Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Experiencer

Hearing voices or higher self?

Good morning,

I am interested in peoples thoughts on this. I don't know where else to ask (mod, feel free to move this to a better area)

I finally got a result from a meditation after trying hundreds online and even just myself trying to clear my mind. I found the meditations here for your reference:

https://ascensionhelp.com/

Anywho, the first one was about calling your higher self and reconnecting to it. (more on this in the next paragraph) The second one was a cosmic flush meditation, then removing and returning negative things back to it's sender, and then finally an ego meditation. After the cosmic flush, I actually felt my body vibrate, and it felt like energy was shooting out of my hands and toes. I stood up after meditating and almost fell back on the bed! I was so happy that I have finally received results!

What I am getting to is this. In the middle of the night, I woke up, and like I do sometimes, grab my vape pen from my night stand (not marijuana) and just take a few drags. Then I heard what I thought were my thoughts in my mind. I heard someone talking to me, not in my ears but DIRECTLY in my mind. I realized all of a sudden "whoa....that is my voice (for the most part it sounded like me, I think...) but these are not my thoughts! I am not thinking any of this! I did not have a pen or paper to write what I was hearing down, and unfortunately, I have forgotten every single word when I woke up. I got a little freaked once I realized what I was hearing was not coming from my thoughts, but surprisingly, I wasn't that fearful. I tried to listen. I don't think any of it was negative since I don't remember feeling afraid by what I was hearing. It was the strangest experience I have ever encountered. I didn't know where any paper was and my husband was sleeping in the other room, so I didn't want to turn on any of the lights.

This went on for maybe 2 or 3 minutes and from what I remember, intelligent words were coming through and someone was speaking to me in my mind. I remember it making sense, and someone was talking to me telling me things. I just wish I could remember!

This has NEVER EVER happened before. I have no psychic skills, except maybe some intuition and some empathy towards others.

Do you think when I called forth my higher self in the meditation, that was what was speaking to me? My husband thinks maybe an angel or a demon, but it did sound like my voice, if not, I wouldn't have originally thought they were my thoughts in the first place. I would have known I was hearing someone else immediately, I guess....this has never happened before, so maybe not?

Thank you, and I am really looking forward to some insight in this.
Old 26-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Experiencer

Update

I just wanted to mention I spoke to someone at work about this. I work at a library and her and I read all of the same books on spirituality, so I asked her input. She said that it makes her uneasy because it sounded very intrusive and it may have been speaking through my subconscious while I was sleeping and I didn't give whoever this was permission to do so.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 27-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Master
You asked for communication with your inner self. Then you did multiple practices to calm your thinking mind. I think what happened is exactly what you wanted. You were able to still your thinking mind and simply observe what your sub-conscious was trying to tell you. You opened up a direct line to your sub-conscious. This is a very difficult thing to do and a cherished experience. I'm happy for you.

I think you got exactly what you wanted. It may have caught you off guard because it's such a new and strange experience but with time you'll develop a lovely friendship with that aspect of yourself. Nurture it. Doubt will try to swallow your experience and leave you with the inner critic you've come to know as your self. Don't let the doubt win, seek help from the inner voice.

There have been maybe 2 times when I felt as if someone outside of me was communicating with me through my mind. I could hear thoughts in my mind and they sounded like my voice but I had a distinct feeling of separation from them. I called it the universe because it felt like whatever it was as big as the universe. It would have scared me if it came out of nowhere. But it came when I was asking for it so it wasn't entirely scary. It got my attention though.

Also this entity was trying to communicate with me for a long time before I finally was aware enough to listen. They say God will beat at the door until a person opens up. Sounds like you want to open up, just listen for the beating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
Good morning,

I am interested in peoples thoughts on this. I don't know where else to ask (mod, feel free to move this to a better area)

I finally got a result from a meditation after trying hundreds online and even just myself trying to clear my mind. I found the meditations here for your reference:

https://ascensionhelp.com/

Anywho, the first one was about calling your higher self and reconnecting to it. (more on this in the next paragraph) The second one was a cosmic flush meditation, then removing and returning negative things back to it's sender, and then finally an ego meditation. After the cosmic flush, I actually felt my body vibrate, and it felt like energy was shooting out of my hands and toes. I stood up after meditating and almost fell back on the bed! I was so happy that I have finally received results!

What I am getting to is this. In the middle of the night, I woke up, and like I do sometimes, grab my vape pen from my night stand (not marijuana) and just take a few drags. Then I heard what I thought were my thoughts in my mind. I heard someone talking to me, not in my ears but DIRECTLY in my mind. I realized all of a sudden "whoa....that is my voice (for the most part it sounded like me, I think...) but these are not my thoughts! I am not thinking any of this! I did not have a pen or paper to write what I was hearing down, and unfortunately, I have forgotten every single word when I woke up. I got a little freaked once I realized what I was hearing was not coming from my thoughts, but surprisingly, I wasn't that fearful. I tried to listen. I don't think any of it was negative since I don't remember feeling afraid by what I was hearing. It was the strangest experience I have ever encountered. I didn't know where any paper was and my husband was sleeping in the other room, so I didn't want to turn on any of the lights.

This went on for maybe 2 or 3 minutes and from what I remember, intelligent words were coming through and someone was speaking to me in my mind. I remember it making sense, and someone was talking to me telling me things. I just wish I could remember!

This has NEVER EVER happened before. I have no psychic skills, except maybe some intuition and some empathy towards others.

Do you think when I called forth my higher self in the meditation, that was what was speaking to me? My husband thinks maybe an angel or a demon, but it did sound like my voice, if not, I wouldn't have originally thought they were my thoughts in the first place. I would have known I was hearing someone else immediately, I guess....this has never happened before, so maybe not?

Thank you, and I am really looking forward to some insight in this.
Old 27-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Deactivated Account

I'm clairaudient and clairvoyant and can answer any questions you might have about it....
as far as what I think about it, I think it's amazing and when you use it properly to contact your higher self, intuition or spirit guides and angels, it makes life a bajillion times easier. I always have loving support to turn to, I can always access wise advice, I can ask them for anything, even dietary and workout advice, and they can guide me on what decisions to make and even if I lose my phone, I can just ask them where it is instead of recklessly searching for it for hours and hours, but of course it's also nice to just have a friend, and my spirit guides are way more loving and patient and compassionate than any human so I enjoy having a strong relationship with them, they're there for me when no one else is.

But just like talking to people in real life, if you're not a good listener, it's easy to mishear things or for your ego thoughts to interfere, and obviously your lack of concentration will interrupt your thoughts or any telepathic thoughts, so it takes a lot of practice.

Like... have you ever had someone ask you how you were doing, and you said "bad" and they replied, "oh that's great", just because they're so used to people saying "good" to that question? People only hear what they want to hear. If you think it's hard to hear people when they speak outloud, it's ten times more difficult when they are speaking to you telepathically/ in thought form.

So in order to hear your higher self & spirit guides/angels correctly, you have to open your mind & be curious of what they have to say... and that's harder than it sounds, especially if you ask a question and you already have an idea in your mind what the answer should be.
After many, many years I still make mistakes sometimes, because we can't always be perfect listeners or sometimes they start talking all at once (there's other things that could happen that might cause you to mishear things too), but there are many ways to tell when you're not hearing them right.

If you're at all worried about contacting a demon or a negative spirit then just burn some sage, or use a protective crystal or imagine white light (there are countless ways to cleanse yourself and an area and keep it free of low frequency energies).
Old 27-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Experiencer

Thanks guys. I was hoping for positive opinions. I almost shunned the meditations, but think I will try them again. Thank you again for reading my post and responding.
Old 28-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Seeker
Thumbs up That Small Still Voice WithIN

I have to agree~ You ASKED and were Answered!!
The Very First thing I would recommend is to keep pen and paper with you or nearby Always!! Now that You are discovering that Inner Voice or many may simply call it Intuition~ there are Many words of description!!~ I believe you may Hear it more and more as you develop your Listening Skills ( and yep separating our Egos sometimes can be a challenge... we have SO many preconceived notions collected during this EarthWalk!)
As you begin to record what you're Hearing ~ie: pen/pencil and paper you will be able to have a much better idea of whence they come. Which imho is your Ancient Wisdom of Your SOUL!! Truly a Gift to Connect to!!

Good LUCK!!! This is an Exciting development !! I am becoming more practiced at Listening and have Stopped all those Inner doubts -ie: is this simply my own ego thoughts/creations??
As I have progressed what I hear whether in direct relation to a question asked or maybe a nudge that Seems to come out of nowhere~ these communications have been right on the money and always Needed...Synchronization is a Wondrous thang!!