Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessy
You either put your trust and hope entirely on Jesus of Nasareth, the Christ (Messiah) as your only Saviour or you don't. There is no middle ground.

Buddha can be seen as like one of the old testament writers, and prophets.
Again, born in another country, and several centuries before Christ.
The Truth is evident in both. Both the biblical prophets, and Siddartha.
God is magnified.
Neither however is meant to be worshipped as God, as Jesus is.

Who stated, "You are from below, I am from above."
(John 8:23)

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Experiencer

Well I just cannot deny how much Buddhism has helped me and dealing with my disease (Schizophrenia) It has had a profound effect on my life and it literally has saved me from lots of torment. I cannot just give that up. I was raised christian but th ekind who didnt goto church and just believed that there is a God.
I just feel the need to be both Christian and Buddhist.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Well I just cannot deny how much Buddhism has helped me and dealing with my disease (Schizophrenia) It has had a profound effect on my life and it literally has saved me from lots of torment. I cannot just give that up. I was raised christian but th ekind who didnt goto church and just believed that there is a God.
I just feel the need to be both Christian and Buddhist.

I think your case is due to healing your sickness. Just think like this, you go to see an Indian doctor or a Chinese doctor. That has no different for healing yourself in which one and grateful for his help. So it's an excuse for what you're doing.

At your condition that it isn't to decide you're a Christian or a Buddhist or both. So it is a rare case. So just to do whatever you feel good. There's no right or wrong. But don't let yourself feel guilty about it. So next time you're in the spiritual realm, let the group to choose you to their group.

In my case, my mentors belong to more than one religion. My mentors are Jesus, God Jehovah, Buddha Sakyamuni, Chinese Gods , creator .......... So I don't consider myself belong to any religion or just belong to all gods and human. And my three spirits now have become Spirit-Gods. Two are with Buddha, one is in the Christianity heaven now. And they're continue to learn more dharma differently at both places.

They help me to learn my dharma energy techniques and my mentors transffer their dharma energy to me. So I can't choose to go to where in the universe heaven. Most of the people only have one spirit (if he can) to go up to universe heaven. For me my dharma are higher than other human and I may have a fourth spirit to come to form my Spirit-Gods. They can think individually but they're me. When anyone come back to my body, I'm God-like. My thinking are faster and more perfect. Difficult answers can pop up automatically generated in my mind.
Old 20-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Pathfinder

L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Buddha can be seen as like one of the old testament writers, and prophets.
Again, born in another country, and several centuries before Christ.
The Truth is evident in both. Both the biblical prophets, and Siddartha.
God is magnified.
Neither however is meant to be worshipped as God, as Jesus is.

Who stated, "You are from below, I am from above."
(John 8:23)

I dont know the teachings of Buddha, but I do know Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father.
The law came through Moses but grace and Truth came through Jesus Christ.
Moses's writings has value today as it pointed to Jesus in shadows and types.
No prophet that does not point to Jesus is worth following, because the teaching at worst will be deceptive and at best would be inferior, and would not bring Life.
We are living in the New Covenant, why cling to what is outdated if Jesus who Himself is the Truth came to reveal the way that we should go?
Old 20-07-2017, 06:11 AM
Guide

Quote:
While I know that I am capable of being both.. I'm wondering if Christians are capable of acccepting that I am both.
One cannot be both at the same time. The best one can do is to time-slice, yesterday I was Ba Buddhist, today I am a Christian.
How long your time-slice is is up to you, but one just cannot be both at the same time.

The question then arises whether one is not just playing a role, like a man who plays the manager role at work and the father role home. Actually he is neither, manager or father, but something else.

Splitting one's adherence is detrimental to the pursuit of whatever goals you may set yourself spiritually. It is not a positive at all. It is based on the materialistic idea that more is better.
Old 20-07-2017, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
One cannot be both at the same time. The best one can do is to time-slice, yesterday I was Ba Buddhist, today I am a Christian.
How long your time-slice is is up to you, but one just cannot be both at the same time.

The question then arises whether one is not just playing a role, like a man who plays the manager role at work and the father role home. Actually he is neither, manager or father, but something else.

Splitting one's adherence is detrimental to the pursuit of whatever goals you may set yourself spiritually. It is not a positive at all. It is based on the materialistic idea that more is better.

dharma is universal so Dharma and Christianity go very well together.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
dharma is universal so Dharma and Christianity go very well together.
Man, the rules people create for themselves. Jesus is the only way. Can't be a Christian AND a Buddhist.

More evidence of the insidious nature of "punishing God" and "spiritually detrimental" beliefs.
Old 20-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Man, the rules people create for themselves. Jesus is the only way. Can't be a Christian AND a Buddhist.

More evidence of the insidious nature of "punishing God" and "spiritually detrimental" beliefs.

It's good to find someone who can be open enough to see what I see, I feel like an outcast sometimes
Old 20-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
While I know that I am capable of being both..
you definitely can't be both from the perspective of the scriptures of both religions. However since you actually fabricate your private religion it of course appears to you as if you could be both.
Old 20-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's good to find someone who can be open enough to see what I see, I feel like an outcast sometimes
90% of people are stuck in their chosen belief-paradigm. That's really the core issue with religion, with spirituality, with politics, you name it. Everything you add to this forum is quite obviously a result of inner-understanding that has freed your soul in this lifetime. It's this same soul-epiphany that others haven't experienced. I could see this as a child, could see most kids and most adults thought differently than me. But I never understood what that was until I had my own soul-epiphany at age 44. And that's when my NEED to believe fell away forever.

I've come to accept that some are waking up to all that, some are still mostly asleep, and some never will change because they have no intention of freeing themselves from their self-created belief paradigms. Their belief paradigms are their very identity, and they would be lost without it. Life is a goofy journey. I've learned to mostly laugh at it... and also to have some empathy towards it given I was no doubt a Christian fundamentalist and other things in some other lifetimes.