Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 06-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Master
Color Herbal Experiences

hello thank you for opening this thread and welcome! I would like to start discussion of our favorite herbs and stories we want to share about herbs working for us or others we know.

I moreso wanted to hear and learn from others but since I am starting this thread I suppose I should summon up some stories of my own to share

I have to say right now my favorite herb is probably comfrey. and I do have a story of it working well. Once my fiance had broken or badly injured ribs and he had trouble getting up and moving around of course. He was nearly bedridden for weeks, until I applied some comfrey (I made a paste-like tea and added a bit of oil to it) to his skin and within the next day or two he was almost totally better and able to move around.

Another more recent story to share is about an ankle injury he had. It was very swollen though he wasn't sure what exactly happened to it, rolled it or whatever when running after a long hiatus of exercise. I applied some essential oils in carrier oil and he said that helped but I knew that arnica would also be excellent so I finally convinced him to let me get it for him and pretty much the next day he said it was better and he was able to walk almost normally after having used crutches and much limping.

As for me, well, it is harder for me to tell how things effect me but I experiment with herbs and have for a while. My understanding of and appreciation for them is growing exponentially, but I have a lot of learning and realizing to do yet. One of my favorite periods with herb use was when I tried rhodiola.. but after I started taking it my sleeping schedule and behavior became really odd so I wonder how much of it was because of that. it's been some years though and I just recently ordered the fresh root from someone in Russia and am expecting that soon. when I used it before it was an alcohol tincture. I think I got it for anxiety as that has been my main concern for the longest time. I understand mental conditions or afflictions more now though and know there isn't a one flick fix. but it seems herbs can be immeasurably helpful and beneficial in countless ways. anyways I don't recall a lot of details and as I said it's hard for me to understand how I've been effected by something, but I remember really liking the rhodiola and getting peace and positive energy and motivation from it.

Oh, one other thing I want to talk about if it can be considered an herb, is chaga. The chaga mushroom which is a parasitic fungus unlike anything else in the world which grows on trees, primarily birch. I just love it.. and can't speak about health impact of it, but it is a delight to drink the chaga tea and while I can't detail it that well, when I drink the chaga tea I feel a blanket of warmth and comfort and peace and exhilaration come over me, which I don't feel things like that from consumed substances generally. also it has a tendency to do a number on your uh elimination channels lol if you take some for the first time or after not having taken it for a while it might make you reallly have to go.. so be forewarned if you look into getting some for yourself, but I highly recommend you do.

There are some interesting facts about this "herb" chaga. It happens to have closer dna to humans than to other plants or animals. and a lot of antioxidants and all that jazzy amazing stuff.
It also has a lot of melanin which is a subject I've explored but am still a bit unclear about. Anyways, the chaga chunks which is how I prefer to buy it, are a beautiful brown combination with a caramelly color on the inside and a dark brown blackish bark-like coating. It looks like a piece of delicious candy, and the flavor while mild and earthy also exudes a slight maple taste sometimes. but its flavor is so much more and just sipping it is a magical experience. I am so excited to get mine in the mail soon!! and they say that getting it from super cold climates that are isolated (like Siberia area, mine is coming from Altai Mountains) is best and in the past I think mine only came from the Northern United States so this supply should be even more potent and purer. If anyone is curious or knows anything about these other remedies, from this person in Russia I am also getting shilajit and bee pollen