Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
Is there a distinction between awake and asleep? I'm not so sure there is. In my experience anyway, consciousness is constantly in flux. Some days I feel more 'awake' and other days less so. It fluctuates all the time. There are times I seem to need to be numbed out and I watch loads of TV or develop some sort of obsession. Then there comes a time I 'wake up' again and feel more in tune with myself and my environment. I think it''s all about balance rather than being clear cut. Or at least it has been for me, I expect everyone's path is different.
Yeah 'awake' doesn't seem like the best description. I would say 'aware' - have you become consciously aware of a higher divine calling.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miricalesarereal
I think being awakes a good thing but also can make me feel alone and off my head at times.
So many people including my family and friends are still asleep and pretty much dumbed down to hellish world we live in.
Anybody else feel the same way?

It's very common to make yourself feel better by looking at those around you as "not awake".

I can assure you that it fades, and you will eventually find admiration and respect for those "dumbed down" people. it's amazing actually.

---------

One thing that helped me to overcome that "I'm more awake than everyone else, and that's a problem!" stage was to realize that other people are not strong in the ways that I am. They are strong in other ways, and that's OK, that's great, that's why we make a stronger team than if we were 2 of the same thing.

example. I might be able to handle huge crisis very easily but I can barely handle the day to day crisis, the weekly and monthly crisis. what would break anothers mind might take me 2-3 weeks to recover from, others might take 6 months or longer. Some people never recover from a huge blow to the psyche, I can recover from anything.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
in the same spirit ...
A gut's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

I've been wondering whose reality this is, 'cause I keep hoping its not mine.[/quote]Well that's the thing though, who is this 'I' anyway? Sometimes it feels as though there's two of 'me' in here and other times 'I' only visit.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Knower

It can be difficult, but what helps is being happy and having purpose.

When you are happy and alive inside - it seems to serve as some kind of psychic protection.

Even the unaware will look up to you or at least they'll be more likely to leave you alone!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is

When you are happy and alive inside - it seems to serve as some kind of psychic protection.

Even the unaware will look up to you or at least they'll be more likely to leave you alone!!!
The question is what are people 'unaware' of, more to the point what are you 'aware' of? Not having an interest in Spirituality doesn't make people 'unaware' it just means they're not that interested. We all have something that we're 'unaware' of. When you call them 'unaware' and yourself 'aware' are you 'aware' of what you're doing, and how, and why?

I have two friends that have come from generations of dyed-in-the-wool country bumpkins, they've both been through the mill and she's suffering from the late stages of cancer. But they're both the most beautiful of Souls and they literally radiate that out, they both very much have an obvious presence. They're blissfully happy together and they've found a deep-rooted peace, and being honest they radiate at a higher frequency than some Spiritual people I've come across.

Your 'psychic protection' is 'like attracts like' or vibrational frequencies. If you resonate at the frequencies of needing protection that's a 'measure' of your frequencies and is what you'll attract - people you think you need to protect yourself against who have similar/compatible frequencies. The Universe does seem to like its harmony. When you're happy your frequencies change and that's what you attract, people who 'look up' to you. Ironically enough some 'non-Spiritual' people are very aware of that, life coaches will tell you that if you want to change your lifestyle for the better then associate yourself with people who have the lifestyle you want to have. The same as Spiritual do.

If it is a question of protection then what are you protecting yourself against? Are you protecting yourself against them or your non-acceptance? It's said that the lessons keep on coming until we get them, and when we do they're no longer needed and they'll stop coming. Even the 'unaware' can show you something to be 'aware' of.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is

When you "feel" connected deeper to yourself or life, you are radiating more from within your being. When we "feel" connected we dance more freely...it is the nature of "Creation". Us as creation..

When you connected you give others permission to feel their own connection. So the leaving alone is often a reflection in feeling to feel their own connection that they might normally avoid feeling..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Experiencer
I don't mean to insinuate anything, but (and this was/is true for me) I find that those who label themselves as awake are often slumbering much deeper than they realize.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:34 AM
Knower

Hi Greenslade,

Quote:
The question is what are people 'unaware' of,
The connectedness of all life, the laws of Karma, other people's thoughts/emotions/feelings, the spiritual part of life/themselves... and the list goes on...

Quote:
more to the point what are you 'aware' of?
all that I mentioned above and more...

Quote:
When you call them 'unaware' and yourself 'aware' are you 'aware' of what you're doing, and how, and why?
Yes, it's like saying a basketball player is tall. Relative to the average person he is indeed "tall". Years and years of observation have taught me that I'm kind of "older" than most if you get what I mean...

How? 20 years of meditation and various others efforts...
Why? It's probably best to make the distinction. Saves me from from getting angry/judgemental - they simply don't know any better. As Jesus supposedly said: "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Quote:
I have two friends that have come from generations of dyed-in-the-wool country bumpkins, they've both been through the mill and she's suffering from the late stages of cancer. But they're both the most beautiful of Souls and they literally radiate that out, they both very much have an obvious presence. They're blissfully happy together and they've found a deep-rooted peace, and being honest they radiate at a higher frequency than some Spiritual people I've come across.
I believe that. I see people as they are. I don't judge them on how many hours a day they meditate - none of my business anyway.

Quote:
Your 'psychic protection' is 'like attracts like' or vibrational frequencies. If you resonate at the frequencies of needing protection that's a 'measure' of your frequencies and is what you'll attract - people you think you need to protect yourself against who have similar/compatible frequencies. The Universe does seem to like its harmony. When you're happy your frequencies change and that's what you attract, people who 'look up' to you. Ironically enough some 'non-Spiritual' people are very aware of that, life coaches will tell you that if you want to change your lifestyle for the better then associate yourself with people who have the lifestyle you want to have. The same as Spiritual do.

Like attracts like; good point...
I was talking about psychic protection as a preference, not a need...
Ultimately nothing is needed if you really think about it...

Quote:
If it is a question of protection then what are you protecting yourself against? Are you protecting yourself against them or your non-acceptance? It's said that the lessons keep on coming until we get them, and when we do they're no longer needed and they'll stop coming. Even the 'unaware' can show you something to be 'aware' of.

Black magic.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
When you "feel" connected deeper to yourself or life, you are radiating more from within your being. When we "feel" connected we dance more freely...it is the nature of "Creation". Us as creation..

When you connected you give others permission to feel their own connection. So the leaving alone is often a reflection in feeling to feel their own connection that they might normally avoid feeling..

Yep it doesn't matter who you are - a career criminal or a spiritual devotee - we all want to be happy.

Reminds me of the lyrics to that song: "Happiness is the truth."
Old 05-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
I don't mean to insinuate anything, but (and this was/is true for me) I find that those who label themselves as awake are often slumbering much deeper than they realize.

:) Haha well I'll admit that there's more work to do.

Now I may be "slumbering" compared to a spiritual master, but compared to your average Joe? Please.