Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
Here's an example.

Say one is always thinking about negative things. Like say one's parents did horrible things to them and they habitually dwell on these thoughts all the time. So they are always walking around angry and upset and hurt. Thinking, life is unfair, why am I cursed? Why did all of these horrible things happen to me? They relive the past traumas over and over by thinking about them.

this is one of the most useful things I've done. Oh well...
Old 16-06-2017, 05:00 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
this is one of the most useful things I've done. Oh well...

It seems so strange when you think about it. Why would we choose to think about negative things when we could just as easily think about positive things? But a bunch of online Guru's stated their answers. One said when one is "unconscious" or passively following the body and it's mind, naturally it leans towards negativity, negative emotions etc because the vibration of material energy is dense and negative. A few other Guru's said that when one is in ego, paying attention to all of this negative stuff, past hurts and experiences etc, entities actually attach to us. Something like a ghost, a being or energy that feeds off of our negativity. Tolle called it the "pain body" I think where other Guru's referred to it as simply an entity.

It's funny but I've sure seen it a lot in human behavior. Like say your friend has a busy day. Let's say they are a Hollywood agent. So they make a bunch of deals and make lots of money, they have a great enjoyable lunch, then one meeting goes badly and they get in a fight with somebody. So let's say their day was 90% positive and happy and 10% upsetting. The one thing they will tell you about, which they act out recreating all of their negative emotions, will be the one bad thing that happened to them. They won't share the wonderful meetings, the wonderful lunch... no the one thing they want to relive and share is the bad thing.

Look at our lives. We have probably had as many happy experiences as sad ones. But what does the mind go to over and over? The bad things we feel happened to us.

Look at all of the popular reality shows on tv. They are all about people arguing and fighting. Why are we so entertained by negativity? Sports all fighting. Politics all fighting. News all fighting.

So yea that's life down here in the physical world. That's why if you let go of all of that, get free of it, learn to be detached, you stop being reborn here.
Old 16-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Master

Quote:
The human brain does trillions of things "subconsciously." But eventually all of these complex subconscious processings becomes conscious to us as "something," some perception. Like you say, past abuse or trauma is stored in the memory and affects us now. See the conditioned self is a self. The normal way we operate is to fully identify with our past, our conditioned self, as us. So yea we can suffer every day from our past in many ways. We can dwell on thinking about past horrible experiences, which makes new horrible experiences. Which makes now horrible. Then subconsciously, we can be depressed from mental or physical forces. Some people are born prone to depression due to the chemicals their brains make. Others suffer due to past stressful negative experiences.

All of this relates to karma and what we chose for ourselves in this life time. Some people want to wake up, to become liberated, so they purposely chose messed up brains and lives to compel them to wake up. Tolle suffered from horrible depression in this life which motivated him to find a way out. So there is a purpose in it. Suffering also can lead to more compassion and empathy for others who suffer.

Past abuse or incidents do subconsciously affect present behavior and attitudes. This is because we experience now through the conditioned self. We identify with our past, with our thoughts, with our lives. But then this whole "living in the now" philosophy unattached to our conditioning or past, whether one is getting this from Tolle, or Mooji, or Krrishnamurti, or Ram Dass, or Alan Watts, or Buddhism, or some new age teacher or who or whatever, is offering a way out.

Agrees. Let's talk about clarity because that results from this experience. True one gains greater internal knowledge with greater experience. Does such advanced experience lessen the time of karma? I know we focus and think only about the negative but understand this also applies to the positive, both influences happen. And why would anyone be a negative teacher now knowing how much we are affected. We also understand in example after example it is normal we have trouble letting go , this also mean letting go of the positive. Are we not talking about truly letting go? Learning and understanding that you have. Understand, to see clearer does not mean you will be agreed with. Surprise.
Old 16-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Master

Remember, that which has been said then needs to be amended.
Old 16-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Master

Quote:
It seems so strange when you think about it. Why would we choose to think about negative things when we could just as easily think about positive things?

I have found this truthfully to be untrue. But again I emphasize why would anyone wish to give out negative ideas to others when we have finally accepted we do. Here I am thinking of my own experience, the past. I love your honesty and bravery and compassion.
Old 16-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Suspended
Guide

The normal consciousness is a viewpoint of "something" or "somebody." Me as "something" or accumulated content rather than just me as I am unconditioned without the attention on content. We are here as what? See that's the subtle thing. When we walk around in life we are present as some kind of mental force, a "center" or "person" that is dealing with, juggling, reacting, to whatever is. We feel we need to do something with what is, which really means "what is" contains unnecessary accumulated self present.

Now what the sages are asking is, can you be here now without the struggle, the concern, the point of view, the "person" ? The mind will do what it does, others will be what they are, can we not be personally involved in all of that? Not only have no concern for what others are doing, but also have no concern for whatever is present in us, our thoughts and ideas. So to be a consciousness that has let go of the "person." The person is the one who is concerned, the one that cares about what is present. The one with a point of view. So to just be here now, person-less.

That's not to say this has anything to do with a lack of compassion, or empathy, or caring, or knowing, or intelligence or being fully you. These are all qualities of consciousness itself. So one can not make these things "go away." We don't go away or cease to be, it's just what we are present as changes. What we are identified with as a part of now changes. It's a dropping of the "person" conflict "me and this" or "me and that" caring.... the conflict producing self that I can be in each moment, that kind of "person" caring can be put away. But of course we still care and have a view. It's just the view comes out of what we are as opposed to what we think.

The doing of the person is subtle and not noticed. Some is easy to see, but then one does not notice we are still there as one with a direction or point of view. But then here also, consciousness knows truth. But truth is not a point of view, it is not an opinion, it is seeing clearly what is.

Really the "person" is like a mirror image of the true self. The only difference is the true self is never in conflict and the "person" always is. The "person" has caring, and concern, and knowledge, and all of those are qualities of the true self as well. But then what the true self does not have is a "person" there as a witness commenting on whatever is, internally or externally. Creating a conflict between me and it, or resistance. The now is fully contained and complete. There is nothing to be added or made different. It is what it is. Complete and whole. In each moment are the qualities of eternity if one has let go.
Old 16-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:
The normal consciousness is a viewpoint of "something" or "somebody." Me as "something" or accumulated content rather than just me as I am unconditioned without the attention on content. We are here as what? See that's the subtle thing. When we walk around in life we are present as some kind of mental force, a "center" or "person" that is dealing with, juggling, reacting, to whatever is. We feel we need to do something with what is, which really means "what is" contains unnecessary accumulated self present.

Now what the sages are asking is, can you be here now without the struggle, the concern, the point of view, the "person" ? The mind will do what it does, others will be what they are, can we not be personally involved in all of that? Not only have no concern for what others are doing, but also have no concern for whatever is present in us, our thoughts and ideas. So to be a consciousness that has let go of the "person." The person is the one who is concerned, the one that cares about what is present. The one with a point of view. So to just be here now, person-less.

That's not to say this has anything to do with a lack of compassion, or empathy, or caring, or knowing, or intelligence or being fully you. These are all qualities of consciousness itself. So one can not make these things "go away." We don't go away or cease to be, it's just what we are present as changes. What we are identified with as a part of now changes. It's a dropping of the "person" conflict "me and this" or "me and that" caring.... the conflict producing self that I can be in each moment, that kind of "person" caring can be put away. But of course we still care and have a view. It's just the view comes out of what we are as opposed to what we think.

The doing of the person is subtle and not noticed. Some is easy to see, but then one does not notice we are still there as one with a direction or point of view. But then here also, consciousness knows truth. But truth is not a point of view, it is not an opinion, it is seeing clearly what is.

Really the "person" is like a mirror image of the true self. The only difference is the true self is never in conflict and the "person" always is. The "person" has caring, and concern, and knowledge, and all of those are qualities of the true self as well. But then what the true self does not have is a "person" there as a witness commenting on whatever is, internally or externally. Creating a conflict between me and it, or resistance. The now is fully contained and complete. There is nothing to be added or made different. It is what it is. Complete and whole. In each moment are the qualities of eternity if one has let go.
Nice post, nicely written. I can relate to it, especially so as of lately as it becomes clearer and clearer the things that I was identifying with.
When you do let go as you said, I find that the present or the now just comes into focus. It does so in such a way that says there really is nothing more at this very moment than this very moment. When I was blindly identifying with thoughts, consciousness, feelings, etc.....I found that I had to seek out the present or now. I had to try and find it as opposed to now, where it is what is left and right before me....always.
Blessings

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 17-06-2017, 11:04 PM
Master

Quote:
One said when one is "unconscious" or passively following the body and it's mind, naturally it leans towards negativity, negative emotions etc because the vibration of material energy is dense and negative.

which is exactly why, you can't be 'positive' all the time and perform 'miracles'. Because 'miracles' operate on physical reality and physical reality resonates with from what our standpoint is called 'negativity'.

Really though physical reality just resonates how it resonates but we choose not to like what it is and avoid it.
Old 18-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Really though physical reality just resonates how it resonates but we choose not to like what it is and avoid it.
No, he is saying the cause of human negativity is that people who live life in an unconscious manner get bogged down in the denseness of the physical material. That is a far different idea -- the opposite -- of suggesting it's natural and normal to be negative about life due to the denseness of the physical.

Having a negative attitude or response to anything is something everyone can in fact consciously avoid, by choice. Consciousness is the key point here, not the denseness of the physical material.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Dropping the 'positive' and 'negative', yes. Positive and negative is about polarity and it doesn't fit with energy, which is a sine wave. Emotions are energy in motion so they are neither positive or negative. It's all about energy, frequency and vibration as Tesla says. Life is about ups and downs, not bouncing from one extreme of the same thing to the other. Other than that it's all a choice of perception, but as you say how it resonates with us becomes like/positive or dislike/negative. And the rest is good old human nature.

How you experience it or how it resonates with you is an 'indication' of your own frequencies. If it was a 'negative' experience then your frequencies are more dense. If it was a learning experience then they're higher. Over-simplification granted but you get the idea.