Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Master
What Jesus Really Meant

Hello Everyone -

I would like to share the (just completed, pdf format, 23 pages) first chapter of my treatise, titled "What Jesus Really Meant" with readers who may be interested in it. Commentary, whether supportive or critical, is welcome as it would help guide my formulation of future chapters - three in all are planned.

Clicking on the link below will bring up a page at sendspace.com with a download button on it. You do not have to create and account and sign in to download the document - open with adobe reader or save to download folder options come up when the download button is clicked.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nmb9hn

The document has embedded links. Clicking on my name on the title page will take you the home page of my website if you want more information about me.

Caveat: my take on Jesus and his world view is NON-traditional. If your views in said regards are in any way 'traditional', I suggest you read the following (excepted) opening paragraphs of the chapter before deciding whether or not to download it, to get a sense of what you may be getting into.

From his saying “This is my body” when breaking bread and “This is my blood” when pouring wine at what has since been referenced as The Last Supper with his disciples (see Matthew 26), it is clear that Jesus rationally grasped as well as mystically (that is, transpersonally) identified with the Oneness of Creation. If what he meant to communicate by way of such sayings had been truly apprehended, such utterances may indeed have been foundational in establishing an ecologically sane, holistically Life-augmentative civilization.

That was not to be the case, however. Because the beliefs of most if not all of those around him at the time were hypnotically rooted in projections that God (to wit, the progenitive Source and Sustainer of Life) was a singular, supremely dictatorial ruler who had especially favored mankind by ‘giving’ them ‘dominion’ over all other earthly creatures (see Genesis 1:26-28), analogous to the way kings of old ‘granted’ lords of old the right to govern less powerful folk living in their territories (as long as said lords remained loyally subservient in relation to said kings, of course), the people around him simply did not register and so could not even begin to comprehend the implications of the fact that such sayings by Jesus actually referenced the matrixial interconnectedness and interdependency of all being.

Making matters worse, as they then also construed his references to being “the Son of God” literally, instead of ‘remembering’ the factuality of above-referenced Oneness of Being as they were directed to (in Luke 22), when would-be followers subsequently gathered together for a ceremonial meal of bread and wine (which observance later became ritualized as The Sacrament of Holy Communion), they just imagined and believed the bread and wine to be miraculously transformed (literally transubstantiated!) into the flesh and blood of Jesus himself* who they idolized and proceeded to worship and pledge allegiance to as the “King of kings and Lord of lords” (I Timothy 6:15‑16) heir of said ‘supreme’ God.
Old 21-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Master
I expect that you feel that His work on the cross was just consequential, also, to His "bucking the system", as it were.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I expect that you feel that His work on the cross was just consequential, also, to His "bucking the system", as it were.
Hello Morpheus:

There was much more to Jesus' actions and messages than these, IMO. I do not address the specific aspects you mention in the article I supplied a link to, but the following quote from it may give you an idea of views in relation to him:

"While I too confess to holding Jesus in the highest regard because I have not come across any set of teachings which have struck me as being as penetratingly perspicacious and Love-and-Joy propagating as his, the fact is that there have clearly been others who have also knowingly spoken and acted ‘in the name’ of said Consciousness (that is 'Christ' Consciousness, albeit using different labels for It) when and as exigencies related to ‘the human condition’ stimulated It to ‘rise and shine’ (so to speak) in and through them in response to the needs and requirements of humanity at critical junctures in history."

I then proceed to provide an example in said regard.
Old 22-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello Morpheus:

There was much more to Jesus' actions and messages than these, IMO. I do not address the specific aspects you mention in the article I supplied a link to, but the following quote from it may give you an idea of views in relation to him:

"While I too confess to holding Jesus in the highest regard because I have not come across any set of teachings which have struck me as being as penetratingly perspicacious and Love-and-Joy propagating as his, the fact is that there have clearly been others who have also knowingly spoken and acted ‘in the name’ of said Consciousness (that is 'Christ' Consciousness, albeit using different labels for It) when and as exigencies related to ‘the human condition’ stimulated It to ‘rise and shine’ (so to speak) in and through them in response to the needs and requirements of humanity at critical junctures in history."

I then proceed to provide an example in said regard.

Which has nothing to do with my question?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Which has nothing to do with my question?
What question? All you wrote was "I expect that you feel that His work on the cross was just consequential, also, to His "bucking the system", as it were."
Old 22-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
What question? All you wrote was "I expect that you feel that His work on the cross was just consequential, also, to His "bucking the system", as it were."

Yes, right. Forgot the question mark.

Here you go...
?

Old 22-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, right. Forgot the question mark.

Here you go...
?
OK. let me put it in for you: ""I expect that you feel that His work on the cross was just consequential, also, to His "bucking the system", as it were?"

and then ask you what does "just consequential" mean? IOW, I don't 'get' the meaning of your now fully question-marked question.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Master
Davidson ?
As I expected.

Old 22-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Davidson ?
No, its davidsun.

Quote:
As I expected.
What did you expect? The son of David?
Old 26-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Experiencer

Hi Folks..

Davidsun; I found your work to be very interesting, informative and well presented

But, If I may make a suggestion..??...You seem to have limited your sources to just the bible and the religious scriptures - BUT - these are not the only sources available to you - and indeed the religious source of bible scripture are not the original truth that Yeshua spoke on Earth..

For that original source, I would suggest including also quotes from the gospels that have become labelled "Gnostic" though that label itself is some what misleading (on purpose) and the Gnostics became presented as "enemies" when actually Christ IS a Gnostic, wholly so and His legitimate teaching is primarily a gnostic endeavour to uncover the metaphysical truth of all existence - the Source, my Father.. He alone shows us how to accomplish a personal and direct rapport, and this essentially is found only in those original gospels...Whereas the bible and church sanctioned scripture, purposefully with holds that core real world truth, the actual mechanism for personal communion with the Divine, (hides it on purpose from us) and concentrates instead on not the mechanism, but the results and symptoms of the process itself. The bible version is merely a "placebo" in effect - severely lacking in authenticity and not really accomplishing that which it claims. The original gospels though, contain the direct spoken truth of Christ, and once understood its effect is literally life changing - born again, truly in a new spirit as they say ..

It would be very enlightening for example - to examine the Gospel of Thomas, as a major and authentic original truth - directly given as my mate spoke directly master to student, though it is actually more like Brother to Brother...Well worth the time and effort, and gives a whole new undiluted truth..