Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 18-10-2016, 07:27 AM
Knower

Have you EVER had visions of PLACES and TIME you have never encountered in real life?

Since childhood, I have had some visions regarding certain places, certain times and areas that I have never really visited, but they are stuck in my mind and I feel like, somehow, I have experienced them because they seem so familiar and known to me. They are not clear, but those visions make me feel positively weird. Have you ever had such visions? What do they really mean?
Old 18-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Guide

Yes, I had a vision once of a place I used to live before....I think maybe it was a vision from my past lives....It was a beautiful house and family :)
Old 11-02-2017, 04:46 AM
Suspended

I often have premonitions of places I travel to, prior to traveling there I will dream about them.

Anyone know what this is?
Old 09-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Knower

Visions are of two types:

1) Internal: These visions are only projections of your subconscious mind. So many feelings are hidden in your mind from your past several births. These feelings are expressed as visions and appear as real external scenes. In extreme cases, this can also accelerate into a mental illness where the patient talks with another imaginary person appearing before him.

2) External: A scene appears without any relationship with your mind. This is not the projection of your mind and is not a mental illness. The scene is arranged externally and the forms appearing are energetic in nature. Such a vision is independently generated, and not based on any feeling of your mind. This appears due to some external reasons so as to give you some external information.

The real problem is that the internal vision is often mistaken as an external vision. Your own aspiration is conveyed to you in such cases. You’re simply mislead by such a false external vision. Most people even tell lies that they had external visions in order to get some recognition from the surrounding public. They feel that it’s prestigious to have such visions, which get them some kind of special status. This should be nipped at the bud. The reason is that the spiritual path is always based on the truth only. By telling lies for such false fame, you also procure sin unnecessarily.

Even if you really have visions, you should analyze the vision to gauge whether it’s internal or external. If the result of such a vision is proved practically, you can conclude such a vision as an external one since internal visions have no practical outcome. Unless a practical result comes out of it, it may not be a real external vision. It may just be your internal vision expressing your long-time, deeply hidden aspiration.

The practical reality of the outcome of the vision should be proved so that we can infer the reality of the external vision. The proof here should be considered in a reverse way, i.e. from the fruit (practical outcome) to cause (vision). If the vision says that something will happen, you should wait till that happens practically in reality. Then only can you say that the vision is practically real. You should wait till the practical result is clearly seen and then only should you declare that your vision is correct. Otherwise, millions of visions are expressed by millions of people.
Old 19-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Master
me 2 i hav still do on off i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 16-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Seeker
Yes, and mostly during deep meditative states. I haven't yet been able to discern whether or not they're visions from the subconscious mind (forgotten memories from childhood), or from past lives, or something else. It feels like I'm picking up on transmissions in bits and pieces, like stations on a radio as you move up and down the frequencies, but that might just be a symptom of a fractured perspective.

Regardless of the source, I find most of the visions to be quite beautiful, so I welcome them.
Old 28-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Pathfinder
I've not had "visions" so to speak (however you define a vision) - but a few times in my life I have had a dream where I am in a place that whilst still dreaming I know very well, there is always a deep emotional feel to the place and a belonging feel to it. In the two or three I've had, Ive always been lucid in that I was conscious of it happening and able to control what I say and think (usually I am watching my dreams play out with no control).

It's always a sort of feeling to them that "Oh! I remember this place, how could I have forgotten it!" Yet when I have woken, I have no idea where that place was or what it was about, but I recall the dream. I remember one of them I walked into this shop and there was 2 female staff. I remembered them well in the dream and again couldn't believe I'd forgotten the place. I remember telling them that I am going to take pictures of them on my phone so when I wake up, I can see it and remember who they were. But of course this didn't work as the pictures weren't really there when I woke....but it goes to show I wanted to remember upon waking up.

I've never really put these dreams down to anything other than my mind being weird, but it is always interesting to think about. Haven't had one in a few years now. I did once also have a dream where I was sort of shown little clips of different time periods leading up to most recently probably the 1980s and saw all the British and Welsh miners when the pits were closed. Bizare... as I have no knowledge of any of that but dreamt about seeing them. Interesting.
John 3:16
Old 28-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Once in in a dream what I believe to be the only true spiritual experience I've had, I remember this somewhat heavenly place with a green field and there was also a house. Can't say for sure if it was Earth because most of my memories of it are rather vague.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
I've not had "visions" so to speak (however you define a vision) - but a few times in my life I have had a dream where I am in a place that whilst still dreaming I know very well, there is always a deep emotional feel to the place and a belonging feel to it.

I often had dreams like that when I was a child. It was a wonderful feeling that I can still remember a little bit now, but not really. Like, fully fitting into that place, fully belonging, very connected. Sadly those dreams stopped as I grew up.

The other dreams you describe sound very interesting too!
Old 03-02-2019, 04:37 AM
Pathfinder
Yes. Ever since I was a child, I've had dreams where I see and experience a setting, surrounding, place, buildings, scenery... and a few years later, I'll see those places or buildings or scenery in real life. Only the places come true, not the events I dream about.

For example, 5 years ago, I had a dream I was walking in the evening with a friend of mine. The both of us were going somewhere, I don't know where. But in the dream, we cut thru this apartment building. It was a single building, two floors, light green walls, and dark green roof. There was a banana tree by the building, and birds of paradise plants around the building.

5 years after I had that dream [a few months ago actually] I'm looking for a long lost friend of mine [a girl], whom I haven't seen or spoken to in 10 years. I did my research and found a previous address this long lost friend once lived at.

So I drive myself to that city, to that address. I parked my car across the street of that address, the place my long lost friend once lived in. A chill shot up my spine: the apartment building was the same exact one I saw in that dream 5 years prior!

I had gone to a Buddhist temple in April of last year to get a traditional fortune reading, which is written on a piece of paper. My fortune said that any long lost friendships I have will be reconciled!

Anyways... me and my friend did actually reconcile! I figured out where she was and sent her a few letters and my number. She called me to touch base with me and catch up a couple months ago. During the phone conversation, I told her about the dream I had of her old apartment building, I dreamt 5 years ago. I asked her: "When you lived there, was there ever a time when you thought about me in your mind... missed me... or something? Because in my culture, the elders say that when you have such kinds of dreams that your spirit leaves your body and actually goes to such places... something called my spirit to your old apartment?"

My friend says to me: "Well, yeah, I missed you a lot. I was thinking about you when I lived at that apartment. I wanted for you to come visit, but I didn't know where you were or how to find you."