Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 13-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Master
Hi,

I agree that the word 'should' implies some kind of negative judgement. It voids the idea that every thing we do is perfect.

Now is everything we choose to do really perfect? That may be a better question. May I say that we all have unconscious patters of behaviour that are habits and not conscious choices. In my life the goal is to become more conscious.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Master
consciousness is a worthwhile goal. imagine the difference in the choices we would all make if we were more conscious of surroundings, needs (ours and other's), wants, etc. I am learning to be more conscious of my needs in order to be more attentive to them. everyday I see something in a different light- a better light and I am grateful for it. :)
Old 23-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Master
on Monday, I found that the water heater had gone out in my shop. when I went in that morning, I heard water going in the drain. I went in and checked the faucets, checked the ice machine, then the heater and sure enough the pan was full of water (thank goodness for the pan!). the point of this story is that I wasn't upset. it didn't dawn on my until the next day that my first thought was to be grateful that nothing was damaged. there was a time when it would have been more like "ugh! this is a crumby way to start the week! what's going to happen next!)
anyway, I am grateful for this positive change in thinking. grateful that it wasn't a conscious effort this time. it's habit now.

thank you thank you thank you :)
Old 18-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Master
I recently have been seeing things about living with intention and it got me thinking that this is worth some attention. 1) because it seems to have "popped" up 2) I feel like truly positive changes in your life should be intended. each thing that we do everyday should be given proper attention (not done on autopilot) and done with purpose.

any thoughts? :)
Old 18-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Master
Hi,

It requires intent and effort to become more conscious. For example I will wake up with an insight about some specific event where an emotion of some sort created a particular thought. My attention during that event was diverted, however my desire with intent to become more conscious is also being served. I was then able to reflect on that small event with more awareness.

My overall purpose is well being. The things I do each day are done with what I would call a high degree of integrity. The choice to live with attention towards deeper awareness is an evolving process for me.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 20-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Master
I think integrity is very important. How can we be true to others, if we do not know how to be true to ourselves? Focus on getting our center " straight" and ALL else will fall into line. Learning to differentiate between want and need can be hard in the beginning- when really it's pretty simple. Well being I feel is an often overlooked need.
Well wishes John. I always enjoy your contributions on the forum :)
Old 27-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Master
today I am thinking about recognition. recognizing the people, things, circumstances around us and what effect they have on us. there is a little toddler who comes by my shop everyday. he pokes his head in, he smiles, he waves, he hides behind the door and peeks at me through the window. seeing this little boy brings me joy. his presence is a gift, one I am grateful for. for the longest time, it seemed that nearly all the children I ran into were little ill behaved monsters (not much of a kid person). this little boy has opened my eyes to view them in a different light- not to generalize as much. this is a positive change. not one that I worked toward. one that just happened. I truly invite more :)
Old 27-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Master

I have invited change! I have just deleted two people from my life - or rather - situations. It makes me sad, but being with them was keeping me in an unhealthy space, a space where I believed I didn't deserve the best, a space where I believed I didn't think much of myself. And so I attracted people who agreed with that position. And so, they have gone.

SOunds a little cryptic. I know.
Old 28-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Master
Congratulations Belle. I hope something truly wonderful fills that now vacant space! :)
Old 13-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Master
I have been putting more thought into what my needs are on a day to day basis and putting more effort into fulfilling them or communicating them when necessary. it feels good. it feels like a step toward positive change. it isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I think largely that has to do with intention. sending well wishes :)