Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-08-2017, 02:18 AM
Seeker

Your Life's Purpose

Hi Everyone,

I was curious what you all believe your life's purpose is and how you attained that realization. I am excited to see the variety in the answers :)

For me, I believe my life's purpose is to raise the existing vibration in this world. I realized that the moment I began to learn about energy and spirituality, the moment I touched someone energetically and helped them heal. How I will raise the vibration of the world really is the more specific issue. I believe in inspiring people I know, lifting their spirits, and spreading the positivity. Recently, I believe I have been called to become a physical therapist, and I am excited to help people feel better about themselves and their quality of life. This, in turn, would support my life's purpose as well. When my activities correlate to this purpose, I feel a wonderful sense of bliss and wisdom. When I deviate from this path, I feel an immense sense of anxiety and loss. It is difficult to learn what I truly need to do in this world (which I suppose is why I joined this forum), but I think talking about your purpose is the first step in manifesting it.
Old 21-08-2017, 04:27 AM
Master
i just watched an interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson where he repeated
what's on this link:
http://nerdist.com/neil-degrasse-tys...make-your-own/

i've been working on the theory that things are happy when they're
fulfilling the function they were designed for. for people, we get to
choose the purposes we place our attentions to, so the way to know
what someones life purpose is can be determined by how they find joy.
being in joy was/is the intention of the creator of reality, so to move
accordingly, towards what brings joy, is to fulfill the purpose of living.
Old 22-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Master
let the variety commence
Old 22-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzllop
Hi Everyone,

I was curious what you all believe your life's purpose is and how you attained that realization. I am excited to see the variety in the answers :)

For me, I believe my life's purpose is to raise the existing vibration in this world. I realized that the moment I began to learn about energy and spirituality, the moment I touched someone energetically and helped them heal. How I will raise the vibration of the world really is the more specific issue. I believe in inspiring people I know, lifting their spirits, and spreading the positivity. Recently, I believe I have been called to become a physical therapist, and I am excited to help people feel better about themselves and their quality of life. This, in turn, would support my life's purpose as well. When my activities correlate to this purpose, I feel a wonderful sense of bliss and wisdom. When I deviate from this path, I feel an immense sense of anxiety and loss. It is difficult to learn what I truly need to do in this world (which I suppose is why I joined this forum), but I think talking about your purpose is the first step in manifesting it.

It's wonderful that you can help heal people using energy!

My life purpose is to ascend to the 5th density or Christ/unity consciousness. I have had quite a few mystical experiences in my life and can see the huge difference between living with a 3rd density vibration and a 5th density vibration which I enjoyed for a few months earlier in my life.

Like you, when my activities/intentions/thoughts correlate to my purpose I feel peace, happiness, joy, etc. but when I am not fully working towards it or feel discouraged due to setbacks I almost enter a state of mild depression. Also, I know from my past experiences that if I backtrack on my spiritual path and decide to live a 'normal' life in 3rd D, my life will become almost unlivable due to depression so it appears I don't have much choice. Don't get me wrong in thinking I don't want to reach 5th D. I want it but sometimes I hold myself back due to the sacrifices I know I will have to make and this retards my spiritual progress.
Old 22-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I guess "life purpose" isn't exactly the same thing as "life lesson" ...

During self hypnosis I learned that my current life's lesson is "humility". Digging further, I learned about the past life that caused this.

During regressions, I could learn what was the life lesson for almost each one of the lifes I regressed to. Interestingly, during regressions, I didn't always get an answer until a certain moment of that life, sometimes only after I passed on.

None of my life lessons were so grand as the life purposes you guys believe to have. You don't explain how you found your life purpose; just feeling good about it doesn't seem to be proof of it.
Old 22-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Pathfinder

My life purpose, as far as I have felt in touch with it, is to grow as a person and while reconnecting with the limitless place I feel from time to time. It wouldn't mean abandoning the physical realm but making some use of the time I'm here in this form of existence... if I only knew what I could concretely achieve and what I'd better quit wasting time on, it would probably ease my inner turmoils, but when asking for an outside opinion, it's always "how do I truly tell whether they lie for their selfish reasons or tell their honest opinion with an intention to help (whether I like their opinion or not)?"
Part of my life purpose of course is probably finding out the damn truth and then living up to it. <3
Old 22-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Funny enough I see no purprose in my own life at all. I just simply exist, nothing more.
Old 22-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Master
* To be an interesting companion and peep-hole for the Divine.

* To be a Present, Noticing, Loving participant in the Divine Comedy

* To live without fear and Follow the Bliss in every moment.

* To revel in this incredible opportunity to experience through the human vessel.

* To extend the Love I Am to all who desire for Love and seek Hope.
Old 22-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Deactivated Account
I have many and have had many which I have served in the past.

The last 5 years my purpose was to ground fully into earth and into my physical body - being that I dissociated as a child due to trauma this took some time.

Currently my purpose is to find joy in the moment and to boldly be myself with no apologies. I am learning how to express who I am to the world and not hide in the mud.

I used to believe that I had to serve others and sacrifice myself but I have lived many experiences and lifetimes where I did that and I don't want to do that anymore.
So now my intention is to do what makes me happy, walk my own song line as I sing and be completely ok with that.
Old 23-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Master

As an old man all I can say is that many moons ago I was of the opinion that life does have a purpose. So I went to school, did a lot of sport, got married, had children, worked hard, enjoyed holidays, helped where I could, had a responsible position, retired, then joined and worked for the Red Cross without pay, my children are happy, with lovely families, my wife died, now I help my neighbours and friends who are no longer well...and so on.

Personally I'm very happy and like many things I love life, nature, people and all that surrounds me. I live in a nice place, in a lovely country, have plenty of money...and so on.

But, I see now that basically, looking back, I had no purpose in life other than to live as I have. I'm no wiser, I haven't been able to answer any questions about life and its whys and wherefores and see that all the good work that a lot of people do gets ruined by idiots. These idiots go under various names and titles; Presidents, Prime Ministers, Politicians, Dictators, Religious Leaders, Generals, Admirals and all the rest.

All that we need to do is to offer help to those countries we bomb and destroy, Maybe they won't believe our offers in the beginning but everything takes time and trust has to be won.

Then life would start to have a purpose if we started to help one another - not just as individuals but as groups and as countries.

To have a purpose means to have a target, an aim, to get a result. We prefer to kill terrorists - the ones we have created.