Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Wondering if any one can help? Projecting to easily.

Hi all,

I began to practice astral projection around the age of 13/14, it took me many months and attempts to do accomplish it. When I did I met my spirit guide, and then travelled frequently.

Once it became clear that I could do it, it became easier and easier each time. I was able to get into that state extremely easily and quickly and I still am.

After a bad expierence, where I was stuck (not really sure how to describe this) and loosing consciousness, didn't do it for many many years. I also had a bout of sleep paralysis about two years ago that happened reoccurring for a few months. It was similar to before, where I would wake up and not be able to move, think I was vomiting/choking and then loose consciousness. Thankfully this has not happened for a few years, touch wood. I found these experiences truly terrifying and had no interest in astral projection for a while.

Recently, I have began to do it almost involuntary. Not really sure whats going on, but I know that feeling a mile off, I'll be relaxing or sitting down or anything really and all of a sudden I am rushing upwards in my head and I feel as if i;m on the verge of projecting. I just about manage to stop myself and bring myself back, but needless to say, its quite scary, especially when I am not trying to do that.

Lately when I'm in bed relaxing, I get it all the time, I want to let go of the fear and see where it takes me, but I almost feel as if it should not be this easy to astral travel and that something is wrong? I feel as though I can barely contain and control it atm.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

Is it really supposed to be this easy to travel?
Old 26-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Forgot to add, sometimes I get a warning before it happens to. I can get like this high pitched sound that grows louder in my head. It's almost like Binaural beats. This used to only happen when I tried to AP but now it happens frequently when I am not...
Old 27-06-2017, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Hi JovialCentaur,
I can understand after those sleep paralysis events why you feel you want to abort any astral projections.

The "vomiting/choking" sensations....did that feel like you were trying to retch or something? Because if so, I have had that a couple of times too. Mainly a while in the past.
I was not 100% sure what it was, but thought it might have been some sort of spasm. And while mine wasn't completely associated with sleep paralysis, I still analysed it as possibly being a resistance to going out of body. Usually subconscious resistances weren't as bad as that, but it did happen a couple of times.

I felt (in my case anyway) it seemed related in some way to breathing. Often I would notice my breathing change dramatically when I was nearly ready to go out of body. The negative symptoms seemed related to a resistance to this flow.
I looked on it as mainly a physiological thing, and not any kind of negative interference.

I also have a theory about what can cause sleep paralysis....and discovered that strong resistances to committing to 'leaving the body' at the vibrational stage could cause serious hitches -in a way 'stuck' half way between physical and non-physical modes of consciousness. Commitment (in either direction) would break the paralysis.

I would definitely listen to your deeper intuition about any astral journeys....but at the same time, don't let these technical hitch-ups put you off if that is what you would like to do!

I don't honestly feel there is anything sinister about being able to easily leave your body. Some people are just built very 'loose' like that. But of course we do have conscious choice, and it is your choice whether to -or not at any given time.
Old 27-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Have you tried meditation? I know AP is very close to the same thing; in the sense your body is in a phase of complete relaxation. But if the mind is not ready, then leaving your body can be somewhat unnerving; the mind and body should be on the same page. The heart is very important during AP if you wish to reach the higher frequencies.

Also, do you experience vibration within your body when these high pitch tones occur?
Old 30-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Hi JovialCentaur,
I can understand after those sleep paralysis events why you feel you want to abort any astral projections.

The "vomiting/choking" sensations....did that feel like you were trying to retch or something? Because if so, I have had that a couple of times too. Mainly a while in the past.
I was not 100% sure what it was, but thought it might have been some sort of spasm. And while mine wasn't completely associated with sleep paralysis, I still analysed it as possibly being a resistance to going out of body. Usually subconscious resistances weren't as bad as that, but it did happen a couple of times.

I felt (in my case anyway) it seemed related in some way to breathing. Often I would notice my breathing change dramatically when I was nearly ready to go out of body. The negative symptoms seemed related to a resistance to this flow.
I looked on it as mainly a physiological thing, and not any kind of negative interference.

I also have a theory about what can cause sleep paralysis....and discovered that strong resistances to committing to 'leaving the body' at the vibrational stage could cause serious hitches -in a way 'stuck' half way between physical and non-physical modes of consciousness. Commitment (in either direction) would break the paralysis.

I would definitely listen to your deeper intuition about any astral journeys....but at the same time, don't let these technical hitch-ups put you off if that is what you would like to do!

I don't honestly feel there is anything sinister about being able to easily leave your body. Some people are just built very 'loose' like that. But of course we do have conscious choice, and it is your choice whether to -or not at any given time.

Yeah, I get you with the breathing. I have a kinda fear about breathing because I have had asthma since a child, and sometimes after I have a cold or something, I feel like I am not breathing in a normal rhythm and I have mentioned this to doctors and such and basically it's psychological and isn't a problem. It's just because my lungs have been working over time with the asthma and being ill and then they take a little while to recover. But because I am so in tune with my breathing, it makes me anxious.

I think it's all psychological I suppose. Although I have talked to others who have suggested that maybe someone is trying to contact me and wants me to project to talk to them? I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. I think I am going to have to get back into regular meditation and go from there!
Old 30-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Walworth
Have you tried meditation? I know AP is very close to the same thing; in the sense your body is in a phase of complete relaxation. But if the mind is not ready, then leaving your body can be somewhat unnerving; the mind and body should be on the same page. The heart is very important during AP if you wish to reach the higher frequencies.

Also, do you experience vibration within your body when these high pitch tones occur?

I used to meditate everyday, but have got somewhat sloppy over the last few years. This was actually my line of thought a few days ago, thinking I need to meditate on it.

As for the vibration, most of the time yes, it comes along with or just after the high pitch tones, I always manage to snap myself out at what seems like the last second. But it really feels like I have no control over it until that point. Especially when I'm trying to sleep, this is usually the worst, probably cause I'm more relaxed. When I'm trying to sleep, Ill get the high pitch, and then vibrations, not be able to move and then I'll be rushing upwards onto a swirly cosmos type thing (Dont know how to explain it), and then at the last second before I break through I manage to bring myself back down and snap out of it. Often this happens within a minute of laying down, and I'm usually the type of person who takes hours to go to sleep.It's so strange!

Also, sometimes it's only my head that gets the vibrations.