Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Pathfinder

Must be born again?

Today I went to some sort of christmas light show with my family. though i dont really follow the whole santa claus thing, I enjoyed the time, i supposed.

But throughout my life ive looked for certain signs in everyday life that may give me messages, like colors, words, etc.

at this place, the first thing i noticed is some song talking about "all eyes on you".. which immediately stood out to me.

the second thing i noticed was the words "you must be born again" written on a wall in one of the houses. "one of the other people viewing the stuff said "look at all the signs" clear enough for everyone to hear, which also stood out to me.

next, we went though another house with the same words "you must be born again" written on a door in letters at least four times larger than the first time, directly facing me as we walked.

Now to be fair, I think paranoia is a real thing...but this is just too far out there for me to safely put it under that label.

could this be some sort of message meant for me? it certainly felt that way.

the only problem is, i looked up this quote, and it comes from the bible, and the point of it is that a certain person this line was talking about had not lived his life how he should have (not in the sense of good or evil) and was "amiss" .

heres where im stuck, confused, and slightly afraid of this: im only 22 years old, and ive barely begun to live how i want to. im in college, but i believe that my purpose has to do with music, and not what im in college for. this fits the "amiss" thing i said earlier. it may be hard to believe, but I have a huge imagination for music, and plan to go into it in the very close future. I havent told anyone these things, nor had i planned to until i saw this. (mainly because in the music industry ideas are stolen and copied almost instantly and without remorse).

my end point here is, am I going to have to be born again into this existance? (id rather be at a higher dimension, possibly creating anything i want simply with my mind if that exists).

the thought of having to come back and live an entire life span on this messed up planet again has me worried.
Old 15-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Master

i like the born again idea.

it has many faces, mine was an NDE. the same thing works with seeing the light. cosmic consciousness. christ consciousness. coming to our senses. or just plain growing up.

being born again is sort of like growing evolutinarly. evolving to a higher understanding. kind of not complaining about the messed up planet but understanding that YOU can be the change you wish to see on this planets. make it so.
Old 15-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Deactivated Account

'Born again' can also be described as an awakening to higher consciousness. I doubt it's anything to do with reincarnation.
Old 15-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Master
Jesus knew everything about reincarnation, how spirits come and go, and Earth life, Heaven etc, but he mostly taught about things that were important to your soul. That is why he incarnated, to heal the entire world from itself.

He was talking about being reborn to a higher awareness as Scarlett said. It doesn't mean you flee life and enter a hermitage. It means that you take what life gives you and you grow from it.

Nicodemus was living his life rigidly and condensed in his religion and was not allowing experiences to challenge him spiritually. That is why Jesus was telling him he had to be "born again", he had to change the way he thought about things, which we all do when life presents things to us. Jesus didn't say, "Accept me as your Savior and call yourself a Baptist and a Born Again! Now pass Go, and collect 200 dollars!"

He meant that Nicodemus and majority of us have allow our ways of thinking and understanding to be reborn with a spiritual influence. That is why Jesus said, "You don't question where the wind blows but you know it is there, so why do you ask where the Spirit comes from?" He could have also been alluding to reincarnation since he does say, "must be born of water and spirit" which means physical reincarnation and spiritual transformation.

We all have to be "born again" into the Earth so to speak to keep moving up on the Jacob's ladder of spiritual growth.
Old 15-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Master

true let this be a lesson for all who live rigidly. to change the way you think is to grow.

stretch and reach and you will grow.

kk
Old 15-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Pathfinder

Thank for the advice everyone.

To be honest, I was already in the beginning steps of increasing my awareness, but seeing this sign two times in the same location kind of made me relapse to a more paranoid time in my life. The last thing I want to happen is to not have the opportunity to realize the plethora of dreams that come [and stay] in my mind.

I do have one last parting question: a few months ago i had a life altering event, and ever since then when i look in the mirror there is a small indentation between my eyes slightly above my eyebrows. ive looked into it a little, and people say its a third eye? i dont full understand this. Ive looked for other people with similar things but they are all, shall i say, more famous people in society. that being said, my chances of asking them about it directly are very slim...
Old 16-12-2014, 12:24 AM
yumi14

Your passion for music is far from being 'amiss'. Embrace the music. It is a gift.
Old 16-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Your passion for music is far from being 'amiss'. Embrace the music. It is a gift.

what about the other question? the one above your reply?
Old 16-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Master

On the phrase " you must be born again " . It is my understanding that what Jesus had said was " you must be born again , reenter your mom's belly as spirit " but that phrase got changed at the councile of Niciea in 329 ad when the Bible was put togher .
Old 16-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Master

i see no point in entering your mama's belly. so i do not get that.

but to be born again as in finding a new way to live seems to be more productive.

kk