Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Ascender

QUESTIONS about AP

Hi, I've been trying to AP and I have some questions...

My first question is, can you AP and still be aware of your body? I tried to AP while in meditation and I went up into space. I was floating around in space, looking at super nova's and other things in space, seemed very vivid and real. Yet I was still aware of my physical body, which makes me think it was just my imagination, unless it's possible to be aware of both at the same time? Is this even possible or was I just imagining?

Another time recently I was meditation, I was also upset about something and I had a big pressure in my third eye, I started to meditate and in my third eye I saw a guide or something. He just sort of popped up and he appeared in a human body, but he was riding something (I don't know what it was) which enabled him to fly... so he was flying on this thing and he introduced himself to me. Then I felt myself being pulled out my body, but it freaked me out bc I wasn't trying to AP at the time and I didn't go. I wish I would have gone with him...now one could say this was just my imagination, but I was not intending for any of this to happen.

I have also had some weird and vivid dreams which I wonder about. I have since learned that we AP in dream state sometimes and I wonder if they were not dreams, but AP. To be honest, the dream state has always confused me, when I was a teenager, I began to wake up in my dreams and know that I was dreaming, but I haven't done that in a long time and I have been trying to get back to that. I have been trying to do the, ask myself during the day if I'm dreaming and hope in my dreams I do the same thing. So far I haven't asked myself if I'm dreaming during my dreams. I have also always had some dreams which I later can't remember if I dreamt them or if they really happened.

Anyway, so back to my dreams that were so vivid. I had this dream years ago, but it was one of those dreams that was so vivid and real, that it always stays with you and I remember it clearly. I dreamt that I travelled to another planet. The planet was very plain looking, like our moon. But I know it wasn't our moon, because I got the sense that it was very, very far away. Yet I travelled there instantly, like I mentally teleported there or something, I didn't have to go in a spaceship. I literally was there in an instant.
Although it was a plain planet and lacked the beauty of Earth, I got the feeling that it was a very calm and peaceful place. I didn't physically see any entities, but I sensed that there were entities there, everyone was just kind of hanging out on this plain planet, and although it lacked a lot of the benefits we have on Earth (physical beauty, material stuff etc), I got the sense that everyone there was peaceful and they lacked all of the problems we have here, such as war and suffering.
I always assumed it was just a vivid dream, but with everything I have learned about since, I now wonder. If it was more than a dream, I would really like to find out where I actually was. I will try to consult my guidance and see if I can get any answers but I wonder if anyone has any ideas where I was?

Another dream I had was while I was in Miami 2 years ago on vacation. I was sleeping in a bed that was right next to a glass door and could look out at the city. I dreamt that a ufo crashed right in front of my window, I ran out to investigate and that is where I woke up. I would just assume it was a dream but it was so vivid and I have since read that Miami is a hot spot for ufo's so that makes me wonder.

Then a couple of days ago, before sleep I was trying to AP and listening to an AP guided meditation, I fell asleep but I had this dream. In the dream I was floating out of my body and floating around my house. I floated past a window and saw a person standing there, looking in the window at me. This freaked me out so bad I woke up. I'm not sure if this was a dream or an AP or both? Also, if I have an experience like this again, how do I keep it from freaking me out and waking up? I was just so shocked to see a person standing at my window in the middle of the night.

Also, at times when I'm dreaming I have had experiences where I wake up and it is like the dream still continues for a minute. For example, I was dreaming that my son (who was at his dads at the time) was tapping me and saying "mommy I need help" and I woke up and I could still hear him and physically feel him for a minute. These types of things have always freaked me out. I believe at least one time I experienced a physic attack while laying in bed. I was laying there but awake and my daughter was sleeping next to me. I heard her voice say something but I knew it didn't come from her, and then my whole body went into a seizure. I am 40 years old, I have never had seizure in my life. I just braced myself, but after a moment, it stopped. I feel it was some sort of attack, but I'm not really scared of this stuff, it just shocked me.

At any case, I would like to get the hang of this AP and do more so I would appreciate any advice or suggestions. And thank you for reading!

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 17-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Ascender

Also I would like to add that I have always had this whole body twitch that happens right as I am falling asleep, it's like my whole body twitches. Sometimes it's so strong it wakes me up or stops me from falling asleep. My son does it too. Has anyone ever heard of this or know what it is? I wonder if it has something to do with the dream state or AP?

Old 19-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Master

Just a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, according to the AP literature it is possible to have dual awareness, ie you are simultaneously out of body but still aware of your body. Presumably in these cases your consciousness has not fully separated from the body. The closest I have come to such experiences is lying in bed clearly seeing my living room curtains through my closed eyelids. So part of me was still in body while part of me was in another room.

And freaking out when leaving the body seems a normal reaction at first. Even though we do it unconsciously every night when we fall asleep, leaving the body consciously is another matter. The fear barrier is one of the greatest obstacles to AP.

Regarding dreams, do you keep a dream journal? That does help to make dreams more vivid and coherent, and also helps us to remember dreams more clearly when we wake up. Otherwise we quickly forget our nocturnal activities because we cannot bring those memories through to waking consciousness.

Regarding the body twitch, I don't know if that is tension in the nervous system which prevents relaxation or if it is the beginning of separation followed by a sudden return to the physical. You could try doing relaxation exercises as you fall asleep, tensing and relaxing different parts of the body, working up from your feet to the head.

Peace.
Old 19-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Master

somehow posted this twice
Old 20-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Ascender
Good answer by iamthat. Yes, dual consciousness is a common phenomenon, although only some people experience it. I often am aware of my physical in the background somehow whilst in AP. It is more common where doing AP via deep trance whilst fully conscious, rather than via the "waking up" technique.

If you read the work of Robert Monroe, you will find a discussion of dual consciousness there.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Ascender

Thank you for your responses. Dual awareness, that seems like what happened, I will look into Robert Monroe. I've heard of dream journaling, I really should start doing that, also, I will try the exercises and see what happens with the twitch, although it doesn't happen all the time. I have never found anyone else that experiences that except us.