Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 13-06-2017, 04:04 AM
Master
what music system do you have/use?

I've got some posh headphones for the computer - beats listening to the tin sound of my laptops speakers. Plus I have a Bose Wave Music System I and a Bose Wave Music System III. These are compact and have a very good sound for a relatively cheap price compared to other posh music systems.

To be honest the version III system has been causing me endless problems and I'm having it sent to be repaired again. So I'm listening to the version I at the moment.

What music system do you have or use?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-06-2017, 05:35 AM
Master
On my computers I use Logitech G930 7.1 wireless headphones(I have 2 pairs), on my phone I use Sennheiser cx 175 earbuds, main sound system is a 212 watt x 5 Sony surround sound system with Infinity speakers/yamaha subwoofer.
I also just redid my vintage 1970's wood waterbed headboard and installed 3 way KLH speakers hooked up to a 15 watt Sony shelf system, sounds awesome.

As you can tell I like music.
Old 14-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Master
212 watt! That is powerful.

Old 14-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Master
I'm old school. Most of my music is on the old cassette tapes so I have a pretty elaborate boom box with extra speakers. It plays CDs too.

When I listen to guided meditation music I (again old school) use a Walkman.

Still have a box full of old vinyl records, but no longer own a turn table. My first music player that I got for Christmas in 9th grade was an 8 track player. Music produced on 8 tracks didn't last very long so the 8 track player became obsolete. But I had fun driving my Mom crazy with my jazz such as Chic Corea and Pat Metheny.
Old 14-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Experiencer
Best sound give, for my opinion, little better headphones. You can really hear everything. But that is for personal use. I have a laptop and when i don't use headphones, there are just laptop speakers.

For room i use philips hi-fi fx 12 or something, but it doesn't give the best sounds, so little money, little music, but it has bluetooth, so it can be connected to phone or laptop so i can play music from youtube or something.

In car i use also some low budget radio and woofer, but can't make it give appropriate sound, so it is a lot of rumble without real tune.

So for my next car, i would really like to make appropriate sound, i will probably ask some reasonable price expert to install it for me. Woohoo, can't wait :)
Old 15-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

I bought it to have reserve power for peaks, no clipping or distortion.

At 100-120 watt rms that is what I call massage level.
Old 15-06-2017, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
I bought it to have reserve power for peaks, no clipping or distortion.

At 100-120 watt rms that is what I call massage level.

What kind of music do you listen to with it?

Old 15-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Master
My first serious music system was a NAD amplifier, Wharfedale speakers, a Dual turntable (all recommended to me) and a JVC CD player (my choice). The JVC was a mistake; I should have taken the pros advice. I can't remember what they recommended instead.

Eventually the system was too big and I gave it away.

Old 15-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Master
It's easier to say what I don't listen to: Big Band, dixieland jazz( too chaotic for my energy), country and western, and most rap.
Old 15-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Watts are sometimes misleading. You need roughly 10x a given wattage to get twice the perceived volume (actually works out to 9-point-something).

So 200 watts gives you a max loudness twice that of 20w.

Most people in their domestic setting listen at about 3-4 watts, so the higher powers like 200w (in my case 140w per channel) allow headroom to reproduce the musical transients to make things sound more exciting but they're very brief.

If I turned mine up full blast I'd have a few complaints from neighbours!