Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Knower

Nah. People as a rule don't try nearly hard enough, and when they don't get what they thought they wanted, they're perpetually ready to find a reason to justify their failure as inevitable. The number of forms and guises that process takes is truly astonishing to behold.

They all start out with unlimited hope, believing magic and transformation and a new way of being is just around the corner, and with each failure to break down the walls that keep them from it, there's always an excuse at the ready. It wasn't meant to be, they say. This failure is a lesson, they say. I now understand my goals to be different, they say. I have been taught that I should not have wanted this, they say. I only need to wait and the wall will break itself, they say. (It will not.)

This weakness disgusts me, because this tendency in human beings has thwarted the new age.
Old 15-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
Nah. People as a rule don't try nearly hard enough, and when they don't get what they thought they wanted, they're perpetually ready to find a reason to justify their failure as inevitable. The number of forms and guises that process takes is truly astonishing to behold.

They all start out with unlimited hope, believing magic and transformation and a new way of being is just around the corner, and with each failure to break down the walls that keep them from it, there's always an excuse at the ready. It wasn't meant to be, they say. This failure is a lesson, they say. I now understand my goals to be different, they say. I have been taught that I should not have wanted this, they say. I only need to wait and the wall will break itself, they say. (It will not.)

This weakness disgusts me, because this tendency in human beings has thwarted the new age.

Hi Armadodecadron,

I see it that it depends where someone is at and how willing and able are they to take responsibility.

Can relate if one feels entitled and everything should be given to them, then it just does not work this way.

In my experience very little is a given and if desired to reach a goal takes focus, practice, and effort. Mistakes may be be made, wrong decision may be made, it might not work out the way expected, but I learn from these. If not so much what I want, atleast what I don't want or simply may not be the way to go.

Blaming this, that, or the other thing doesn't seem to pan out well for me either.
The trick and work is to figure out how to adjust and keep going.

To risk using a bit of a cliche; you are the change you have been waiting for.
Brings the question; How willing am I to be that change and create it?

I call it a work in progress and while living seems there is always more to discover. Which makes life interesting. At the same time give myself some slack and take responsibility for what I may project into the world.

Everyday is a new age and a chance to move forward.
You bring up a good point, IMO,
Thank you
Old 15-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
To risk using a bit of a cliche; you are the change you have been waiting for.
Brings the question; How willing am I to be that change and create it?
This is very well stated. If this is a cliche, we need more of them in our lives. No shift is coming for us. We go to it or go nowhere.
Old 15-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello,

I am throwing this out here.

Do you think some look to hard to find spirituality ( for lack of better term at the moment).?

This is not so much asked to judge another or condemn, just a courious thought.

For me, gone through periods in life wandering, so it seemed. Looking for what it's it all about and who is this "God" anyways.

Then I stopped looking for it and bam noticed it is all right in front of my face.
Then realized it was not "God" I was looking for, but myself.

Through this the connection started to unfold and with in these noticed it is all with in this unfolding.

Took the pressure off myself and let myself be of it, instead of feeling outside of it.

Now, feel this called spirituality is the very process and unfolding of life.

Seems, to me so simple, yet takes effort and work through living it.

But, what was thought needed to be sought, was there all along and is here right now.

May be it is myself seeing myself, may be it is realizing life is the journey.
May be it is dropping the act and living the play. A combination of these and much more.

So the question came. Thinking, perhaps trying too hard to see and in the process making oneself blind to what is being.

Some of my thoughts on this.

What do you fee?

"fee"? maybe "feel"??

I think your question comes down to "wanting to be spiritual" vs. "having a need that spirituality could address".

I may have misunderstood you, but it seems that you wanted to be spiritual, then were happy / satisfied for getting spiritual.

Why do you need to be spiritual? What does it mean to be spiritual? Labels?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
"fee"? maybe "feel"??

I think your question comes down to "wanting to be spiritual" vs. "having a need that spirituality could address".

I may have misunderstood you, but it seems that you wanted to be spiritual, then were happy / satisfied for getting spiritual.

Why do you need to be spiritual? What does it mean to be spiritual? Labels?

Hi inavalan,
It is: what do you feel? I don't always proof read what I post

Typing on an iPad has its limits as well.

The thought that was going through my head was, it seems to me some come across as trying too hard to be "spiritual". Meaning comparing him/her self to others or what has been told one should be in order to be be "spiritual".

Giving a sense that he/she is somehow unworthy or not good enough or lack something.

I don't wish to judge others, just an observation and how I take it.

I understand everyone is where he/she is at and if desired to enhance the spiritual aspect in life that there are many ways to do this.

I have come to a place in my life where peace has been found with in myself about my place with God/universe. But, this is not to say the show is over, nor the interest in the spiritual aspects in life. Just, in a place to give myself some slack and that Spirit is not judging me, I am if that comes along.

I can not say for others, only for myself in general what may be needed and the meaning found at present. These have and continue to shift and change, as does the other needs and meanings applied to other aspects in life. In short I give meaning to life, as do you, and every living being, as I see it.

So for me, I am being. What meaning found are those that arise through living life. Sometimes through self awareness, sometimes through others, sometimes through just noticing what is happening around me. Find it can be all spiritual if taken to be life unfolding and feeling connected to Spirit/energy that give rise to life.

Labels are needed at times in order to communicate and have atleast an idea of what is being talked about. But, find some things are hard to place a label upon, atleast ones in which everyone can agree.

How do you label what is felt and the deep connection one may have with Spirit or however one relates to it? Those things which are beyond what is thought or words?

At times it is not even thinking about whether I am being "spiritual" or is it the "spiritual" thing to do. At times it is just noticed or done and that deep connection is felt. Like someone giving a smile. There is just a connection acknowledged there.

Now not knocking reading books, watching videos, or having discussion about "spirituality". I enjoy these myself, when the mood strikes. Just feel at times and gone through periods in my life which it seemed was trying too hard to be spiritual. Find was and am spiritual all along.

Meaning it was, is and will be there all along.

So, there is my present take on some of this.

Thank you
Old 16-11-2018, 01:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi inavalan,

So, there is my present take on some of this.

Thank you

Hi,

The way I see these ... Being spiritual has no clear meaning to me. One decides to be spiritual, finds a belief system put together by somebody else, maybe finds a guru, and puts their faith in it. Who's to say which belief system is right, and which is wrong? Also, why does one need to be spiritual? What does really mean to be spiritual in a good sense?

Am I spiritual? I don't know. I also don't care. Do I appreciate more someone who declares they are spiritual? No. Maybe a little less ... (?)

I believe to be more important that I have an opinion about the answers to questions like:
  • What am I supposed to do during this life (from a higher perspective, like mine before getting born here)?
  • Why are people incarnating (and reincarnating, if that is the case)?
I can try to search through the myriad of belief systems, rationalize them, or blindly put my faith in one. Am I so arrogant to think that I can judge the right system from the wrong ones? I believe that many contradictory gurus are actually honest, and preach what they believe to be right, but that doesn't make it right. Does it?

Another possibility, that I decided to follow, is to try to get answers to my questions directly from the source, a non-physical source. I use for that self-hypnosis channeling, and I'm happy with it.

I don't know what means to try "too hard", or "just the right effort" to be spiritual. I believe one shouldn't try to be spiritual, as a label defined by no matter what belief system.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-11-2018, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Hi,

The way I see these ... Being spiritual has no clear meaning to me. One decides to be spiritual, finds a belief system put together by somebody else, maybe finds a guru, and puts their faith in it. Who's to say which belief system is right, and which is wrong? Also, why does one need to be spiritual? What does really mean to be spiritual in a good sense?

Am I spiritual? I don't know. I also don't care. Do I appreciate more someone who declares they are spiritual? No. Maybe a little less ... (?)

I believe to be more important that I have an opinion about the answers to questions like:
  • What am I supposed to do during this life (from a higher perspective, like mine before getting born here)?
  • Why are people incarnating (and reincarnating, if that is the case)?
I can try to search through the myriad of belief systems, rationalize them, or blindly put my faith in one. Am I so arrogant to think that I can judge the right system from the wrong ones? I believe that many contradictory gurus are actually honest, and preach what they believe to be right, but that doesn't make it right. Does it?

Another possibility, that I decided to follow, is to try to get answers to my questions directly from the source, a non-physical source. I use for that self-hypnosis channeling, and I'm happy with it.

I don't know what means to try "too hard", or "just the right effort" to be spiritual. I believe one shouldn't try to be spiritual, as a label defined by no matter what belief system.

Thank you for sharing your view.

What you present brings to mind something that was said to me a while back;
One does not try to get out of a chair. One either gets out of the chair or stays in the chair.

So In my opion that is in a way what may be labeled as "spiritual" is. If one chooses to be spiritual or connected to those aspects in oneself that seems "non-physical" or as I sometime may term Spirit, then do so. There is no right or wrong way, just what works at the present.

The part I find is it takes practice and trust in oneself and it is alright if one finds no interest in anything regarded as spiritual. They still have wisdom and support to give and needed at times.

Now to be clear, I don't go around saying I'm Spiritual. To be honest don't fully know how to take it when someone says I am.

I just believe that there are aspects to our makeup. Mind, body, and spirit. We have a physical body and an energetic body. What may be felt without touching another or intuitively, for me is example of the energetic body being felt.

So, the whole "spiritual" thing at times gets muddled up. Some of it seems to boarder line on phsychology and some of it not inclined to practice or know anything about. Yes so many practices and beliefs out there.

I attempt to find ways to simplify it for myself. Those unspoken moments when something deeper is felt or a presence is felt. Noticing the connection occurring in nature. Coming to terms with myself. The peace has come through taking the pressure off myself a bit.

I go through times wondering what it is I am to do? At times get the answer; Exactly what you are doing. Which a part of me says; Say what? Another part says; Just relax with it.

I also am just sharing my opions and points of view. Find people interesting and many have given a wider view upon life. At times even find new things to explore through others, which makes life interesting.

Most everyone has his/her ways(s) of what all this may mean, IMO, and what holds importance and what does not.

Just wonder, how much credit is given to oneself for the wisdom one has and what one knows?

Last edited by Moonglow : 16-11-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 21-11-2018, 08:03 PM
boshy b. good

we are not saying it's a bad thing against anyone.

Last edited by boshy b. good : 21-11-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
looking too hard be not that quick? does
that have got it has pence of pay. maybe
as a go forward and find your recourses
and bring out what you were told and figure
it out your way, in other words snap out
of it? but not to struff enough? but to pave
up to well-off alligned agreement? it be
probably an adventure if we make
adventure out of it.
i'm inexperienced
to my master, now
i see better

Hi boshy be good,

"It be probably an adventure if we make adventure out of it". I like this. To see the journey as an adventure.

For me, it is to give the self some slack. Learn as I go, hopefully and give time to notice the scenery.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 21-11-2018, 10:48 PM
boshy b. good

give one self slacks the mighty way be
armchair havened, i go on to ponder,
just you and your heart be where the
home be's mixes and mix. it be mighty
fine to push heroe button and support
your noble causes, too, i know honor's
reason beats chaos

yes. hello to you.