read what ive repeatedly stated.

Quote:
I get your inquiry in attempting to come to an agreement in regards to defining God. But

Ok so you get why I think there needs to be a common agreement but then you say "but".

There is no "but" when two or more people are attempting to define what God is an find a common agreement. In fact, when humans do that we should be happy for them if not proud for their ability to work together and come to some agreement.

We need much more of that in the world and less of, each person for themselves and their own God. This very narrow-minded and certainly not inclusive approach for humanity.

Quote:
If one does not believe or feel there is a God, then would think the question would not hold much relevance. For how can something that does not exist show itself?

Again without common agreement of what the word God means/defined their can never be a rational, logical common sense disscussion.

Quote:
Yes, can call it what we like, but feel most have an idea and knowing what is being asked.

If your really think I dont know what is being asked then really know very little about me or what ive stated in this thread.

Quote:
Don't have to all agree, but atleast give the other the space to share.
Not directed at you by the way, just a general statement.

Wel Moonglow, it does to be directed at me even if in general. No where in this thread have I attempted to stop anyone from a space to share.

More likely is people who dont want me to ask questions, attempt rational, logical common sense disscussion or coming to agreement of how they and we define God.

Quote:
I respect order. It gives my mind direction. Yes, for everyone to go about willy nilly can lead to disorder. But there are times I enjoy times letting it roll and let things come as they may. Both may be God/ Great Spirit showing itself. Just a thought.

Well good you all for order and such. Willy Nilly disorder is certainly not what I'm about, but I'm also about not holding others to such a narrow viewpoint that cannot ask what the box of this thread is made of, does it have a shape, pattern, color, does follow in order or principles and is ok if I step outside of the box of this thread to look at from the outside, a differrent perspective, etc.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 30-06-2018, 02:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
I think your confused moonglow, as no where in this thread have I stated or even suggested that God does not exist, Quite the opposite is self-evident to those who can place their ego to the side, and read what ive repeatedly stated.

Ok so you get why I think there needs to be a common agreement but then you say "but".

There is no "but" when two or more people are attempting to define what God is an find a common agreement. In fact, when humans do that we should be happy for them if not proud for their ability to work together and come to some agreement.

We need much more of that in the world and less of, each person for themselves and their own God. This very narrow-minded and certainly not inclusive approach for humanity.

Again without common agreement of what the word God means/defined their can never be a rational, logical common sense disscussion.

If your really think I dont know what is being asked then really know very little about me or what ive stated in this thread.

Wel Moonglow, it does to be directed at me even if in general. No where in this thread have I attempted to stop anyone from a space to share.

More likely is people who dont want me to ask questions, attempt rational, logical common sense disscussion or coming to agreement of how they and we define God.

Well good you all for order and such. Willy Nilly disorder is certainly not what I'm about, but I'm also about not holding others to such a narrow viewpoint that cannot ask what the box of this thread is made of, does it have a shape, pattern, color, does follow in order or principles and is ok if I step outside of the box of this thread to look at from the outside, a differrent perspective, etc.

Hello r6,

No where did I state you were saying or implying there is no God.

My response was in regards to the question; Why God does not show itself?
Taking the question was playing with the thought if it would even be relevant to someone who may not believe in God.

The question I pose is; Can what one experiences, feels and for oneself know be defined so that even those that do not share such experiences, feelings understand and/or relate?

I am not saying or attempt to imply you are not giving space to anyone. What I am referring to is a possible solution for people in general to do, IMO.
Do people, in general, really listen to each other?

As you seem to present, finding the common ground with each other and embrace it. Even if each may have a different way of expressing it. To look into the spirit of what is being exchanged.

If directed at you would say so.

Sure there can be a conversation about God. Having one right now in a way and reflected with in the various threads about God. May not agree at times or express another way, but exchanging view points, insights thoughts just the same.

There is only the box one may create. This includes me and anyone else who creates a box to be there or not, IMO.

Looking outside the box has helped me to learn

I make no assumption about you as a person. Only presenting my view points in regards to what you present to me, as I understand it.

I see you present your perspective. As do I. I see the patterns in nature and the interconnections of things. This to me reflects a presence. Call it God or whatever one chooses. I do not know in and of itself what it may be. In this regards feel it can not be defined in and of itself, only in regards to how one may understand it at present or a general explaination of what the word may be referring to.

In what is shown with in creation, living life, and felt, see and feel it's presence.
Old 30-06-2018, 05:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Ill try to define where we are:

God is, being everything, being everywhere and being timeless.

He is the first one, he is the one that was, is, and always will be (for human understanding)

He does not have material to create with, so he creates with his mind. Everything what was created by him is like him, and should create as he do.
Creation, Being of him, means that he gave himself into his creation. (giving is more blessed than receiving)

One of his creations created then the, what humans call this, universe. It is in the mind of this creation, like it (the creator of this universe) is in the mind of God.

And then the Humans were created, and by some mistake the spirit of the creation entered the picture it created and by doing so gave it life.
As God's being is expanding, his creation has to obey it, and so, even in this world it is God's will to be Fruitful and Multiply.

Now, in one of the bodies, you are asking where God is and why does he not show himself. God does not interfere with your free will.
If you ask him, he will show himself. But you must do it for yourself.

I'll try to define where I am.

My question was why doesn't god show him/her/itself. I wasn't asking how anyone sees god. Or what anyone believes. I was asking why he/she/it doesn't show him/her/itsself.

If he he/she/it did what sort of response would it get?

To talk of god not interfering with free will would be a good point to start. (If we have free will is another question).

And that part about being fruitful and multiply - well that's odd, because when Adam ripped Eve's fig leaf off it was apparently the greatest sin and one for which we are seemingly now suffering. Someone isn't clear about what is wanted, needed, promised. It's like holding a carrot in front of a donkey. The donkey runs but never gets anywhere.
Old 30-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Ok ill talk to you when you attain the viewpoint of God.

And to clarify my point of view more, (and with you i don't mean exclusively you, busby, but everyone who is eager to learn something.)

You will understand, if you follow my explanations (from the previous post), that when you entered the image of the world, you became flesh.
This fleshly part of you, you call your self, but it is actually what spiritually aware people calls your "Ego".

From the fleshly part of yourself you have learned all kind of strange behavioral thinking, which are alien to the Spiritual Part of you, which is spiritually seen a part of God.

The question then, from my POV, is not "Why does God not show himself", but "Why don't you look to God to see him ?"
Because you are, right now, looking at the World. So you speak from the world and you are listening to the world.

The blueprint, (for your fleshly understanding), is this:

God -> you -> Wolrd.

-> determines viewpoint. When you manage to change it to:

God -> <- You, then you will understand that: you = world.

And because God is not a destroyer, so he leaves the world as it is. Sin he cannot see, but he can correct error, which Sin is, as seen in Truth.

Sin is death by the descriptive means of the flesh, But God is Life without opposites.

I'm specifically describing this as my point of view or else we would communicate like a man with ant's.
Old 30-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Ok ill talk to you when you attain the viewpoint of God.

And to clarify my point of view more, (and with you i don't mean exclusively you, busby, but everyone who is eager to learn something.)

You will understand, if you follow my explanations (from the previous post), that when you entered the image of the world, you became flesh.
This fleshly part of you, you call your self, but it is actually what spiritually aware people calls your "Ego".

From the fleshly part of yourself you have learned all kind of strange behavioral thinking, which are alien to the Spiritual Part of you, which is spiritually seen a part of God.

The question then, from my POV, is not "Why does God not show himself", but "Why don't you look to God to see him ?"
Because you are, right now, looking at the World. So you speak from the world and you are listening to the world.

The blueprint, (for your fleshly understanding), is this:

God -> you -> Wolrd.

-> determines viewpoint. When you manage to change it to:

God -> <- You, then you will understand that: you = world.

And because God is not a destroyer, so he leaves the world as it is. Sin he cannot see, but he can correct error, which Sin is, as seen in Truth.

Sin is death by the descriptive means of the flesh, But God is Life without opposites.

I'm specifically describing this as my point of view or else we would communicate like a man with ant's.

You clearly do not comprehend the question I set.

Your response isn't one I was looking to see and is, in itself, absolutely pointless. Never mind, once I've attained the viewpoint of god (something which you seemingly have achieved) I'll be in the position you are in and then I'll spread the word.
Old 30-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question God Is Outside of Finite, Occupied Space Universe?

Quote:
Dan_SF--And to clarify my point of view more, (and with you i don't mean exclusively you, busby, but everyone who is eager to learn something.)

We have learned something about you, but still waiting for you to answer questions posed to you in message #300, in order to learn more about you.

Quote:

"He" Who decided God is a "he"?

Quote:
He does not have material to create with, so he creates with his mind.

He, is material{ occupied space }, but has no material{ occupied space } yet has access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts just as humans do. None of that makes any sense to me.

1st law of thermodynamics---energy cannot be created nor destroyed and I transpose that as occupied space cannot be created nor destroyed.

There is no observed evidence of this not being a cosmic law/principle that humans have discovered to exist.

Quote:
Everything what was created by him is like him, and should create as he do.

"He", "him" etc. Who makes these decisions that God is a he or him?

Quote:
Creation, Being of him, means that he gave himself into his creation. (giving is more blessed than receiving)

This makes no sense to me that creation is him and he gave himself to creation. God is not a he or him or her etc.

Quote:
One of his creations created then the, what humans call this, universe. It is in the mind of this creation, like it (the creator of this universe) is in the mind of God.

Finite occupied space Universe/Uni-V-erse is not metaphsycial-1 mind/intellect/concept of God{ he/him }.

IF Universe is just "one" of the creations of God, what are the others.?

The word Universe inherently means all we observe and that which exists that we havent observed.

Based on your above you your God would exist outside of Universe, created our finite, occupied space Universe, and his holding it his hands to look and ponder.

Does anyone besides you believe this scenario?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You clearly do not comprehend the question I set.

There is nothing to understand in this question. If you go to hell, which does not exist, and expect God to come there and show himself, this would not happen, because by doing so he would make hell real.

Quote:
Your response isn't one I was looking to see and is, in itself, absolutely pointless.

If you wanted to see, feel and touch the real eiffel tower, then you have to buy a ticket and fly to france.
If you want to see God, then you have to know where he is and what he is, or else you will not see him.

Quote:
Never mind, once I've attained the viewpoint of god (something which you seemingly have achieved) I'll be in the position you are in and then I'll spread the word.

Good luck.

Quote:
"He" Who decided God is a "he"?

I'm referring to God as "He" to denote that God is creator and not Birth giver.
God has no sex.

Quote:
Based on your above you your God would exist outside of Universe

You exist in him,and this universe exists in you. Again to explain this in materialistic terms is impossible.
But you will understand it in the nonmaterialistic terms.
Imagine God being sun, and you are one of his sunrays. To expand, you have to give light,as God gave light to you. If you withold it, you create darkness. It does not exist for God but it exist for you.

In this darkness you are hiding now, but God's rays are surrounding you.

Quote:
IF Universe is just "one" of the creations of God, what are the others.?

This is Clearly materialistic thinking. What you are saying assumes separation from God, but God, being energy is everywhere.

You, Like other sunrays are able to create either like God did, or to add to the darkness. But darkness will hurt you, so you will ultimately shine.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Earth Has Light and Dark Normal Experience

Quote:
Dan_SF---If you want to see God, then you have to know where he is and what he is, or else you will not see him.

Who decided God is "he" and where is this "he" located as you suggest?

Quote:
I'm referring to God as "He" to denote that God is creator and not Birth giver. God has no sex.

Who decided God is a "he" and not a "she"? Why would "he" be any more of a "creator" than a "she".

Men and women both create. To create a fetus requires "he" and a "she"

Quote:
You exist in him,and this universe exists in you. Again to explain this in materialistic terms is impossible.

Xx or Xy exist with a woman as a fetus.
Xx does not exist inside of a man{ "he" }.
I think you confused at best. Deluding yourself at worse.

Quote:

But you will understand it in the nonmaterialistic terms.

No I dont, and it still makes no sense to me.

Quote:

Imagine God being sun, and you are one of his sunrays. To expand, you have to give light,as God gave light to you. If you withold it, you create darkness. It does not exist for God but it exist for you.

Huh? The Earth has daylight and night-dark{ lack of light except for moon that reflect sunlight ans stars that emit visible light.

You attempts at materialP{ occupied space } analogies have no meaning to me.
Quote:

In this darkness you are hiding now, but God's rays are surrounding you.

Yes people and other animals hide in the dark and many hunt at night for various reasons.

My room is bedroom is dark{ no light } not because I'm attempting sleep, not hiding. Again your analogies make no sense to me.

Quote:
This is Clearly materialistic thinking. What you are saying assumes separation from God, but God, being energy is everywhere.
Our finite, occupied space Universes is everywhere also. Ergo God/Universe is simple to grasp and does not require confusing misleading analogies.

Quote:
You, Like other sunrays are able to create either like God did, or to add to the darkness. But darkness will hurt you, so you will ultimately shine.

I sleep in darkness every night. Why you think darkness hurts peoples makes no sense to me.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Thumbs up

2 Appropriate quotes:

Every being is always receiving that which is a vibrational match to whatever they are offering.
--Abraham- Hicks

He is only waiting for you to discover Him, for God is hidden from us only by the veil of our own ignorance.
-Paramahansa Yogananda

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
2 Appropriate quotes:

Every being is always receiving that which is a vibrational match to whatever they are offering.
--Abraham- Hicks

He is only waiting for you to discover Him, for God is hidden from us only by the veil of our own ignorance.
-Paramahansa Yogananda

So karma then? The main thing is this can take many cycles.