Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 18-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Master

I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation since I have never been an abductee but I want to suggest a very good book titled The Keepers; An Alien Message for the Human Race by Jim Sparks.

Here is the review on it:

Jim Sparks has been working with intelligent, nonhuman beings from off-planet locations. Unlike any other abductees, he has conscious awareness of his experiences with approximately 95 percent clear recall of technology, including time travel, invisibility, multidimensionality, and manipulation of gravity and electromagnetic fields. His firsthand reports of sperm extraction, breeding programs, shape-shifting, and thought-activated transport are astonishing, as is his personal journey from anger at the invasion to gratitude for the opportunity to be a part of saving the Earth from self-destruction. After a 1996 mass abduction, Jim was initiated as a participant, rather than as an unwilling abductee. It became clear to him that some ETs have become very concerned about their investment in planet Earth. He was given a message: Your planet is dying. He was told to instruct humanity to: restore the Earth s ecological balance, grant amnesty to those who have suppressed the truth about the long-term alien presence on Earth, and bring forth all the concealed knowledge and technologies that extraterrestrial visitors have given to humans. He is an ambassador for human cosmic awareness and a voice for the ridiculed and dismissed people who have been contacted by alien civilizations.

The best to you.

Last edited by linen53 : 19-01-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 18-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
Or, what if it's meant as theater? What if it is done for psychological purposes?

What if the weirdest stuff is the key to understanding the whole thing?

One thing that bothers me is how our culture can transform small mysteries into big psychological problems. Like if I wake up in a different room my culture that includes the alien abduction stories forces me to consider this terrifying possibility. Then I can go find an incompetent hypnotist to reveal all the details of my alien examination and reinforce my feelings of helplessness and fear. On top of the alien myth we have the scary beliefs about hell and superstitions and so forth.

The weirdest parts of the alien abduction stories are the "explanations" provided by our culture as opposed to the facts of the mystery IMO. If people could stick to the facts and not sieze on wierd explanations then they would be better off. A mystery without an explanation is better than an explanation that is not based on evidence and creates PTSD.
Old 19-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farallon
Thanks for the replies. First off to the first replier, I'm curious as to why you think being abducted doesn't result in harm? Every single abductee I have met has had horrible things done to them. In my family alone, not counting myself, we had three family member "tampered" with. Two of them developed horrendous health issues, one lost their mind and the other had horrible things done to them, but because of her Dementia, hopefully never remembered it. The one who lost his mind died in his 30's. When the autopsy was done, the coroner said he had never seen anything like it. Every single system in his body failed at once. I saw what was done to him, and to this day have never seen anything like it. I can guarantee you that very horrible things are done during abductions, if it's done by the negative ET's...

Farallon, sorry my reply wasn't much help. A few years ago I experienced something similar to schizophrenia for a week or two. The residual effects lasted several years. I was afraid to sleep because I suspected "they" were brainwashing me in my sleep. Sleeping pills helped me a lot. I've always heard it is important to do those simple things like sleep, exercise, food to recover from stress. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 19-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Or, what if it's meant as theater? What if it is done for psychological purposes?

What if the weirdest stuff is the key to understanding the whole thing?

The phenomena does fall under the label and description of,
"Paranormal".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation since I have never been an abductee but I want to suggest a very good book titled The Keepers; An Alien Message for the Human Race by Jim Sparks.
Quote:

Here is the review on it:

"Jim Sparks has been working with intelligent, nonhuman beings from off-planet locations."

"Jim was initiated as a participant, rather than as an unwilling abductee. It became clear to him that some ETs have become very concerned about their investment in planet Earth.
He was given a message: Your planet is dying. He was told to instruct humanity to: restore the Earth s ecological balance, grant amnesty to those who have suppressed the truth about the long-term alien presence on Earth, and bring forth all the concealed knowledge and technologies that extraterrestrial visitors have given to humans.
He is an ambassador for human cosmic awareness and a voice for the ridiculed and dismissed people who have been contacted by alien civilizations."

As I had posted, Linen... who is Jim Sparks? Equal to my example of, "Joe Shmoe"?
And how is he supposed to get the attention of those who are in the administrative and managerial positions on the planet, making them see the light? Especially those who so greatly profit monetarily from their various industries, which also pollute the planet?

Given human nature, you seriously expect this to happen? - "Uhh - Ohhh... did you hear what Jim Sparks wrote? Time to change our ways now!"

Until they can turn the same profit, or better, you expect them to change because Joe Smoe wrote a book?
Again, why don't they just abduct and instruct those key people who are in charge of those things, instead of, "Joe Shmoe"?

Here is where the phenomena becomes a "religion", replacing actual Truth.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Knower
I've always had a difficult time grasping why proctologists from another world would come here to work pro bono. I'm reminded of the song Rosetta Stoned by Tool in which a guy encounters an extraterrestrial while tripping on DMT, is given a messianic message, but forgets it once the compound wears off. It is always a "nobody" that receives messages from this supposed Federation of Light that watches the planet.

All humor aside, I've never known what to think about the abduction phenomena. I once encountered a grey while traversing the Astral Plane, so I know that there's something out there.
Old 19-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The phenomena does fall under the label and description of,
"Paranormal".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I had posted, Linen... who is Jim Sparks? Equal to my example of, "Joe Shmoe"?
And how is he supposed to get the attention of those who are in the administrative and managerial positions on the planet, making them see the light? Especially those who so greatly profit monetarily from their various industries, which also pollute the planet?

Hmmm, I was speaking to those who have believe they have been abducted. The book is very graphic in explanations.
Old 19-01-2014, 02:01 PM
shinenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaas
I once encountered a grey while traversing the Astral Plane, so I know that there's something out there.

Do tell....
Old 19-01-2014, 02:50 PM
pgrundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall-sky
One thing that bothers me is how our culture can transform small mysteries into big psychological problems. Like if I wake up in a different room my culture that includes the alien abduction stories forces me to consider this terrifying possibility. Then I can go find an incompetent hypnotist to reveal all the details of my alien examination and reinforce my feelings of helplessness and fear. On top of the alien myth we have the scary beliefs about hell and superstitions and so forth.

The weirdest parts of the alien abduction stories are the "explanations" provided by our culture as opposed to the facts of the mystery IMO. If people could stick to the facts and not sieze on wierd explanations then they would be better off. A mystery without an explanation is better than an explanation that is not based on evidence and creates PTSD.

Yeah. We are on the same page with that. The weirdest parts ARE the explanations.

My meaning here is NOT that we should just throw this into a binder labeled 'crazy' and forget it, but that we should use the knowledge we have to try to understand what it is happening. I have a background in psychology so I consider that knowledge. We do know some things that we've discovered using psychological methodology and experimentation.

People are afraid of being labeled crazy because we consider anyone with a psych issue invalid. What I'm saying is, instead of chalking this up to 'crazy person wanting attention', what if we took the time to actually study it using what we know? Psychology being only one of a number of methods at hand.

I bring up PTSD because it's something I understand. But of course not every bad experience or weird dream (or even week of weird dreams) means you have PTSD, or schizophrenia, or anything. If a person does have PTSD or even schizophrenia, it doesn't make them 'nuts' or invalid. I am not nuts. I've taught college, worked in finance.

One of the facts of alien abduction is that there are dreamlike qualities to it and, often, lost time. These are also symptoms of dissociation, which can sometimes point to PTSD. What is the connection? I'm asking, I'm not branding it. I don't have all the answers.
Old 19-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Yeah. We are on the same page with that. The weirdest parts ARE the explanations.

My meaning here is NOT that we should just throw this into a binder labeled 'crazy' and forget it, but that we should use the knowledge we have to try to understand what it is happening. I have a background in psychology so I consider that knowledge. We do know some things that we've discovered using psychological methodology and experimentation.

People are afraid of being labeled crazy because we consider anyone with a psych issue invalid. What I'm saying is, instead of chalking this up to 'crazy person wanting attention', what if we took the time to actually study it using what we know? Psychology being only one of a number of methods at hand.

I bring up PTSD because it's something I understand. But of course not every bad experience or weird dream (or even week of weird dreams) means you have PTSD, or schizophrenia, or anything. If a person does have PTSD or even schizophrenia, it doesn't make them 'nuts' or invalid. I am not nuts. I've taught college, worked in finance.

One of the facts of alien abduction is that there are dreamlike qualities to it and, often, lost time. These are also symptoms of dissociation, which can sometimes point to PTSD. What is the connection? I'm asking, I'm not branding it. I don't have all the answers.

I agree with that completely. IMO there is a middle ground between mentally healthy and mentally ill that psychologists and laymen refuse to acknowledge. This would explain my own experience. Most of my life I'm normal, but sometimes I have weird experiences out of the blue. Then a few years ago I had weird experiences almost every day for a week or two and had absurd paranoid beliefs that kept morphing into new beliefs. Luckily that only lasted a short time and gradually tapered off into intermittent hallucinations for a couple of years. So what does that make me - mentally healthy or mentall ill? My therapist advised me to take anti-psychotics just in case I might relapse, but I ignored her advice and I'm just fine. Once in a while I struggle with suspicions like I might think a book has a secret message for me or maybe if I'm missing a sock I suspect one of "them" is behind it. But it goes away after I find my sock.

So there is a spectrum between non-psychosis and psychosis and everybody drifts back and forth in that spectrum all the time in response to diet, stress, etc. We can't rule-out hallucinations simply because a person seems mentally healthy. And we can't ignore the experiences of mentally ill people because mentally healthy people sometimes drift into that part of the spectrum too.

That's my pet peeve. I think schizophrenia is such an awful illness that nobody wants to consider the possibility that it is an extreme form of something that we all experience. We assume an airline pilot who sees a UFO couldn't possibly have hallucinated because he/she is normal like the rest of us.

Also, what you said about seriously investigating claims of paranormal is very important. Like if I'm missing a sock and I start worrying that somebody magically teleported it somewhere, it would be nice for a level-headed scientific person to help me find my sock. Obviously resources are limited, but science needs to help solve the abduction phenomena because hundreds of thousands of people are suffering from it (whatever it is).
Old 19-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Hmmm, I was speaking to those who have believe they have been abducted. The book is very graphic in explanations.

So am I.

It's not that I don't think something is going on. It's that this, "Change Your Ways", message is suspicious, and not in sync with an overall sensible situation.

Again, why not just go abduct Mr. CEO of big oil or gas, or, members in the United Nations, and read them the riot act? - Doesn't make any sense.
Does it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein